ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gemz_nz
Newly Registered

Post by gemz_nz » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:53 am

So I came through Heathrow yesterday and decided to ask the border control people questions as I am not hearing back from anyone else.

My parnter is Irish, I am a New Zealander. Tier 5 2 year working holiday visa runs out at the end of this month. Sent in EEA2 application in Jan, received COA in FEB along with partners EEA1 residence documents.

Apparently once my visa runs out, i will only be able to enter the UK on a holiday visa and will no longer be able to work until I receive my residence.

Today I am going to phone, email (which I have done 4 times) and write them a letter with my case ID so it will hopefully get to the person working on mine. I cannot afford to leave my job at the end of this month. Arrghh!!!

06/01/12 - EEA1&EEA2 Applications sent (Unmarried partners)
09/01/12- HO received applications
16/02/12- COA received dated 30/01/12
16/02/12 - EEA1 received
06/06/12 - Still waiting on RC for EEA2.

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:03 am

Im still waiting im afraid and i have a few weeks before my holiday, ive started emailing them every working day but silence seems to be their default answer

Its so frustrating - their lack of empathy is so disappointing
EEA 4 applied - 15th November 2015
COA received - 18 Jan
Application Refused: 15th of April
Appeal: 16th of April
Reconsideration Letter sent: 16th April
Reapplied EEA 4: 24th October 2016
Payment Taken: 28th October 2016
RC: 23 May 2017

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:40 am

I say call them endlessly, I was lucky enough for the lady to take my details and check, then she came back and said my application was received on the 20th of December.

Which means she must have spoken to someone who then went on to check. Either way they are now aware that the time is almost up which is what my aim was in the first place

Ill keep you guys updated
COA received - 18 Jan

zahirsona

Post by zahirsona » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:52 am

Hi guys I just call to HO and speak to lady but she say I can not say anything about your application progress u must wait 6 month she speak very quickly and say ok bye
Zkhan

Jossan
Newly Registered

Post by Jossan » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:02 pm

Jambo wrote:
Jossan wrote:What do you think we shall do?

We posted our application (EEA2 +EEA1) on 1/3/2012, got the COA end of March and got the EEA1 RC in end of April (don't have exact dates as our solicitor has it)

We NEED to travel to my home country on the 23rd of June, but without my husband's EEA2 RC he can't come with me, even if we request his passport back.

We have asked them to speed the application up and explained our situation (on the 21st of May). Also, we have asked them to at least return my passport so that I can travel. However, we have not received anything back yet, not even my passport.

Any suggestions on what to do? We really need to travel. If worst case scenario my husband wouldn't be able to get his EEA2 RC in time then do you think my passport will arrive or shall I request it again?
Call them again and ask for your passport. Once the EEA1 was issued, they don't really need to keep the EEA national passport.
I just called home office. They sid that there were absolutely no way of checking my husband's application progress because it hasn't been 6 months yet. The CAse ID I got from the solicitor was only for my application, he found my husband's application in the computer system but it had no Case ID yet.. Is this bad news??

I atleast requested my passport back, he promised it won't affect my husband's application and that it will be sent out within 5 days.

What do you think? Do we have any chance of getting it all done by the 23rd??

CoolGirl1984
Poland

Post by CoolGirl1984 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:39 pm

Jossan wrote:
Jambo wrote:
Jossan wrote:What do you think we shall do?

We posted our application (EEA2 +EEA1) on 1/3/2012, got the COA end of March and got the EEA1 RC in end of April (don't have exact dates as our solicitor has it)

We NEED to travel to my home country on the 23rd of June, but without my husband's EEA2 RC he can't come with me, even if we request his passport back.

We have asked them to speed the application up and explained our situation (on the 21st of May). Also, we have asked them to at least return my passport so that I can travel. However, we have not received anything back yet, not even my passport.

Any suggestions on what to do? We really need to travel. If worst case scenario my husband wouldn't be able to get his EEA2 RC in time then do you think my passport will arrive or shall I request it again?
Call them again and ask for your passport. Once the EEA1 was issued, they don't really need to keep the EEA national passport.
I just called home office. They sid that there were absolutely no way of checking my husband's application progress because it hasn't been 6 months yet. The CAse ID I got from the solicitor was only for my application, he found my husband's application in the computer system but it had no Case ID yet.. Is this bad news??

I atleast requested my passport back, he promised it won't affect my husband's application and that it will be sent out within 5 days.

