ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

no confirmation letter yet. Tier1 extn appl made 14th April

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ind2uk
Newly Registered

no confirmation letter yet. Tier1 extn appl made 14th April

Post by ind2uk » Mon May 21, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi,
I submitted Tier1 extension application along with dependents on 14th April. i havent received the initial confirmation letter with the case id yet.

UK border agency gives a generic response that there is a long delay in processing and mentions that some applications havent recieved confirmation for 2 months+.

1. Is there anyone who is in similar situation?

Also suprisingly i dont find this long delay in visa processing covered in news or outside of immigration forums. Would contacting local MP to get some attention help here?
This long delay is resulting in almost 6 months wasted where one cant go out or invite others.

Also, in my case, i would be eligible for ILR in October (was earlier on WorkPermit ). given the long delay i might get the passports just before applying again for ILR :-(

thanks.

longshift

Post by longshift » Mon May 21, 2012 1:10 pm

I have seen lot of people on this forum who has their payment taken after a month of submitting their application. Yours is more than a month. Ideally, your payment should go anytime now. What method you used anyway? If cc or debit card, then you can check with your bank whether there is any pending request from UKBA.

No point contacting MPs. They are useless when it comes to UKBA. I tried contacting mine during the fee hike and he sent me a photocopy of Damien Green's statement on UKBA website.

Citigirl
Newly Registered

Post by Citigirl » Mon May 21, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi, same here. I posted an application on 17 April with next day delivery, and still have not received an acknowledgement letter. The payment was charged to my credit card on 15 May.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon May 21, 2012 5:06 pm

Citigirl wrote:Hi, same here. I posted an application on 17 April with next day delivery, and still have not received an acknowledgement letter. The payment was charged to my credit card on 15 May.
IT IS TAKING 4 WEEKS for acknowledge -present trend so no need to worry

ind2uk
Newly Registered

Post by ind2uk » Mon May 21, 2012 5:30 pm

thanks for replies. it is reassuring to know others have similar situation.

in my case i use banker's draft so its difficult to find out about payment. When i contacted the bank whether the banker's draft was exercised, they told its not a simple process for them to find out and it will take some time.

quite annoying that UKBA can get away with this!