ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr for eea2 applicant

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

angel25
Sri Lanka

Ilr for eea2 applicant

Post by angel25 » Mon May 21, 2012 8:49 pm

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, sorry if it is not.just wondering if any one had a situation where you spent 9 years on a student visa and tier 4 visa then change it to a residence card under eea regulations.Then apply for ilr under 10 year rule.Its coz i spent 9 years on student,tier 4 visa and now i have applied for eea2 residence card.my 10 years will be next august.i have a tier 4 visa which expires on november 2013.but since im not allowed to work i decided to apply for eea2.am i elligible for ilr under 10 year rule if i have mixture of uk and eea leave?thank you very much guys.you guys are very helpfull.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Ilr for eea2 applicant

Post by Jambo » Mon May 21, 2012 10:07 pm

angel25 wrote:am i elligible for ilr under 10 year rule if i have mixture of uk and eea leave?
Yes. See page 27 of Long Residence - modernised guidance.

angel25
Sri Lanka

Post by angel25 » Tue May 22, 2012 8:40 am

Thank you very much jambo you are always very helpful. :D :D

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Re: Ilr for eea2 applicant

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:39 am

Jambo wrote:
angel25 wrote:am i elligible for ilr under 10 year rule if i have mixture of uk and eea leave?
Yes. See page 27 of Long Residence - modernised guidance.
During the time spent in the UK under the provisions of the EEA regulations, the individuals
are not subject to immigration control, and would not be required to have leave to enter or
leave to remain. For more information, see related links: 05 Residence card applications.
However, you must apply discretion and count time spent in the UK as lawful residence for
family members of EU or EEA nationals exercising their treaty rights to reside in the UK, if
they meet all the other requirements for long residence.

Page number 30 on
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:40 pm

In this case you can apply ILR after completing your 10 years. However, just keep in mind that the time you will spend on EEA2 RC your EEA national partner must be excercising EU treaty rights in the form of student, self sufficient, worker, self employed etc. If you can give evidence of that then surely you will get your ILR.
Hope it give your better sense.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Englandd wrote:In this case you can apply ILR after completing your 10 years. However, just keep in mind that the time you will spend on EEA2 RC your EEA national partner must be excercising EU treaty rights in the form of student, self sufficient, worker, self employed etc. If you can give evidence of that then surely you will get your ILR.
Hope it give your better sense.
If eea family member got PR then dont need to show treaty rights anymore I belive?

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:06 pm

Normally EEA family member gets PR after 5 years under EEA law but in the above mentioned example the only sensible approach should be to apply ILR on completion of 10 years. Remember to know that for getting/holding EEA2 RC only the EEA national activities are counted, therefore the time spend under EEA2 need to be based on the activities of EEA national that is called excercising Eu treaty rights.

Pay

EEA and ILR 10 Years

Post by Pay » Mon May 13, 2013 6:22 pm

any update ? any news ? have they accepted your time under EEA as part of 10 years

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon May 13, 2013 6:51 pm

Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS