ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

ORafi
Newly Registered

oh no!

Post by ORafi » Wed May 23, 2012 2:42 pm

oh mannn
does this mean you havent got your passport back yet skirty? and theres no way of knowing when they will decide to post it!!
so the sliver of hope i had of getting my passport before 2nd June is now lost...
this is a NIGHTMARE and i need to wake up!!

Skirty
Newly Registered

Re: oh no!

Post by Skirty » Wed May 23, 2012 3:07 pm

ORafi wrote:oh mannn
does this mean you havent got your passport back yet skirty? and theres no way of knowing when they will decide to post it!!
so the sliver of hope i had of getting my passport before 2nd June is now lost...
this is a NIGHTMARE and i need to wake up!!
Hi :)

Apparently my passport is being posted out to me tomorrow. And she kind of explained why it was granted a week ago and hasn't been sent yet. She said it isn't with my caseworker, he sent it off to get the vignette put in, and they will then sent it off to me on Thursday, which is when they do their post run. They said it will be with me on Saturday, so lets see what happens!! i will keep you all updated! This does go a small way to explaining the hold-up, but i don't think it explains all of it --- i wonder if some caseworkers keep a hold of their approved ILR's until they have quite afew, then send them off to get vignettes in? There is clearly a hold-up and i think this is the tip of the iceberg i reckon! i have been promised it is on it's way - soon as it arrives i will be in here to post an update!! ORafi i am still crossing fingers for you - i hope this is your week!!!xx

SingaporeGirl
Newly Registered

Post by SingaporeGirl » Wed May 23, 2012 3:15 pm

Skirty, how long have you been waiting for yours?

limmilim
Newly Registered

Ahh I see

Post by limmilim » Wed May 23, 2012 3:16 pm

That is a useful piece of information Skirty. Thanks for sharing. I wrote a letter to the complaint department's email address UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
and got a response last week. On the response letter, it was stated that a decision has been made on my application on the 3 May and all documentations have been returned back to me on the enveloped enclosed by me. Clearly, I have not received my documents back and this explains it.

It has been quite a quiet week so hopefully, things will pick up by the end of the week! Good luck everyone!!

Skirty
Newly Registered

Post by Skirty » Wed May 23, 2012 3:19 pm

SingaporeGirl wrote:Skirty, how long have you been waiting for yours?
hi! Mine was granted after around 12 weeks (I applied at the end of Feb) so im just waiting to receive it. Apparently it is being sent First Class, but i've heard some people on here saying theirs is sent second class, so i can't be too sure on this one. Mine was a really straightforward application, as was ORafi's - so i'm hoping mine arrives on Saturday and hers very soon after :)

How long have you been waiting?

SingaporeGirl
Newly Registered

Post by SingaporeGirl » Wed May 23, 2012 3:27 pm

I have been waiting for 9 weeks, how did you manage to find out yours was granted since nobody in UKBA would discuss any cases under 6 months? I'm desperate to know where my documents are! :(

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by sufferhead » Wed May 23, 2012 4:18 pm

If you have the tracking number then go to your area royalmail distribution centre and give it to them to help you to trace it on their system then you will know where you document is. Because the way they ( royalmail) will check it is different to the way you are checking it online.
OCT1STILRSETO wrote:yyoji - CONGRATS - some people are lucky
-----------------------------------------------------------------
8 days since HO dispatched (15MAY) my documents via Royal Mail Second class post - status at this point of time today 23 MAY - no change - not received these documents - Royal mail tracking site says 'COME BACK LATER'.
:) :) :) :) hands up in the AIR and keep smiling about it :D : be happy and healthy : leave rest to GOD...

any suggestions from you all.. : honestly I really appreciate ...
nothing united in United Nation.

Miths
Newly Registered

Post by Miths » Wed May 23, 2012 4:26 pm

SingaporeGirl wrote:I have been waiting for 9 weeks, how did you manage to find out yours was granted since nobody in UKBA would discuss any cases under 6 months? I'm desperate to know where my documents are! :(

I completely agree with SingaporeGirl! How did you manage to find our the status of your application when it has not been with the Home Office for more than 6 months?

bump

Post by bump » Wed May 23, 2012 10:01 pm

OCT1STILRSETO wrote: any suggestions from you all.. : honestly I really appreciate ...
limmilim wrote: It has been quite a quiet week so hopefully, things will pick up by the end of the week! Good luck everyone!!
OCT1, I cant even imagine how bad ur situation is. i don't have any suggestions other than keep pesting them every day asking what happened to your passport and may be ask for a full refund when all is settled.

