ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

professional reference and accountant letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SitiP
Newly Registered

professional reference and accountant letter

Post by SitiP » Thu May 24, 2012 7:39 pm

I am a Director and the only employee of my own Ltd Company. I am applying for citizenship. I have a couple of questions.

1. Reference: I am facing problem in obtaining a professional reference. I am with my current GP for less than 3 years , she does not know me and I am told that GPs do not sign even in the normal case.

My question is, can I ask for a reference from an IT Contractor, who is the director of his one-man limited company(which is VAT registered)? Has any body done this successfully? Can the accountant of my company give me a reference? I guess not. I have never met him. Everything is over the emails.

2. I am a director / employee of my own company. Need I get a letter from my accountant? If yes, what should that letter say?
3. Need I enclose a copy of my most recent self-assessment return?

I really appreciate your help with this. Thank you.

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Fri May 25, 2012 10:12 am

In reverse order

3) No, you are an employee so they can check your paying taxes with your PAYE records

2) No, you are an employee, no need for an accountants letter

1) As long as the accountant has known you for 3 years and is comfortable signing it then thats fine.

GPs are "allowed" to sign them, they just dont like doing it generally.

Directors of VAT registered Ltds is on the list but others here have said they have spoken to UKBA before and been told that they arent acceptable unless they otherwise meet the criteria - eg for an IT Contractor if they are a member of the British Computer Society

SitiP
Newly Registered

Post by SitiP » Fri May 25, 2012 4:05 pm

Thanks a lot friendinneed. It is very helpful. I know somebody who is a senior manager in Royal Bank of Scotland. She works in the risk management department (not in retail banking). Do you think she can be a professional referee under the heading : Bank / Building society official in the HMRC list? Thank you.