ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Tue May 22, 2012 10:08 am

This the reply I got when I asked about the progress of my eea4 Application

Good Morning. .

We aim to conclude all non EEA applications within 6 Umonths of receipt, and usually much soonere. We conclude postal applications from EEA nationals within 20 days. The public enquiry office in Croydon, can provide a same day service. This is in accordance with the EEA Regulations of 2006.  

Please see guidance from the UK Border Agency website:

“The time taken to process your application will depend on the type of application you make and how you submit it.

We deal with all applications within 6 months. Some applications will be resolved much sooner.

To help us to focus on deciding applications as soon as possible, please do not phone or write to ask about the progress of your application unless you need a passport or other document urgently.”

9saffa9
Newly Registered

Post by 9saffa9 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:15 am

13/02/2012: Application submitted
14/02/2012: Application received by HO
07/03/2012: Passport requested for urgent business trip
12/03/2012: Passport received together COA in same envelope
02/04/2012: E-mailed for an update (no response)
10/04/2012: Called for an update and explained that I have to travel frequently for work and that my RC expires 11 May and that i would struggle to even board a plane to return to the UK as I am a visa national. Was simply told that its my choice to travel and that I have to wait 6 months.
10/04/2012: E-mailed for an update and explaining situation (no response)
10/04/2012: sent enquiry to SOLVIT explaining urgency of situation
15/04/2012: Response received from SOLVIT, stating that through treaty rights I am allowed to travel and that if I have any issues with boarding a plane or entering the UK that I need to show my CoA with us much supporting info as possible and they also provided a number that I could ring if I have any difficulty with either of the latter.
01/05/2012: called BA in the hope to get an update but as I have not passed the 6 months mark, they wont even consider taking my details to look into it.

No news yet...

melcu

Post by melcu » Tue May 22, 2012 11:19 am

reda wrote:This the reply I got when I asked about the progress of my eea4 Application

Good Morning. .

We aim to conclude all non EEA applications within 6 Umonths of receipt, and usually much soonere. We conclude postal applications from EEA nationals within 20 days. The public enquiry office in Croydon, can provide a same day service. This is in accordance with the EEA Regulations of 2006.  

Why would they say that if in this document it clearly says "We will deal with applications for residence cards and documents certifying permanent residence through the postal application service only."
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

or do they mean only for EEA3 applicants?

Bing

Re: EEA4 Application Processing Time

Post by Bing » Tue May 22, 2012 7:18 pm

Bing wrote:
Bing wrote:
babyjake wrote:anyone applied for EEA4 in April/ May 2012?

Application posted - 26/04/2012
Application received by HO - 27/04/2012
COA - Still waiting
Application Posted - 13/04/2012

Received by HO - 16/04/2012

COA - still waiting..
Still no news for me.. I just sent an email and let's see.
I received my COA on 22 May 2012 dated with 18 May 2012

babyjake
Newly Registered

Post by babyjake » Fri May 25, 2012 5:25 pm

Thanks. I am still waiting or mine. Probably wait or another 2 weeks before sending next chase.

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Fri May 25, 2012 6:54 pm

i did ask about the progress of my application like this

dear sir,

i would like ask about the progress of my EEA4 Application as I'm due to fly back to my country next month (25 June),

and for that purpose I want to know which is the earliest date I can ask about my passport back if the PR is not issued before de day of departure.

Please treat my request as urgent matter and please reply as soon as possible with any documents that you might require from me and with instructions as to the next steps I should take.

they reply:
Good Afternoon,

Please be advised that I have requested the return of your passport.

If you do not want your passport returned please let me know and I will have the request cancelled.

Kind regards
Euro
i reply:
I don't want my passport back yet as I still have some time before my trip,
I just want to know about the progress of my application.
they reply:
Good Morning,

We aim to conclude all non EEA applications within 6 months of receipt, and usually much sooner. We conclude postal applications from EEA nationals within 20 days. The public enquiry office in Croydon, can provide a same day service. This is in accordance with the EEA Regulations of 2006.

Please see guidance from the UK Border Agency website:

“The time taken to process your application will depend on the type of application you make and how you submit it.

We deal with all applications within 6 months. Some applications will be
resolved much sooner.

To help us to focus on deciding applications as soon as possible, please do not phone or write to ask about the progress of your application unless you need a passport or other document urgently.”
yesterday the HO sent my passport back even i did not ask about it.

Bing

Re: EEA4 Application Processing Time

Post by Bing » Sat May 26, 2012 2:28 pm

Bing wrote:
Bing wrote:
Bing wrote:
babyjake wrote:anyone applied for EEA4 in April/ May 2012?

Application posted - 26/04/2012
Application received by HO - 27/04/2012
COA - Still waiting
Application Posted - 13/04/2012

Received by HO - 16/04/2012

COA - still waiting..
Still no news for me.. I just sent an email and let's see.
I received my COA on 22 May 2012 dated with 18 May 2012
Requested my passports back on 21 May and received them on 24 May

It looks like they are doing things faster!

Bubblefish
Newly Registered

Post by Bubblefish » Sat May 26, 2012 7:06 pm

I requested my passport back and nothing have arrived. Not even a response. i have called so many times and I havent been able to get through once.

