ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee signatures

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thunderera

Referee signatures

Post by thunderera » Wed May 30, 2012 11:44 am

Hi,
Im applying through the NCS in weeks time and just noticed that one referee has put the date as 29-05-12. I read in the guide that date format should be dd-mm-yyyy. Do you think i should get it corrected? Someone told that these are going to be scanned so need correct format.

thanks

AlexS

Post by AlexS » Wed May 30, 2012 12:40 pm

I don't undesrtand, what's wrong with that date?
-----
Alex

ILR.2012
Newly Registered

Post by ILR.2012 » Wed May 30, 2012 1:54 pm

Hi

I dont think it should be any problem. There is nothing wrong with the date i assumed.

xx

thunderera

Post by thunderera » Wed May 30, 2012 1:57 pm

in the guidance notes it says " All date formats should be dd-mm-yyyy" format. What the referee did is dd-mm-yy format. So just want to make sure this wont cause any issues.

kindred_1st

Re: Referee signatures

Post by kindred_1st » Wed May 30, 2012 2:04 pm

thunderera wrote:Hi,
Im applying through the NCS in weeks time and just noticed that one referee has put the date as 29-05-12. I read in the guide that date format should be dd-mm-yyyy. Do you think i should get it corrected? Someone told that these are going to be scanned so need correct format.

thanks
No problem with the date format that your referee has signed. Mines did the same and I did wonder if it would be an issue. Don't worry pal, as long as your dates format are as requested, it'll be ok.

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Wed May 30, 2012 2:54 pm

Evidently what they are saying is that they haven't followed the date format requested. The form asks for the year to be in format YYYY and so should have been 2012 but the signatory has put it into format YY by saying it is "12"

I don't think you will have a problem, cannot remember on the AN form but for the passport application form the referee went outside all of the boxes (including the signature box which says you must not go outside of) plus put dates in the DMYY format rather than requested DDMMYYYY and had no problems at all.

I am sure they do scan them, they may or may not use OCR against it but having worked in processing teams with OCR and scanning it isnt uncommon to need to go back to the paper because of bad handwriting, poor ink, creases, smudges etc making something difficult.

thunderera

Post by thunderera » Wed May 30, 2012 3:11 pm

Another thing. I used our hr director as professional referee. He put the company address and company phone number. Is that ok?

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Wed May 30, 2012 3:16 pm

As long as they have valid contact details they can always contact him to get any further details they decide they want.