ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ILR.2012
Newly Registered

British Passport

Post by ILR.2012 » Mon May 28, 2012 10:48 am

Hi there

My daughter has been registered as British Citizen last week and I'm looking to apply for her passport now.

Can you please advise supporting documents required for passport application?

Also please note that I've send my current passport to HMRC for child benefits last week. Can I submit copy of my passport and enclosed my wife's passport instead to show that we both have ILR status in UK? For your information, myself and wife we both are on ILR status.

Please respond to above.

Thanks
Sameer

cricinfo

Re: British Passport

Post by cricinfo » Mon May 28, 2012 11:21 am

ILR.2012 wrote:Hi there

My daughter has been registered as British Citizen last week and I'm looking to apply for her passport now.

Also please note that I've send my current passport to HMRC for child benefits last week. Can I submit copy of my passport and enclosed my wife's passport instead to show that we both have ILR status in UK? For your information, myself and wife we both are on ILR status.

Please respond to above.

Thanks
Sameer
If she is registered already then you don't have to send your or your wife's passport. You only have to send registration certificate along with application form and any passport your daughter has at the moment

ILR.2012
Newly Registered

Post by ILR.2012 » Mon May 28, 2012 3:13 pm

cricinfo wrote:
ILR.2012 wrote:Hi there

Please respond to above.

Thanks
Sameer
If she is registered already then you don't have to send your or your wife's passport. You only have to send registration certificate along with application form and any passport your daughter has at the moment
Thanks Cricinfo,

For the new passport application, one of the requirement for children born in UK after 2002 is to provide parent's status in UK.

Also she is only 8 months old and holds an Indian passport without any valid visa on it.

Can you please confirm if my understanding about the status requirement is correct again?

Cheers

Sameer

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon May 28, 2012 5:34 pm

ILR.2012 wrote:For the new passport application, one of the requirement for children born in UK after 2002 is to provide parent's status in UK.
could you point out where you read this? You just need to fill in the parents details in the form but the supporting evidence for the child claim for BC would be the Registeration certificate and not the parents' passport.
Also she is only 8 months old and holds an Indian passport without any valid visa on it.
She lost her Indian nationality when she became British (even without a passport). You will need to surrender the passport to the Indian authorities.
Can you please confirm if my understanding about the status requirement is correct again?
See Q2 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Passport.