I have sent my docs end of January and still nothing.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Sun May 27, 2012 9:38 am

January?? have they sent you COA? mine is since 17/03/2012 and I have not receive anything and not even certificate of application. though, I have requested for my wife's pasport back and they told her that they have received her request and she will get her passport in 5 working day, we sent the email last week sunday and still nothing.

Bubblefish
Newly Registered

Post by Bubblefish » Sun May 27, 2012 6:20 pm

presido007 wrote:January?? have they sent you COA? mine is since 17/03/2012 and I have not receive anything and not even certificate of application. though, I have requested for my wife's pasport back and they told her that they have received her request and she will get her passport in 5 working day, we sent the email last week sunday and still nothing.
I received the COA end of February. I send them an email and never received a response.

My request for passport was 10 days ago

melcu

Post by melcu » Sun May 27, 2012 9:08 pm

presido007 wrote:January?? have they sent you COA? mine is since 17/03/2012 and I have not receive anything and not even certificate of application. though, I have requested for my wife's pasport back and they told her that they have received her request and she will get her passport in 5 working day, we sent the email last week sunday and still nothing.
I haven't receive COA either, even though they did answer to my email that it is dispatched on 24th April. To my second email 3 weeks later they replied that all COA-'s they send by 2nd class postage and it takes a while. but now, one month later nothing. Don't know what to do. I am going to ask for my passport back in the end of June and since my residence card has expired I really need COA to travel. Already not sure that my passport will come on time either.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Mon May 28, 2012 7:42 am

melcu wrote:
I haven't receive COA either, even though they did answer to my email that it is dispatched on 24th April. To my second email 3 weeks later they replied that all COA-'s they send by 2nd class postage and it takes a while. but now, one month later nothing. Don't know what to do. I am going to ask for my passport back in the end of June and since my residence card has expired I really need COA to travel. Already not sure that my passport will come on time either.
At least HO told you that your COA has been dispatched, that means your application is looking successful. I have called them so many times and they keep telling me my application is not been validated, is been over 2 months I sent my applications. I wonder what this validation means, because there are some guys on this forum who sent there application a month after mine, they have received there COA while, I have not heard any news about mine not even my wife's PR.

9saffa9
Newly Registered

Post by 9saffa9 » Mon May 28, 2012 9:34 am

Hi guys,

How many people are still waiting from December and January?

onetowatch20
Newly Registered

Post by onetowatch20 » Mon May 28, 2012 10:54 am

27/02/2012: EEA3 & EEA4 Application Posted
28/02/2012: Application received by HO
03/04/2012: COA received, dated 26/03/2012
18/04/2012: EEA3 PR & Passport received (dated 26/03/2012)
??????????: Still awaiting EEA4 PR & Passport

Bubblefish
Newly Registered

Post by Bubblefish » Mon May 28, 2012 8:31 pm

9saffa9 wrote:Hi guys,

I have send them last week ok January, still waiting

Bubblefish
Newly Registered

Post by Bubblefish » Mon May 28, 2012 8:32 pm

melcu wrote:
I didnt know we can travel with the COA

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon May 28, 2012 9:21 pm

Bubblefish wrote:
You can't use it for travel if you are a visa national as you won't be able to board the flight. You can use it to enter the UK if you manage to get to the border and this is possible if you are a non visa national.

melcu

Post by melcu » Mon May 28, 2012 9:45 pm

Jambo wrote:
Bubblefish wrote:
You can't use it for travel if you are a visa national as you won't be able to board the flight. You can use it to enter the UK if you manage to get to the border and this is possible if you are a non visa national.
then is it possible to get a visa to come back in the UK and then continue the application process? or will the status change and I have to start everything from scratch?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon May 28, 2012 10:02 pm

melcu wrote: then is it possible to get a visa to come back in the UK and then continue the application process? or will the status change and I have to start everything from scratch?
You can apply for a new EEA Family Permit from abroad. This will have no affect on your RC application.

melcu

Post by melcu » Mon May 28, 2012 10:34 pm

Jambo wrote: You can apply for a new EEA Family Permit from abroad. This will have no affect on your RC application.
thanks, but I have applied for PR card....

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon May 28, 2012 10:39 pm

melcu wrote:
Jambo wrote: You can apply for a new EEA Family Permit from abroad. This will have no affect on your RC application.
thanks, but I have applied for PR card....
Makes no difference.
Have your RC expired already? Normally you are eligible for PR (i.e. 5 years completed) before the RC has expired.

melcu

Post by melcu » Mon May 28, 2012 10:50 pm

yes, it has already expired in the end of March. earliest we could apply in january, but unfortunately we didn't. My husband's passport with PR (EEA3) card received in April, one month after our application. really hoped it won't take long as our case should be easy one.
Last edited by melcu on Mon May 28, 2012 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

racim

Post by racim » Tue May 29, 2012 4:10 am

9saffa9 wrote:Hi guys,

is been agessssss we havent read soneome got his PR on here ;) the procces of applications has slowwww down so much this days !!!

9saffa9
Newly Registered

Post by 9saffa9 » Tue May 29, 2012 8:39 am

9saffa9 wrote:
Hi guys,

is been agessssss we havent read soneome got his PR on here the procces of applications has slowwww down so much this days !!!

Lets hope there is some good news soon!

9saffa9
Newly Registered

Post by 9saffa9 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:13 am

Looks like we have had another quiet week... :(