ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR with 231 days total absences

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

theKG
Newly Registered

ILR with 231 days total absences

Post by theKG » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:02 am

I have an ILR appointment in Croydon in 3 hours.
Just a little concerned because because I'm over the 180 day threshold. If the UKBA are kind enough the disregard my business trips I should be OK.
Will put another post after my appointment.

rahulsharma
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by rahulsharma » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:09 pm

ALL the Very Best . I am sure you will be fine .

theKG
Newly Registered

Feedback

Post by theKG » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:42 pm

Got back from my appointment and it WAS APPROVED!! I'll try to include some of the questions I had that I didn't find in the other posts.
Appointment was at 3.10pm. Don't worry about having a late appointment I asked the case workers and they only leave once all the cases have been resolved (i.e. successful or not!)
Went through security which took less than 5 mins. I had to show a lady on the ground floor my appointment email. Then I had to wait for another 5 mins
for my before I was called forward and my application was checked. This very silly blonde woman checked my form and asked "did you spend more than 90 continuous days outside the UK" I said no. She checks the application form and says you told me "No" but on the form you ticked yes. I told her the form actually says "Have you spent 90 continuous days outside the UK or 6 months over the 5 year period. I never spent 90 days outside the UK in one period but in total i was over 180 days over the 5 year period, But i have a letter from my employer mentioning I travel because of work" She mumbled something about me breaking the rules and then stamped my application form. I was told to go the 1st floor
No queue for payment, that was the fastest I've spent £1377!! and then had to over to the other side of the 1st floor. AFter about 10 mins, I was called and another lady just captured my details and then asked me to go to the 2nd floor.
Waited for about 15 mins on the 2nd floor and had my biometrics done. The people doing this are very friendly. And it only takes about 5 mins. you have to sign a declaration about using another name in a previous application and have you ever had your biometric data taken for another UK application. Then it was back to the waiting room and after about 30-35 mins I was called to the case worker. It was pretty straight foward
- Can I have your application please
- Passport Pics
- Pay slips
- Bank statments for the 12 month period (only the pages showing the salary payment)
- letter from my employer
- Life in the UK test
AND
must to my surprise and I only took along because of reading this forum
- the last 5 P60's
- my original work permit (from June 2007!)
- they asked if my work permit and current employer are the same same. I said yes
- they wanted the photocopies of all the documentation
- I also had a spreashsheet with my by travels. (231 days in total!)
Ordered by date, Reason for travelling, number of days outside the UK and used a highlighter for my business trips.
- The case worker did question me about this. He then read the letter from my employer saying I am required to travel for work (that's really all my employer letter mentioned , no other details other than what I provided in the application)
About 20 mins later, I got called forward and was handed a letter saying my application was successful.
So all in all it took 3 hours.

Happy to answer questions about the procedure, but please don't ask me questions about the home office decision making as I obviously am not privy to that information

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Feedback

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:23 pm

theKG wrote: they asked if my work permit and current employer are the same same. I said yes
Congrats & thanks for sharing your success story. Just a quick question, which category did you apply under? Was it as a Work Permit Holder or Tier 1 General Migrant?

theKG
Newly Registered

To cs95tdg

Post by theKG » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:32 pm

I applied under Tier 1(General).
I was on a work permit from June 2007 - July 2010. I switched to Tier 1 (General) in July 2010.
I assume that's why they asked for the original work permit and if I still work for the same company

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Post by ITGraduate » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:22 pm

congrats!! I also have 260 days outside uk because of business reasons.

I dont have 90 day stretch. I hope it will be fine for me?

Thanks,

theKG
Newly Registered

Post by theKG » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:31 am

It should be OK as long as you have a letter from your employer mentioning that your job requires you to travel

timesofindia

Post by timesofindia » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:09 am

Did you provide photocopies of only the supporting documnets or also the application form?
There is only one permanent thing in life and that is change !!!

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:51 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and I must say that you're an extremely lucky person after reading your PEO experience it looks like that to me that your experience was really smooth at the Croydon PEO which is an excellent news for you I believe. Thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience on the forum.

Good luck for the future.

theKG
Newly Registered

Post by theKG » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:19 am

Just the supporting documentation including every stamped page on your passport and the personal details page

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:42 am

theKG wrote:Just the supporting documentation including every stamped page on your passport and the personal details page
just wondering that why they are asking > 90 days absence.

i have 90 days absence.... so will they say they will not take case and tell me to send by post ??????/

is this is the case ???? guys please reply with your thoughts

i don't mind if they hold my case ..... should i prepare for the argue ???

please advice.....

timesofindia

Post by timesofindia » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:47 am

I think, just be prepared to submit proof/letter from employer regarding 90 day absence.
There is only one permanent thing in life and that is change !!!

singhmohit

Post by singhmohit » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:16 pm

congrats theKG
did you prepared a cover letter or elborated (in text) on a spearte piece of paper abotu your exceeding 180days?

theKG
Newly Registered

Post by theKG » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:01 pm

Didn't elaborate at all. Had a spreadsheet with all trips and total days outside the UK and a letter from my employer. Nothing else.

singhmohit

Post by singhmohit » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:03 pm

Thanks mate :)