ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self-Employment Accountant Letter: Accountant certification.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

darth_ash
Newly Registered

Self-Employment Accountant Letter: Accountant certification.

Post by darth_ash » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:49 pm

Hello,

I'm on a tier2 and will be applying for Tier1 by next week and to meet the earnings requirement I have picked 5 projects: 4 in India and one in Dubai,U.A.E; but the earnings from all were transferred to my Indian account.
My Chartered-Accountant is FCA certified rather than UK FCCA/ACCA certification.
Will his letter be credible with UKBA?

Cheers.

flo77
Newly Registered

Post by flo77 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:08 am

FCA is no longer acceptable, I used a FCA recognized accountant and my application was refused.

thiruuk

please read it!

Post by thiruuk » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:34 am

Membership

Members of the Institute are known as Chartered Accountants. Becoming a member requires passing the prescribed examinations, three years of practical training (known as articleship) and meeting other requirements under the Act and Regulations. A member of ICAI can use the title CA before their names.[18] A member of ICAI may either be an Associate Chartered Accountant (A.C.A.) or a Fellow Chartered Accountant (F.C.A.) based on his experience. Further based on holding Certificate of Practice, they may also be classified as practising and non-practising Chartered Accountants. As of April 2010, the Institute has 161,516 members out of which 94,991 are Associate Chartered Accountants and 66,525 are Fellow Chartered Accountants.[19]
[edit]Associates and fellows
Any person who is granted membership of the Institute becomes an Associate Chartered Accountant and is entitled to use the letters A.C.A. after his name. Generally associates are usually members of the Institute with less than 5 years of experience after which they become entitled to apply for being a fellow member. Some associate members, particularly those not in practice, often voluntarily chose not to apply to be a fellow due to a variety of reasons.
An associate member who has been in continuous practice in India or has worked for a commercial or government organization for at least five years and meets other conditions as prescribed can apply to the Institute to get designated as a "Fellow". A fellow Chartered Accountant is entitled to use the letters FCA. after his name. Responsibilities and voting rights of both types of members remain the same but only fellows can be elected to the Council and Regional Councils of ICAI. Fellows are perceived as enjoying a higher status due to their longer professional experience.
tHiRu

need_info
Newly Registered

Post by need_info » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:07 pm

Hi,

I have also used self employed earning from India in my application that was refused. I have appealed against the decision. I had paid in India and money was received in Indian bank account. The accountant is registered with ICAI since 2008. Do i have to get my earning certified by UK accountant. I want to be absolutely sure that all is okay for my appeal.

Thanks

thiruuk

hi check your accountant!

Post by thiruuk » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:14 pm

hi is your charted accountant title says C.A .
weather he is FCA.

http://www.icai.org/new_post.html?post_id=1812&c_id=92 is the link i used to check the membership
tHiRu

need_info
Newly Registered

Post by need_info » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:21 pm

He is only an associate and not a fellow. I have checked on the link and his details are there. Does he need to be a fellow? i have not seen any mention of such a thing in UKBA guidelines

HSK Accountancy Services

Post by HSK Accountancy Services » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:44 pm

need_info wrote:He is only an associate and not a fellow. I have checked on the link and his details are there. Does he need to be a fellow? i have not seen any mention of such a thing in UKBA guidelines
It does not matter if he is ACA/ACCA or FCA/FCCA.

The important thing is the accountant must have practicing licence from his/her respective accounting body. If some one is a fully qualified member of an accounting body that does not mean he/she has automatic right to sign your letter and accounts unless he pays and meets the requirement of practicing licence to do the public practice.

I hope that is helpful.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Is an FCA accountant accepted by Home Office

Post by ITGraduate » Tue May 29, 2012 11:01 am

Hiya,

I am going for ILR and my accountant is FCA.

Is that accepted by the home office?

Thanks,

geriatrix

Re: Is an FCA accountant accepted by Home Office

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 29, 2012 11:24 am

ITGraduate wrote:Hiya,

I am going for ILR and my accountant is FCA.

Is that accepted by the home office?

Thanks,
How about making an effort to read the settlement policy guidance?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Hi, got conflicting posts

Post by ITGraduate » Tue May 29, 2012 11:35 am

Dear Sushdmehta,

I did read it but got conflicting information from the forum.

In the guidance FCA is not there, but on some posts some accountants have said FCA's is part of ICAEW. I was in doubt after checking many posts and I raised this question.

Please see the posts below where the first post says FCA is not allowed and in second link seniors and guru have said FCA is indeed allowed

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... hlight=fca

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... hlight=fca

I am sorry I should have been more clearer

Thanks,

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Tue May 29, 2012 11:43 am

An FCA is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales.

... so yes!
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 29, 2012 11:44 am

There is a difference between "FCA recognized accountant" (whatever the person meant by that) and "a registered accountant who is a FCA".

And, please post ILR queries in the relevant forum.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Post by ITGraduate » Tue May 29, 2012 11:46 am

[quote="AccountantMatthew"]An FCA is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales.

... so yes![/quote]

Thank you sir for confirmation, Much relieved now and I'n sure many more will be too!!!!

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Post by ITGraduate » Tue May 29, 2012 11:47 am

[quote="sushdmehta"]There is a difference between "[url=http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... zed#472607]FCA recognized accountant[/url]" (whatever the person meant by that) and "[url=http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ute#568711]a registered accountant who is a FCA[/url]".

And, please post ILR queries in the relevant forum.[/quote]

Thanks again!!! sorry for the post here, just followed the thread which was incorrect!!

Will be careful next time around !!!

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Tue May 29, 2012 12:06 pm

There is a difference between "FCA recognized accountant" (whatever the person meant by that) and "a registered accountant who is a FCA".
.... Not sure who this FCA is who goes around recognising accountants! Such a body does not exist.

To restate an FCA is an ICAEW designation.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Post by ITGraduate » Tue May 29, 2012 2:34 pm

Thank You Accountant Matthew,

It will seriously help many others in this forum.

Many like me were unsure if FCA is a recognised body by Home office.

I'm glad it is same as ICAEW

Thanks again!!! Much needed relief

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Self-Employment Accountant Letter: Accountant certificat

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue May 29, 2012 8:38 pm

darth_ash wrote:Hello,

I'm on a tier2 and will be applying for Tier1 by next week and to meet the earnings requirement I have picked 5 projects: 4 in India and one in Dubai,U.A.E; but the earnings from all were transferred to my Indian account.
My Chartered-Accountant is FCA certified rather than UK FCCA/ACCA certification.
Will his letter be credible with UKBA?

Cheers.
IT should be OK so long he provides membership no and certificate no. as per ho guideline he is fine for your work

to avoid all this u can get yr accounts done from British accountant

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue May 29, 2012 8:40 pm

AccountantMatthew wrote:
.... Not sure who this FCA is who goes around recognising accountants! Such a body does not exist.

To restate an FCA is an ICAEW designation.
for this part of world U r right

but in India same designation r usded ACA and FCA by qualified accountants from ICAI http://www.icai.org/