ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ARPHskp

Thank God we got it

Post by ARPHskp » Fri May 18, 2012 8:24 am

thanks rad.
my advice is check telephone number because number might be changed etc. The contact number which I got on HO letter when I rang was liverpool direct and they then gave me register office number

WYW
Newly Registered

Help

Post by WYW » Fri May 18, 2012 9:46 am

Hi all

I will apply the BC in early June and understand that its will takes 6 months to process. But I need the existing passport to travel in December.

Does anybody know will HO send back the existing passport to the applicants while they still consider the application?

Thank you very much for your help.

W

cricinfo

Re: Help

Post by cricinfo » Fri May 18, 2012 9:56 am

WYW wrote:Hi all

I will apply the BC in early June and understand that its will takes 6 months to process. But I need the existing passport to travel in December.

Does anybody know will HO send back the existing passport to the applicants while they still consider the application?

Thank you very much for your help.

W
You can apply through NCS and keep all your original documents with you including passport. You have to pay for NCS services though

If you want to apply by post then after 3 months of application you can ask UKBA to send your passport back if that has got scanned. If scanned then they will send your original documents back and this will not affect your BC application.

WYW
Newly Registered

Help

Post by WYW » Fri May 18, 2012 10:03 am

Thanks cricinfo

I rang NCS and she told me that they are not doing the checking for BOTA application. They are doing checking for BOS application.

But on the BOTA guidance, they mention about this NCS service as well. VERY STRANGE

Thanks

W

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Fri May 18, 2012 11:15 am

Wondering if anyone aware of their referee(s) contacted by UKBA asking for a reference? Particularly for the people who waited many months.

workingmama
- thin ice -

Post by workingmama » Fri May 18, 2012 11:35 am

Wondering if anyone aware of their referee(s) contacted by UKBA asking for a reference? Particularly for the people who waited many months.
Neither of my husbands refs were contacted. My work collegue was one of them and she did not hear anything.

Today I booked my husbands private citizenship ceremony. I had emailed but got no response, so I found out who ran it and called them internally (I work for the council), and managed to get one for wednesday 23rd. It costs £100.

Hope those still waiting get news soon.

annpgeorge

Re: Thanks God we got it

Post by annpgeorge » Fri May 18, 2012 2:39 pm

ARPHskp wrote:Thanks God for giving this happiness.

Applied 26march and got the approval letter today.
congrats...can you update on the March 2012 topic as well for those who may have missed this...

ARPHskp

Re: Thanks God we got it

Post by ARPHskp » Fri May 18, 2012 4:42 pm

annpgeorge wrote:
ARPHskp wrote:Thanks God for giving this happiness.

Applied 26march and got the approval letter today.
congrats...can you update on the March 2012 topic as well for those who may have missed this...
Done now

Zerocool143
Newly Registered

Post by Zerocool143 » Sat May 19, 2012 1:24 pm

Just recieved my All documents back
And receieved a letter saying
Documents are being noted. We r Sending u back for easiness
Ur name will appeared on certificate as appeared on this letter
Just be patient ur application will be successful etc
Confused what is it
Is it kind of approval of i have to wait more ;)

ilrbuddy1
Newly Registered

Post by ilrbuddy1 » Sat May 19, 2012 2:50 pm

Zerocool143 wrote:Just recieved my All documents back
And receieved a letter saying
Documents are being noted. We r Sending u back for easiness
Ur name will appeared on certificate as appeared on this letter
Just be patient ur application will be successful etc
Confused what is it
Is it kind of approval of i have to wait more ;)
This simply means don't worry and chill bcz your approval is on its way.

Masryman
- thin ice -

Post by Masryman » Sat May 19, 2012 3:21 pm

I hope itsa good news for u but from my understanding they say thats how ur name will appear if u app succesfull coz i think if u are sure that u app success why hasnt they send u approval any way good luck u should hear back from them soon can u tell us when did u apply etc

Zerocool143
Newly Registered

Post by Zerocool143 » Sun May 20, 2012 6:25 pm

[quote="Masryman"]I hope itsa good news for u but from my understanding they say thats how ur name will appear if u app succesfull coz i think if u are sure that u app success why hasnt they send u approval any way good luck u should hear back from them soon can u tell us when did u apply etc[/quote]

Hiya thanks for reply

I applied in march 27
Recieved 28 march 2012
Fees left acct 16 april

Letter recieved 18 may dated 17 may

But we r 3 persons applied togather and one of us has to resend decleration
Part of AN form and has to resign n date on it thats all they asked him.
As its family case think so they will wait for this correspondence before decision...which has been sent to them already

Masryman
- thin ice -

Post by Masryman » Sun May 20, 2012 11:18 pm

I hope u get ur well waited brown envelope with the good news for you and your family all the besr for everyone in the forum

Zerocool143
Newly Registered

Post by Zerocool143 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:08 am

Cheers mate thx

I wish good luck to everyone in fourms

ARPHskp

Thank God we got it

Post by ARPHskp » Mon May 21, 2012 8:15 am

I got appointment for ceremony on 10 June. Do I need to ring and confirm them or just turn up ?

