ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

children

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tw30
Newly Registered

children

Post by tw30 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:59 pm

sorry i posted this in non-imm matters but should really have posted it here.
i have just received my british nationality. my son still resides abroad with my parents but i would like to bring him here to the UK. he is 8 years old. can anyone tell me how long it will take to get him here and also how soon after arriving in the UK he will be able to apply for british nationality? further if he wants to spend time back in his country of origin will this be a problem? thank you.

John

Post by John » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:49 pm

my son still resides abroad with my parents
Do you have Sole Custody of your son? You used the "I" word in your message, rather than "we". Where is the child's other parent?
John

tw30
Newly Registered

Post by tw30 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:55 pm

well my son and wife both live with my parents. my wife is not keen to come to the UK, but wishes, along with me for the child to come. the thing is that obviously given these circumstances the child will need to return to country of origin often to see his mother. i am hoping int he long term that my wife will also come to the UK.

John

Post by John » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:00 pm

Reading what you have posted you will need to get Sole Custody of your child before making the application for a Child Settlement Visa.

Given that we do not know which country your wife and child are living in, it is impossible to say how you would go about getting Sole Custody.
John