ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension application - selfemployed director of company

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

PrashantMar
Newly Registered

Extension application - selfemployed director of company

Post by PrashantMar » Tue May 08, 2012 9:46 am

Hi,

I am submitting my Payslips, Dividend Vouchers and Bank Statement for Income Proof.

I have got templates from this forum by a simple search, thanks so much for that.

Just wondering if I need Dividend Vouchers and Invoices to be endorsed by accountant or just a signature from director (myself) is enough.

I will then ask my accountant to write a letter confirming the dividend and salary breakdown.

Thanks

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Tue May 08, 2012 11:26 am

What the dividend vouchers must show

Dividend vouchers must show the amount of money paid by the company to you, normally from its profits. They should confirm both the gross and net dividend paid. You should provide a separate dividend voucher or payment advice slip for each dividend payment, to cover the whole period claimed.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... dvouchers/

PrashantMar
Newly Registered

Post by PrashantMar » Tue May 08, 2012 11:30 am

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry but I just wanted to know if this Dividend Voucher should also be signed/stamped by Accountant?

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Tue May 08, 2012 12:05 pm

After reading a lot of similar post , I think dividend vouchers should be signed and stamped by you.

Accountant can give a supporting letter explaining all of your income berakdown.

lizzier
Newly Registered

Post by lizzier » Tue May 08, 2012 4:32 pm

Hi PrashantMar - I had my accountant verify the dividend vouchers and provide a letter with a summary of earnings for the period claimed.

PrashantMar
Newly Registered

Post by PrashantMar » Wed May 23, 2012 9:01 am

Hi All,

Thanks for your responses. I have some further queries on the documents t obe produced for earning evidence.

I get salary and dividend from my company. I was planning to submit following documents for earning evidence -

Payslips
Dividend Vouchers signed by myself and accountant
Personal Bank statement showing salary and dividend credits
Accountant letter with salary breakdown.

I have been tracking other applications in this forum and seen others applying as Employed and their application was successful. But recently there is so much confusion in this forum and I am not sure if I should apply as employed or self employed.
If I show myself as self employed, what other documents would you suggest?

Invoices from company
Business Bank statement
UTR number (I have a letter from HMRC)

Not sure what NI certificate is and if that's required?

PrashantMar
Newly Registered

Post by PrashantMar » Wed May 23, 2012 11:36 am

using the previous thread as suggested by moderator.

No response yet :(

Seniors please let me know about the additional documents esp NI certificate

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 24, 2012 10:00 am

People will respond if and when they wish to.

Lack of response(s) could also be due to the fact that the questions you are asking have been answered numerous times in the past ... and information already available. Searching the forum for information already available may get you the answers you are seeking sooner.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Fri May 25, 2012 2:18 pm

But recently there is so much confusion in this forum and I am not sure if I should apply as employed or self employed.
There isn't any confusion at least as far as I'm concerned. This is what the UKBA say in their own words:
Under Part 6A of these Rules, "Self-Employed" means an applicant is registered as self-employed with HM Revenue & Customs, or is employed by a company of which the applicant is a controlling shareholder.
You will not be paying Class 2 or Class 4 National Insurance as they relate to sole traders and partners. Any Class 1 National Insurance payable will be deducted from your gross salary, paid to HMRC along with Income Tax and will appear on your payslips. Your current employment NI will also appear on your P60.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

PrashantMar
Newly Registered

Post by PrashantMar » Mon May 28, 2012 9:08 am

Just a quick query on Tier1G form -

D5. Are either the applicant’s current and/or any one of his/her previous passport(s) or travel
document(s) that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which
shows his/her current leave unavailable?Yes - go to question D6 No - go to question D11
Please note for the application to be valid and complete the applicant’s current passport or
travel document must be provided unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified
on the application form.

Sorry for this rather silly question, may be m bit confused. Also do I need to fill D6-D10 e.g. port entry, travel details etc.?

