ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Tue May 22, 2012 3:59 pm

There haven't been many approvals recently after a sudden influx last week. :x

ana ali

my brother recieved his documents after one year

Post by ana ali » Tue May 22, 2012 4:33 pm

hello, i need some information my brother received his documents and passport after one year ..........please do let me know how much time will it take to get approval letter and invitation letter of council.he has received it yet.........how far his bc?

Masryman
- thin ice -

Post by Masryman » Tue May 22, 2012 7:48 pm

manoj123 wrote:There haven't been many approvals recently after a sudden influx last week. :x

I agree as it seems march club are being delayed only tier1 and postal app only being approved hopfully soon we will be happy

iereboy
Mood:
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by iereboy » Tue May 22, 2012 10:06 pm

Anna,

After checking the crystal ball we all have at home, it will be in 1 day to 1 year.

How long is a piece of string?

You ask the same question loads of time, how will any of us know? You have seen the time timeline thread as well and know it varies.

Have you guys even rung them to find out the status?

kurgy
Newly Registered

Post by kurgy » Wed May 23, 2012 7:57 am

Hi I am very new to this board so apologies if I am repeating things. My husband applied in Jan for BC we got out acknowledgement letter 10th March. he applied through 5years work visa and 1 year IL (I presume this is tier 2).
We didn't realise you could use a checking service until after we sent everything off. Hence having no passports for him ATM.

I notice some of the March people are getting their responses of approval through. is tier 2 usually longer than other tiers?

What seems to be the usual time ATM? From what I can see it ranges but usually 3 months ish.......

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Wed May 23, 2012 8:50 am

kurgy wrote:Hi I am very new to this board so apologies if I am repeating things. My husband applied in Jan for BC we got out acknowledgement letter 10th March. he applied through 5years work visa and 1 year IL (I presume this is tier 2).
We didn't realise you could use a checking service until after we sent everything off. Hence having no passports for him ATM.

I notice some of the March people are getting their responses of approval through. is tier 2 usually longer than other tiers?

What seems to be the usual time ATM? From what I can see it ranges but usually 3 months ish.......
Unfortunately there is no pattern based on the visa criteria or nationality or mode of application. Timeline varies anywhere between 2 months to 6 months (and more than an year in some cases). From what I have learnt, one should not make expectations based on the fellow applicant timeline even if they applied on the same day and based on same category.

bebe2011

got it after 3 months

Post by bebe2011 » Thu May 24, 2012 5:36 pm

got my approval after just over 3 months.....this waiting game is hard.....very hard....but it is almost over.....like someone said, there is no joy when you finally receive it.....because whilst you wait to hear from them, your life is suspended....

though you try to live a normal life, everyday you are reminded that your future lies in the Home Office hands....yes being a British is extremely important to me...given the many doors it opens up for you...

i posted my details on the timeline...

and keep up the hope, i would say to all those waiting. yours its on its way!

kasif
Newly Registered

Post by kasif » Fri May 25, 2012 8:04 am

Congrats Mow12345,

Can you please tell me the date on the Approval letter?

I applied on 20th Feb and still waiting for the approval:(

Has anyone else from Feb batch received the approval?

Thanks,
kasif

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Fri May 25, 2012 10:00 am

Hi Blackhole,

Any good news yet ?

kasif
Newly Registered

Post by kasif » Sat May 26, 2012 10:09 am

Can anybody please tell me if the approval letter reference starts with B*****

Today I have received the letter from Home Office stating that my application is successful and I have to wait for the invitation letter.

Who will send the invitation letter? Is it Council or Home Office it self.

Can somebody please comment.

Thanks

bebe2011

kasif congrats

Post by bebe2011 » Sat May 26, 2012 1:28 pm

The council will send it to you. but you have to call them and tell them you received approval. they will book you in for the next ceremony and will then send you the invitation letter.

kasif
Newly Registered

Post by kasif » Sat May 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Thank you bebe2011

I will contact the Council on Monday and find out about the invitation.

Mow12345
Newly Registered

Post by Mow12345 » Sat May 26, 2012 7:44 pm

I receive letter on 24/05/2012.
It says that my application was successful and they sent my documents back as well.
They said that an invitation letter is pending and I have to wait.
The date of letter was 22/05/2012.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sun May 27, 2012 8:31 pm

kasif wrote:Can anybody please tell me if the approval letter reference starts with B*****

Today I have received the letter from Home Office stating that my application is successful and I have to wait for the invitation letter.

Who will send the invitation letter? Is it Council or Home Office it self.

Can somebody please comment.

Thanks
Hi mate
you will receive a seprate invitation letter from the UKBA with your council detail and contact number and also detail of ur nat certificate aswel. Invitation letter ref will be start with ur first letter of ur surname and follwing with the 7 digit for exmape B1234567. the letter will alson contain the Poll/Cover number aswel.

