ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax return urgent.plz advice seniors

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bash
BANNED

Tax return urgent.plz advice seniors

Post by bash » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:36 pm

I would be applying for Tier 1 general extension in July’2012 with earnings shown from my permanent job and limited company. I started the limited company in Nov’2011 and couple of weeks ago I received a notice letter from HMRC stating me to file the Tax before Oct’2012 or Jan’2013(online). My accountant has advised me that I should be filing my tax return in Oct’2012 or later via online.
My query is should I submit my application for extension without the tax return or with tax return? if yes how do I prepare my tax return. Please advice.
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by bash on Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

bash
BANNED

Post by bash » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:07 am

Somebody please advice.

John

Post by John » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:57 am

bash, be advised that members of this board are allowed to go to sleep! Your second post, just 8.5 hours after the first, the hours of night, is not appreciated.

The Notice to File letter your have received relates to you, and not your company. If all the facts are known there is nothing to stop your Self Assessment tax return being filed now.
My accountant has advised me that I should be filing my tax return in Oct’2012 or later via online.
I find that confusing. The return can be filed online now. It is not necessary to wait until October to file online.
Last edited by John on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
John

bash
BANNED

Post by bash » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:20 am

thanx a ton,sorry for disturbance.