ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR as self-employed.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

redviv
Newly Registered

ILR as self-employed.

Post by redviv » Tue May 15, 2012 5:36 am

Hello all,

Am due for my ILR this month. I have just realised that my accountant acually holds ACMA which I think is Associate Chartered Management Accountant Certifcate. Does he still qualify to be my accountant as per home office regulation? Just worried as he is not fully qualified but just an associate member. Please advice seniors.

Thanks

Red

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue May 15, 2012 8:47 am

Should be ok I guess. Go through this :-

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 016308faac

redviv
Newly Registered

Post by redviv » Thu May 17, 2012 12:03 pm

Thanks Linkers

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Thu May 17, 2012 1:47 pm

If the accountant isn't fully qualified then it's a no:
112. Where an applicant is providing evidence from an accountant or accountancy firm the accountant must be either a fully qualified chartered accountant or a certified accountant who is a member of a registered body. If the earnings were for work done while the applicant was in the UK, such evidence must come from an accountant or accountancy firm in the UK who is a member of a recognised supervisory
body. These are: The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW); the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland (ICAS); the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (ICAI); the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA); the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA), the Institute of
Financial Accountants (IFA); or the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). If the earnings were made while the applicant
was not in the UK, the evidence must come from one of the above accountants or from an accountant or accountancy firm on the list
of full members given on the website of the International Federation of Accountants, on http://web.ifac.org/about/member-bodies
However do check what is meant by the term 'associate'. I say this as the designation you get on qualification in my Institute (ICAEW) is an ACA - and the A stands for Associate!
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.