What do you think? Do we have any chance of getting it all done by the 23rd??
On the COA should be the Case ID and it should be signed by a case worker who's allocated to review your application.

What I've noticed is that they are trying lately to do everything impossible to get any information.

jayven

Post by jayven » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:42 pm

my timeline:
sent eea2= 02/02/12
HO received= 03/02/12
COA= 02/05/12 ( 3months )
RC = no news

i just sent them an email on 29/05/12 Request my passport back!

passport received = 06/06/12 without RC

goodies

Post by goodies » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:54 am

Any updates :)
EEA2 sent 21/12/2011
COA received 19/01/2012
RC ???????????

With God all things are possible.

flashware

Post by flashware » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:56 am

goodies wrote:Any updates :)
Nothing here, but in all honesty I'm not expecting mine for another 3 months or so anyway.
EEA2 Submitted: 26/04/12
Received by HO: 27/04/12
Passport requested: 8/5/12
Passport received: 17/5/12
COA received: 17/5/12
RC sent: 21/09/12

jayven

Post by jayven » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:41 pm

My timeline
EEA2 sent = 02/feb/12
HO received = 03/feb/12
COA= 02/05/12 ( 3months )
Passport request = 29/may/12
passport received = 06/jun/12
RC = ??? :)

hope RC come soon! :D

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:57 pm

seeing as were coming to the mid of june I really think all december applicants will get theirs either this week or next week. at the latest by the week after but going through the forums I am yet to see anyone hit the actual 6 month mark

out of interest, how many Dec applicants are they?
COA received - 18 Jan

gemz_nz
Newly Registered

Post by gemz_nz » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:44 pm

My partner has just phoned to say that there is a 'Missed Delivery Notice' at home & on the notice it says it's a 'Special Delivery Dry Letter'. I am also waiting on some fesitval tickets....so am crossing my fingers it;s my RC!!!!!!

songoku
Newly Registered

Post by songoku » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:23 pm

Timeline

EEA2 Application sent on 13th Feb 2012
received on 12th Feb 2012

No COA received although they have said it was issued on the 12th March 2012. I have requested it again several times by phone and fax. Last time, I was told that once they have issued it they wouldn't do it again unless I put a request in writing (which I assume it's have done by fax).

Also, we requested my wife's passport (the sponsor) which took several weeks to get it back. When received, we got a letter saying that we do not need to send it back to support the application. We did not apply for an EAA1 RC for my wife.

I am not in an really hurry (other than I've been asked at my job about my application) but I think it's outrageous that I haven't received my COA at least.

Any thoughts?

goodies

Post by goodies » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:03 pm

Samelamin wrote:seeing as were coming to the mid of june I really think all december applicants will get theirs either this week or next week. at the latest by the week after but going through the forums I am yet to see anyone hit the actual 6 month mark

Plus 1
EEA2 sent 21/12/2011
COA received 19/01/2012
RC ???????????

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:28 pm

goodies wrote:
Samelamin wrote:seeing as were coming to the mid of june I really think all december applicants will get theirs either this week or next week. at the latest by the week after but going through the forums I am yet to see anyone hit the actual 6 month mark

Plus 1
just you and me then

was your application straight forward? whereabout are you guys from because I am starting to think this really does affect the timeline

I realise that I needed a document from the police when I applied for my tier 1 and I didnt supply that when I applied for eea as it wasnt requested. That could be the only reason it has taken so long because honestly I cant think of anything else
COA received - 18 Jan

alex_london
Newly Registered

Post by alex_london » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:41 pm

i am waiting since 12 0f december 2011.coa and eea1 on 06 of december.just waiting which is killing mei tried to call them all they say is giveus a callbeck on 12 of june if u havent received anything

alex_london
Newly Registered

Post by alex_london » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:44 pm

coa and eea1 received on 6 of january.sorry about the wrong date above

goodies

Post by goodies » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:11 am

I know the waiting pain is killing every one especially december applicants, we dont know whtats really wrong with our application. Lets hope good for the coming weeks that we all receives our RC peacefully. Anybody who has got their RC recently or got any news recently from HO should try as much as possible to share with us, at least it kills some of the pains off. Amother week is about to end :( :(
EEA2 sent 21/12/2011
COA received 19/01/2012
RC ???????????