grantring
- thin ice -

Re: Thank God we got it

Post by grantring » Mon May 21, 2012 8:20 am

ARPHskp wrote:I got appointment for ceremony on 10 June. Do I need to ring and confirm them or just turn up ?
What does your letter say? does it say call if not then that is your answer

cricinfo

Re: Thank God we got it

Post by cricinfo » Mon May 21, 2012 9:21 am

ARPHskp wrote:I got appointment for ceremony on 10 June. Do I need to ring and confirm them or just turn up ?
It should state on your letter whether you need to confirm them or not. Normally you need to confirm your attendence before the ceremony.

banku
- thin ice -
Mood:

Should I contact H.O

Post by banku » Mon May 21, 2012 9:51 am

Hi there,
Me & my Mrs did a joint application for BC , We applied through Slough NCS on April 12th 2012 , then We received a letter (dated 03-May-12) from Home office as acknowledgement of the documents and confirming the Fee has bees taken out on April 27th.
But We have not received any further update ...
Would everything be OK with our application which I need to worry about?

Any guidance would be appreciated .

Regards.

manoj123

Re: Should I contact H.O

Post by manoj123 » Mon May 21, 2012 11:08 am

banku wrote:Hi there,
Me & my Mrs did a joint application for BC , We applied through Slough NCS on April 12th 2012 , then We received a letter (dated 03-May-12) from Home office as acknowledgement of the documents and confirming the Fee has bees taken out on April 27th.
But We have not received any further update ...
Would everything be OK with our application which I need to worry about?

Any guidance would be appreciated .

Regards.
You don't need to worry about anything mate. Wait for the postman to deliver the approval letter. :)

Usually UKBA do not provide any status update if your application is less than 6 months old.

bangashk

Post by bangashk » Mon May 21, 2012 4:09 pm

Guys, I have recently received my BC approval and now it’s my better half’s turn. Though she got ILR as my dependent but now she is applying as an individual so in that case do we need to attach original marriage certificate and my passport details in support of her application or not.

My understanding after going through form and guidance is that its not require, but would like to pick your brains. Thanks and kind regards.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon May 21, 2012 6:16 pm

bangashk wrote:Guys, I have recently received my BC approval and now it’s my better half’s turn. Though she got ILR as my dependent but now she is applying as an individual so in that case do we need to attach original marriage certificate and my passport details in support of her application or not.

My understanding after going through form and guidance is that its not require, but would like to pick your brains. Thanks and kind regards.
Any reason why she won't apply as a spouse of BC? The only reason I can think of is in case her absences from the UK don't meet the 270 days (in 3 years) but do meet the 450 days (in 5 years).

She needs to provide the marriage certificate and proof of your BC. This could be the naturalisation certificate. Doesn't need to be a passport.

See similar question - Application as a general applicant while married to BC.

banku
- thin ice -
Mood:

Thanks Manoj

Post by banku » Mon May 21, 2012 7:57 pm

Many Thanks for the kind reply manoj123 ..

airborneally
Newly Registered

Post by airborneally » Tue May 22, 2012 7:21 am

Masryman wrote:
noble72uk wrote:
rad wrote:
Masryman wrote: I think u should start counting from the day the payment were taken as thats the day the case open and if u applied on the basis of married to be bc u should expect it to be longer than other applicant as it takes longer than tier 1 etc so dont worry u are still within normal time
Hi Masryman,

I applied for BC based on married with a British citizen. I read what you wrote so you think that might take longer than 6 months...that what you mean?

What about tier 1 when you compared, does it take longer than 6 months as well.

With all do respect all tier 1 etc applied and they had a response within 4 to 8 weeks but married to Bc from feb still no joy just to say something else there is no matter for luck all case has its own merit
Thanks

goodluck! :)

Your status as married to a British citizen doesn’t mean it will takes longer

Whatever is your status Married to BC or not. it’s only a luck these days most of applications are dealt between 2, 3 months

So just be patient and hopefully you All will get what are waiting for.
I am married to British born citizen and have been waiting for 1 year and still no word when I will receive Citizenship.

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Post by noble72uk » Tue May 22, 2012 10:46 am

airborneally wrote:
Masryman wrote:
noble72uk wrote:
rad wrote:
Hi Masryman,

I applied for BC based on married with a British citizen. I read what you wrote so you think that might take longer than 6 months...that what you mean?

What about tier 1 when you compared, does it take longer than 6 months as well.

With all do respect all tier 1 etc applied and they had a response within 4 to 8 weeks but married to Bc from feb still no joy just to say something else there is no matter for luck all case has its own merit
Thanks

goodluck! :)

Your status as married to a British citizen doesn’t mean it will takes longer

Whatever is your status Married to BC or not. it’s only a luck these days most of applications are dealt between 2, 3 months

So just be patient and hopefully you All will get what are waiting for.
I am married to British born citizen and have been waiting for 1 year and still no word when I will receive Citizenship.
Hi you need to call this number 0151 672 5626 and ask about your status.

Masryman
- thin ice -

Post by Masryman » Tue May 22, 2012 1:19 pm

Thanks rad