ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage with British Citizen living overseas

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Marriage with British Citizen living overseas

Post by khalidmirza » Sat May 19, 2012 7:26 pm

Husband married to a british citizen living outside UK

Dear Friends, I need this information and guidance for my best friend, Please help,while I try searching forum for more info. My friend is married for 8 years to a British citizen and have 2 children. Family has been living outside UK for all these years. Wife is British but husband and children hold Pakistan nationality. Financially very sound and family plans to move to UK together due to young children (Aged under 7)
What are chances and how to go about it. Please do indicate reference so I can advise properly
My apologies if it is a repeted question. May be you can just guide me to the right track
Last edited by khalidmirza on Sun May 20, 2012 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat May 19, 2012 7:48 pm

John

Post by John » Sat May 19, 2012 7:57 pm

Wife is British ......
How is she British? Was she born in the UK, or has been Registered or Naturalised as British?

Or was the wife born outside the UK? And inherited her British Citizenship from one or both British Citizen parents?

Just wondering if the children are already British?
Last edited by John on Sat May 19, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat May 19, 2012 7:57 pm

Are you sure the children are not entitled to British citizenship? How did the mother obtain British nationality? If she has been British since birth where was she born?

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Sun May 20, 2012 2:53 am

John wrote:
Wife is British ......
How is she British? Was she born in the UK, or has been Registered or Naturalised as British?

Or was the wife born outside the UK? And inherited her British Citizenship from one or both British Citizen parents?

Just wondering if the children are already British?
Hi John/Greenie Thank you so much. Mother inherited British citizenship from father who was born in UK . Mother was born in Pakistan. Children also born in Pakistan. My impression that children should have been British as two generations, like grandfather and mother were British was wrong as per the BNA of 1981 Perhaps only one generation born outside UK can derive citizenship from parents born in UK according to the latest British Nationality Act. I am just wondering if the wife can apply for her husband and children while being outside UK . Can the proof of sufficient funds that the family would not seek social assistance be accepted?
Any advice will be valuable.

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Sun May 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Friends any suggestions please.
What can be the course of action
1) Either mother should travel leaving the entire family home and settle in UK, find a job, accommodation and sponsor the rest of family
OR
2) Is there any provision to apply from overseas with the intention to settle in UK

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon May 21, 2012 10:05 am

Have your best friend read the information in the link that has been provided. Then, if there is anything that remains in doubt, get that person to join the forum and ask for clarification.

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Tue May 22, 2012 4:39 am

Lucapooka wrote:Have your best friend read the information in the link that has been provided. Then, if there is anything that remains in doubt, get that person to join the forum and ask for clarification.
Hi Lucapooka You are a great help. Thank you so much. Link was very good and I dug out more info as well. Like they both can apply together, can have their own sufficient funds or even seek third party financial/accommodation support, i have seen high court judgements on third party support, UKBA site permitting third party support etc

This forum is great for every one. Gurus always Gurus and I appreciate your help