Anatole
Newly Registered

Post by Anatole » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:17 am

Samelamin wrote:
goodies wrote:

Plus 1
just you and me then

was your application straight forward? whereabout are you guys from because I am starting to think this really does affect the timeline

I realise that I needed a document from the police when I applied for my tier 1 and I didnt supply that when I applied for eea as it wasnt requested. That could be the only reason it has taken so long because honestly I cant think of anything else
And me. Still waiting.

goodies

Post by goodies » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:27 am

There a whole lot of december applicants here
EEA2 sent 21/12/2011
COA received 19/01/2012
RC ???????????

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:13 am

do any of you need to register with the police. I do and I did not send my certificate because it was not asked

They might be waiting on the police to confirm something which causes the delay

They must be waiting on something from someone otherwise they wouldnt leave it till the last minute like this
COA received - 18 Jan

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:45 am

Samelamin wrote:do any of you need to register with the police. I do and I did not send my certificate because it was not asked

They must be waiting on something from someone otherwise they wouldnt leave it till the last minute like this
don't worry, people tend to overthink when smth takes ages. I know of straightforward EEA4 cases pending since December as well, I assure you it has absolutely nothing to do with your need to register with police, they don't have a choice whether to issue an RC or not! You applied to "obtain a confirmation of your subsisting right" so they are in no position to use discretion etc.

I would put their incompetence to the head of all problems and delays, don't worry, my feeling is you should aim to get your stuff some time mid July, that based on the fact you will have to raise hell and complain like crazy on 19 June and onwards and by the time they react to your complaint, allocate your application to a caseworker (which I am sure they still haven't) and issue an RC and then post it to you it would take around additional 2-4 weeks.

So, look at it this way and if you get it sooner (which I doubt due to their appalling service) then be happy, otherwise set realistic goals!

Patience is a virtue!

P.S. Once you qualify and are applying under the EU law, you NO LONGER need to register with police nor provide your police certificate. I initially thought you were regularly reporting to police as part of conviction etc. However, now that I read you mention a certificate, this only applies to non-EU nationals who are applying and living in the UK under other routes (workers, highly skilled migrants, student etc) But you NO LONGER have to and it is a useless piece of paper now, keep it as a memory but you won't ever need it again as you are under EU law now!
Last edited by mcovet on Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

galatie

Post by galatie » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:27 am

App Sent - 31/05/12
HO Received - 01/06/12
Passport Request - 01/06/12
COA + Passports - 08/06/12

I am pretty impressed with their response so far, especially considering the two bank holidays we had this week, and I had made a previous application under UK law which took 15 months to decide! :roll:

Now, looking forward to travelling, looking for a job, and receving the RC, one day... :)

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:48 pm

mcovet wrote:
Samelamin wrote:do any of you need to register with the police. I do and I did not send my certificate because it was not asked

don't worry, people tend to overthink when smth takes ages. I know of straightforward EEA4 cases pending since December as well, I assure you it has absolutely nothing to do with your need to register with police, they don't have a choice whether to issue an RC or not! You applied to "obtain a confirmation of your subsisting right" so they are in no position to use discretion etc.

I would put their incompetence to the head of all problems and delays, don't worry, my feeling is you should aim to get your stuff some time mid July, that based on the fact you will have to raise hell and complain like crazy on 19 June and onwards and by the time they react to your complaint, allocate your application to a caseworker (which I am sure they still haven't) and issue an RC and then post it to you it would take around additional 2-4 weeks.

So, look at it this way and if you get it sooner (which I doubt due to their appalling service) then be happy, otherwise set realistic goals!

Patience is a virtue!

P.S. Once you qualify and are applying under the EU law, you NO LONGER need to register with police nor provide your police certificate. I initially thought you were regularly reporting to police as part of conviction etc. However, now that I read you mention a certificate, this only applies to non-EU nationals who are applying and living in the UK under other routes (workers, highly skilled migrants, student etc) But you NO LONGER have to and it is a useless piece of paper now, keep it as a memory but you won't ever need it again as you are under EU law now!

Thanks for your help and support mate. I have been complaining like crazy but everytime I get the same answer that my application has not passed the deadline. I told them I am travelling at the end of this month and threatend to sue if I miss my flight

They have a week from the end of my application 6 month till my actual flight so lets see what happens

2 weeks to go
COA received - 18 Jan

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:56 pm

you are right, threaten them with legal action in writing! and if they fail to respond within 21 days, issue a claim in a county court on form N1 I think. It is straightforward, but when they see you mean business they will process your application.