ScopeD
Member of Standing

Post by ScopeD » Mon May 28, 2012 9:24 am

PrashantMar wrote:Just a quick query on Tier1G form -

D5. Are either the applicant’s current and/or any one of his/her previous passport(s) or travel
document(s) that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which
shows his/her current leave unavailable?Yes - go to question D6 No - go to question D11
Please note for the application to be valid and complete the applicant’s current passport or
travel document must be provided unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified
on the application form.

Sorry for this rather silly question, may be m bit confused. Also do I need to fill D6-D10 e.g. port entry, travel details etc.?
I would just follow the instructions as they are. I would go straight to D11 and not bother about D6 - D10 - if all passports are available.

PrashantMar
Newly Registered

Post by PrashantMar » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:34 am

Thank you all. I have got my BRP card valid for next 3 years. I went to PEO Croydon on 31st May and Visa was approved same day.
No IT issues furtunately may be due to early morning appointment.

Cheers!!

tier1_aspirant123

Post by tier1_aspirant123 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:45 pm

Prashant,

congratulations for your approval.
did you apply as self employed or employed?

regards
Tier1 Aspirant

PrashantMar
Newly Registered

Post by PrashantMar » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:06 pm

Employed.

nsuk
- thin ice -

Post by nsuk » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:59 pm

Congrats friend. Can u please list the documents u have submitted finally as my case is similar to yours.

tier1_aspirant123

Post by tier1_aspirant123 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:39 pm

oh but the earlier comments suggested that you are self employed for UKBA... now i am confused :)
Tier1 Aspirant

smackit_in

empployed/self employed

Post by smackit_in » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:42 am

Am applying in same situation and i though i would be classed as self -employed ?

does this mean all depends on each case worker ?

PrashantMar
Newly Registered

Post by PrashantMar » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:43 am

I didn't want to have any discrepency in my application as that's why applied as Employed. My Accountant letter confirmed that I am an employee of limited company and get salary + dividend. I am not registered as self employed to HMRC hence submitted only the folowing documents as earning proof -

Salary Slips
Dividend Vouchers
Accountant Letter
Bank Statements

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:47 am

smackit_in

hello

Post by smackit_in » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:09 pm

You are right sush in fwding us to that thread, but as you can see in this thread the OP got approved ticking employed ?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:17 pm

OP's approval just proves that the response to this question does not influence the outcome of the application ... other than (perhaps) the CW cursing the applicant for not even knowing whether he is employed or self-employed in terms of immigration rules! :wink:

It is entirely up to the applicant if he wishes to answer this question in an immigration application according to HMRC definition (wrong answer) or how immigration rules categorize such an individual (right answer).

smackit_in

Hi

Post by smackit_in » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:33 pm

sushdmehta wrote:OP's approval just proves that the response to this question does not influence the outcome of the application ... other than (perhaps) the CW cursing the applicant for not even knowing whether he is employed or self-employed in terms of immigration rules! :wink:

It is entirely up to the applicant if he wishes to answer this question in an immigration application according to HMRC definition (wrong answer) or how immigration rules categorize such an individual (right answer).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

could we tick both ?? 8) 8)

QuickSam
BANNED

Re: Hi

Post by QuickSam » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:37 pm

Do it at your own risk....

It actually doesn't matter what you've selected on the form. UKBA considers limited company directors as self employed. As most of the applicants knowingly or unknowingly include most of the relevant documents they get approvals.
Give me more Karma (+)

smackit_in

Re: Hi

Post by smackit_in » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:19 pm

QuickSam wrote:Do it at your own risk....

It actually doesn't matter what you've selected on the form. UKBA considers limited company directors as self employed. As most of the applicants knowingly or unknowingly include most of the relevant documents they get approvals.

Thats right , in my initial same day appointment they called my solicitor saying i should be self employed n if i dont have utr then they will refuse.
we kept explaining director is different. finally we sent all such information along with registering for utr , so still dont know what they approved for employed or self employed.

Bcoz a director doesnt pay nic 2 so how can you term them as self empl

although i file my self assessment

So still confused what to tick