what is ur story limmilim. what category are you? what reply did you get for your complaint email?

limmilim
Newly Registered

Post by limmilim » Wed May 23, 2012 10:57 pm

Hi Bump,

My ILR application is under SET(O) [4 years WP + 1 years Tier 1]. I sent in my application on the 29 Dec 11 and received no acknowledgement whatsoever although money was deducted within a week from the date I sent the form. I also wrote a letter to expedite my case as my annual visa check by my employer is due. Having heard nothing back from UKBA, I then wrote a letter to the complaints department and got a response from them last week. The response is as follows:

'I am sorry that you found it necessary to complain about the service offered by the UK Border Agency. We strive to provide a first class service and it is a matter of regret when we fall short of the highest standards.

I apologise for the delay in dealing with your application which was submitted on 29 December 2011.

I can confirm that on 3 May a decision was made on your application for ILR and all relevant documentation was sent to your address, on 3 May, using the DS envelope provided by yourself.'

The letter was dated 10 May 2012 and if what is written is true, I have not received my documents. Also, the letter stated that the documentation was sent to my home address but I actually provided my work address on the envelope I enclosed in my application. I called the UKBA number to follow up and was told that my application is still outstanding and I will have to continue to wait until 29 June 2012, 6 months from when I sent my application! So yes, information I received from the two departments are in conflict with each other.

I don't know what else I could do but to wait patiently?

GmanILR2012

Post by GmanILR2012 » Thu May 24, 2012 7:34 am

Hi guys and girls

As I have been following this forum for some time now, I thought it only fair to sign up and post my application stats as to assist in the capturing of timeline data.

Here goes:
Application type: ILR on an ancestry visa with 1 dependent (wife)
Application date: 28/02/2012
Acknowledgement letter received: 29/02/2012
(Note that acknowledgement letter only mentioned the processing of my visa and not that of my wife, her name was not listed anywhere on the letter)
I have sent them 2 faxes, 3 letters and phoned then eight times to date only requesting acknowledgement of my wife's visa is being processed as she requires a letter stating that either her visa is currently in processing or that she is able to work in the UK until such time as a decision has been made on her application. I have still got no reply or valid answer three of which were conflicting from the contact centre staff.

Shocking services from UKBA... after paying such a load of my hard earned money and contributing for so many years, I feel let down right at the finish, also having served in the armed forces, this type of treatment is totally unacceptable!

Preacher

Post by Preacher » Thu May 24, 2012 9:24 am

Hi GmanILR2012,

I just would like to encourage you regarding the acknowledgement letter you get from HO - they usually do not mention dependants names on the letter. I applied for myself and my two sons as my dependants some time ago. In the letter I got from them was only my name mentioned, but ILR was granted to all three of us.

I wish you and your wife to receive your ILR very soon.

Best regards

RQI

Post by RQI » Thu May 24, 2012 9:44 am

GmanILR2012 wrote:Hi guys and girls
(Note that acknowledgement letter only mentioned the processing of my visa and not that of my wife, her name was not listed anywhere on the letter)
I have sent them 2 faxes, 3 letters and phoned then eight times to date only requesting acknowledgement of my wife's visa is being processed as she requires a letter stating that either her visa is currently in processing or that she is able to work in the UK until such time as a decision has been made on her application. I have still got no reply or valid answer three of which were conflicting from the contact centre staff.
GmanILR2012, when I received my acknowledgement letter, only my name was mentioned even though I was applying for myself and my wife as a dependant. Her company asked for confirmation and she simply gave them the letter and also a copy of her visa stating that she was a dependant. She explained that as long as the application is under consideration, she is legally allowed to continue to work. This is stated on the UKBA's website too. However it may be different for people who are seeking employment where the potential employer views the expired visa as a risk even though the application is under consideration from the UKBA.

Hope this helps.

R&F

Post by R&F » Thu May 24, 2012 10:20 am

Hi everyone, I just got a call from my MP's office saying that apparently my app has been resolved and that I should get it soon.
Let's hope soon is not 4 weeks.

