ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 EXTENSION - GUIDANCE PLS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

glasgowguy
Newly Registered

TIER 1 EXTENSION - GUIDANCE PLS

Post by glasgowguy » Thu May 17, 2012 3:34 pm

Hi,

I have been reading this forum for quite sometime and know the members are really informed & helpful.

Now that I am preparing for Tier 1 General extension in Dec 2012, I need guidance. (Pls dont mind if this post is a bit lengthy and has some simple or even stupid question)

Situation I am in now.

Date of Birth: 22/11/81
First time visa file was on 18/11/09 i.e. age when filed visa 27 yrs
Got visa from 01/10 to 01/13

Now planning to file visa in Dec/12 for extension. Have dependent wife and also a baby born in UK on 03/12.

Now questions for extension -
1) Age considered would be 27? (1st time applied)
2) Earning - I need £20000 earning. As I have Master and age already given. So can some one double check on this earning please?

3) I am working on hourly basis and get around £15000 per annum. As suggested by someone i have registered as self employed in April/12 and started taking tutions. As i have IT background and have online selling experience giving tutions on the same. I have three students and they pay me £120 per week each ie. £360 per week from tutions. I am planning to continue for 20 weeks so that I have £7200 from self employment.
They are transferring money directly into my personal bank account.
I also managed to get a part time which is going to start in July, hopefully that wil pay me good. What are documents i should show for self-employed. I have an accountant who is going to do invoices.

So looking at £15000 (employed) + £7200 (self employed) or + part-time employment. i would be able to cross £20k.

So what are things i should keep in mind. Is there any thing I should be concerned or worried about.

As i have time on hand, i want to double confirm things so that the extension goes smoothly.

Thank you in advance.

glasgowguy
Newly Registered

Post by glasgowguy » Thu May 17, 2012 3:46 pm

Forgot to add in above post that the £15000 employed salary - i get in cash along with with payslip on weekly basis. I go and deposit exact amount (even pence) in my bank account with reference as salary for week no# which appear on bank statement. So hopefully this is fine.

glasgowguy
Newly Registered

Over 188 views & no reply..- pls help

Post by glasgowguy » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:32 am

Hello friends,

Its been quite sometime the post has been there and had over 188 views but no response.

Would appreciate if any1 could take sometime and guide me..
thanks.

longshift

Post by longshift » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:43 am

Hiya mate,

You are right about age and salary.

Not sure about the self employed doc but search for threads with self employment in Tier 1 General and you will find lot of posts from people who have submitted this docs and would have lot of details for your reference.

Finally, one last thing about your salary. Since you are getting paid in cash. It would be best, if you get a letter from your employer stating the same. Check the sticky on reference letters.

Good Luck.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:54 am

Perhaps there have been no responses for a long time because the queries reflect that you have not undertaken the basic self-help that is expected.

To begin with,
1. Read Confused - date of application or date of issue of leave?.
2. Read the policy guidance.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

glasgowguy
Newly Registered

Post by glasgowguy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:22 am

Hiya,

Longshift - Thank you. I have already taken that on my appointment letter. This states my designation, start date & that i would be paid in cash. Is that fine.

Sushdmehta - I understand where u coming from. To be honest i have done quite a lot information gathering on this. But wanted double confirmation from senior members here so that I am sure that what I read and understood is write as I am a techie guy & dont understand legal aspects clearly. Hope you understand my situtation

I am going through relevant posts on the forum regarding self earning again.

Thank you all.

rajaninanu

Post by rajaninanu » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:01 am

I was partly self employed when I applied for my extension in May.
As self employed you need to have the following documents:
1. Welcome letter from HMRC showing your UTR number
2. Invoices to your clients, amount in the invoice and amount paid to your bank should match.
3. Accountant statement, showing your gross salary, net salary, date of payment etc.
4. Invoice summary
5. Client details, their contact number, address, email id etc.
6. Bank statements showing NI deductions if you have set direct debit for it.

The most important thing is that the amount you are claiming should match exactly with the amounts in the bank statement.

Hope this helps