Plz dont mixed up urself with confusion ok and goodluck you are nearly there
cheers
NAZIA XX

kasif
Newly Registered

Post by kasif » Mon May 28, 2012 8:53 am

Thanks Nazia88

That means I have to wait more for the invitation letter :(

Do I receive any letter from the Council as well or Just from Home Office?

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon May 28, 2012 11:53 am

kasif wrote:Thanks Nazia88

Do I receive any letter from the Council as well or Just from Home Office?
Hi
yes u have to wait it will take few more days and calm down u are nearly there.
sometime council sent the letter aswel with all other detail ok and you need that at the time of ur ceremony.
NAZIA XX

Eastender14
- thin ice -

Post by Eastender14 » Tue May 29, 2012 9:57 am

kasif wrote:Congrats Mow12345,

Can you please tell me the date on the Approval letter?

I applied on 20th Feb and still waiting for the approval:(

Has anyone else from Feb batch received the approval?

Thanks,
kasif
hi K

I applied on 2 Feb, got acknowledgement letter around 15 Feb and got approval on 29 April (letter dated 25 April). It says on the letter I need to call the council within 21 days for the ceremony.

Yours is probably very close and just a bit of patience is needed. good luck

Masryman
- thin ice -

Post by Masryman » Tue May 29, 2012 9:58 pm

Guys i applied on 8/3/2012 as self employed now i am startibg employment should i contact Ho to notify them or its irrelevant

Zerocool143
Newly Registered

Post by Zerocool143 » Wed May 30, 2012 4:51 am

[quote="kasif"]Thanks Nazia88

Do I receive any letter from the Council as well or Just from Home Office?[/quote]

Hi most probably council or may be u need to book wid council
When did u apply do u mind to tell us.

As i got my docs back they just asked me to check my details only but didnt say if it is successful. But got docs back in one month time waitig lolz

sheryar.uk
Newly Registered

Azaan Khan!!

Post by sheryar.uk » Thu May 31, 2012 8:25 am

Hi Azaan Khan!
Hope you doing well...i did not see any of your post lately, you were supposed to be getting an interview for passport on 26/05/12...did you get your red book yet in your hand? :-)

I have been told by IPS that an interview letter has been sent in the post on 29/05/12 and it will take 7 days to reach my home!!! because its a 2nd class post :-(

look forward to your update!

kasif
Newly Registered

Post by kasif » Thu May 31, 2012 10:11 am

Can anybody tell me how long we have to wait before receiving the invitation letter because it's been 1 week now since I receive the approval letter but there is no sign of the invitation.

Do I need to contact Home Office?

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Thu May 31, 2012 10:44 am

kasif wrote:Can anybody tell me how long we have to wait before receiving the invitation letter because it's been 1 week now since I receive the approval letter but there is no sign of the invitation.

I would suggest you to contact your local authority to find out if they have received the copy of your approval letter. Their contact details will be on your approval letter. Some councils don't always send you invitation letter and you have to contact them to book for your citizenship ceremony.

AlexS

Post by AlexS » Thu May 31, 2012 1:19 pm

kasif wrote:Can anybody tell me how long we have to wait before receiving the invitation letter because it's been 1 week now since I receive the approval letter but there is no sign of the invitation.

My invitation letter took more than 1, but less than 2 weeks. You can call the council in the meantime, but I think it depends on which council if they'll book you for the ceremony or not if you haven't received the invitation letter yet. In my case, Southwark council would not book me until I had my letter.
-----
Alex

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Thu May 31, 2012 1:44 pm

oscar22 wrote:Hi Blackhole,

Any good news yet ?
Hay OSCAR22

Nice to hear from some November club :-)

as you may expect I am the last man standing in here

it is going to be 7 months next week and yet NOTHING
I wrote to them, to my MP nad called them many times and the answer still under security checks.

I have no idea what is going on in here, my case shouls have been straight forward one as no criminal record no more than 90 days absence .... etc

trying to have my life back although itis too hard but i guess that i have to forget completly about this and move on

sorry but only bad news in here

thanks for asking my friend, have a good day

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:24 pm

Blackhole wrote:
oscar22 wrote:Hi Blackhole,

Any good news yet ?
Hay OSCAR22

Nice to hear from some November club :-)

as you may expect I am the last man standing in here

it is going to be 7 months next week and yet NOTHING
I wrote to them, to my MP nad called them many times and the answer still under security checks.

I have no idea what is going on in here, my case shouls have been straight forward one as no criminal record no more than 90 days absence .... etc

trying to have my life back although itis too hard but i guess that i have to forget completly about this and move on

sorry but only bad news in here

thanks for asking my friend, have a good day
Thanks for the update my friend. I just hope your application is processed sooner than later. Can you check your previous address to see nothing was sent there as HO sometimes do this?