ORafi
Newly Registered

Post by ORafi » Thu May 24, 2012 10:26 am

R&F wrote:Hi everyone, I just got a call from my MP's office saying that apparently my app has been resolved and that I should get it soon.
Hi R&F
whats the process to write to your MP? and do you think it helps? as in do you think it expedited your application in any way? also how long did it take the MP to get back to you?

Apologies for the question bombardment!
Hope you get your passport back in todays mail :)

GmanILR2012

Post by GmanILR2012 » Thu May 24, 2012 11:06 am

Preacher wrote:Hi GmanILR2012,

I just would like to encourage you regarding the acknowledgement letter you get from HO - they usually do not mention dependants names on the letter. I applied for myself and my two sons as my dependants some time ago. In the letter I got from them was only my name mentioned, but ILR was granted to all three of us.

I wish you and your wife to receive your ILR very soon.

Best regards

Preacher thanks for that information, makes me feel a lot better. You provide better information than the UKBA, one of the call operators told me that her name must be on the letter otherwise it means that they are regarding her application as invalid.... then I phoned the next day and they told me it is only the name of the main applicant! Thank you for clearing that up! much appreciated! Congrats on you and your families ILR

GmanILR2012

Post by GmanILR2012 » Thu May 24, 2012 11:11 am

RQI wrote:
GmanILR2012 wrote:Hi guys and girls
GmanILR2012, when I received my acknowledgement letter, only my name was mentioned even though I was applying for myself and my wife as a dependant. Her company asked for confirmation and she simply gave them the letter and also a copy of her visa stating that she was a dependant. She explained that as long as the application is under consideration, she is legally allowed to continue to work. This is stated on the UKBA's website too. However it may be different for people who are seeking employment where the potential employer views the expired visa as a risk even though the application is under consideration from the UKBA.

Hope this helps.
Hey RQI,

Thanks for the info it is much appreciated, I will most certainly tell my wife to show the company a certified copy of her visa and my letter... hopefully they will be able to put two and two together and let her start her job. Just hope that they let her start as it is a 5k increase in her salary!! Will be a shame if she misses this oppurtunity due to the UKBA. Had I knowen she would have gotten accepted for this position I would have just gone for the 24hr processing! Thanks for the great plan though, we will see if that is enough evidence for them that she is able to work in the uk!!

Kind regards,

RQI

Post by RQI » Thu May 24, 2012 1:34 pm

[quote="GmanILR2012Hey RQI,

Thanks for the info it is much appreciated, I will most certainly tell my wife to show the company a certified copy of her visa and my letter... hopefully they will be able to put two and two together and let her start her job. Just hope that they let her start as it is a 5k increase in her salary!! Will be a shame if she misses this oppurtunity due to the UKBA. Had I knowen she would have gotten accepted for this position I would have just gone for the 24hr processing! Thanks for the great plan though, we will see if that is enough evidence for them that she is able to work in the uk!!

Kind regards,[/quote]

It might be worth giving them a copy of your visa as the main person as well. If she goes to their HR person and gives them both your visas, the UKBA confirmation letter, a print out of the UKBA website that says you are both legally allowed to work and also the section that says applications can take up to 6 months to consider, then you've gone armed with all the documents you can get your hands on so they can make a decision based on all the evidence available to you. Losing out on and additional 5k a year is not something to be brushed off if you can help it.

R&F

Post by R&F » Thu May 24, 2012 8:21 pm

ORafi wrote:
R&F wrote:Hi everyone, I just got a call from my MP's office saying that apparently my app has been resolved and that I should get it soon.
Hi R&F
whats the process to write to your MP? and do you think it helps? as in do you think it expedited your application in any way? also how long did it take the MP to get back to you?

Apologies for the question bombardment!
Hope you get your passport back in todays mail :)
Well, it's been long but they have been really nice. They wrote to HO twice before and all they got was that it had not been passed to a caseworker. I sent them my job offer letter and wrote again, still no case worker, apparently they followed it up and finally got an answer. Hopefully it's been approved, trying to be positive as I start my new job tomorrow and it would be dreadful if my ILR is not approved.
It' s been 3 months, being made redundant, not knowing if an employer would take without papers which equals lots of stress and skin problems, I just hope it's over soon.
Best of luck to everyone

OCT1STILRSETO
Newly Registered

Post by OCT1STILRSETO » Thu May 24, 2012 9:27 pm

can I ask - starting from 15th MAY 2011 - has any one received PASSPORTS after processing their ILR application??

HO said - they dispatched my documents on 15th May - 9 days since then - on Royal Mail it still says as 'COME BACK LATER'.

I am drawing all possible flow charts with all permutations and combinations -
1. Does HO HONESTLY hand over post to Royal Mail - then why it is not delivered?
2. HO Posted - but Solicitor might have missed to collect post - and documents just sitting at local post office?
3. or HO never hand over documents to Royal mail - but they updated their system as dispatched.....??
4. or documents sent to WRONG address - no one collected them - and documents are just sitting at local post office - and on Yahoo answers says
"I am a RM postie and we keep normal items for 3 weeks, Special Delivery for the same.

But recorded items are returned to sender if not collected after 7 days from the attempted delivery."

Happy waiting for PASSPORTS.

toolong
Newly Registered

Post by toolong » Fri May 25, 2012 6:40 am

[quote="OCT1STILRSETO"]can I ask - starting from 15th MAY 2011 - has any one received PASSPORTS after processing their ILR application??

HO said - they dispatched my documents on 15th May - 9 days since then - on Royal Mail it still says as 'COME BACK LATER'.

I am drawing all possible flow charts with all permutations and combinations -
1. Does HO HONESTLY hand over post to Royal Mail - then why it is not delivered?
2. HO Posted - but Solicitor might have missed to collect post - and documents just sitting at local post office?
3. or HO never hand over documents to Royal mail - but they updated their system as dispatched.....??
4. or documents sent to WRONG address - no one collected them - and documents are just sitting at local post office - and on Yahoo answers says
[b]"I am a RM postie and we keep normal items[b][color=red] for 3 weeks[/color][/b], Special Delivery for the same.

But recorded items are returned to sender if not collected after 7 days from the attempted delivery."[/b]

Happy waiting for PASSPORTS.[/quote]

yes i got my passport yesterday infact on Wednesday but there was nobody to receive it so i got it from the local post office. i called UKBA on tuesday and they told me that they dispatched my passport on monday and gave me a tracking number. I checked that but there was no status on the Royal mail website. but next day i recieved a a card from royal mail and i picked it up from the post office on thursday but status was updated on royal mail website on wednesday that they tried to deliver it.

th_in_gs
Newly Registered

Successful SET(M) application time

Post by th_in_gs » Fri May 25, 2012 9:51 am

Haven't posted before, but I've been lurking on this thread for reassurance while my wife waited for her SET(M) to be processed. It just arrived!

We just did a regular, unchecked postal application. We applied before the changes to the rules that I think require more biometric data? (Although she did to biometrics for the previous FLR(M)). FWIW, my wife is a US citizen.

Our timeline was:

Posted to UKBA: 14/02/12
Acknowledgement letter dated: 16/02/12
Residence permit issue date: 05/05/12
Passports etc. arrived back with us: 24/05/12 (19 days after the date in the letter accompanying them, which was also dated 05/05! It was posted second class, but this still seems like a weirdly long time to me)

Total elapsed time, just over 14 weeks.

ad123
Newly Registered

Successful SET(M) application time

Post by ad123 » Fri May 25, 2012 2:18 pm

HI

Congrats

but your post did not make any sense in the sense that if you have applied befor 29 feb you will receive sticker in the passport but in ur case they send your wife biometric card

as far as i know biometric is a part your application, if you dont go for your finger prints your application is not valid. even if you went for bio metric for FLR M, for set M biometric is still required,

correct me guys if i am wrong

cheers

th_in_gs
Newly Registered

Re: Successful SET(M) application time

Post by th_in_gs » Fri May 25, 2012 2:44 pm

ad123 wrote: but your post did not make any sense in the sense that if you have applied befor 29 feb you will receive sticker in the passport but in ur case they send your wife biometric card
To clarify, previously she had a biometric card for her FLR(M), but now she has the residence permit stuck inside her passport (as expected for her pre-Feb 29th SET(M) application, as you suggest).

limmilim
Newly Registered

Finally it's here

Post by limmilim » Fri May 25, 2012 2:57 pm

Hi, just to let you know that after 21 weeks of waiting, I finally got my passport back. Here is my timeline:

Application type: SET(O) [ 4 years WP + 1 year Tier 1]
Date of application: 29 Dec 2011
Acknowledgement receipt date: Did not receive acknowledgement letter
Money deducted: 6 Jan 2012
Date ILR stamped: 3 May 2012
Date passport received: 25 May 2012

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting!