ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

speeding up self employed class 2 payment

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

discplayer
Newly Registered

speeding up self employed class 2 payment

Post by discplayer » Wed May 23, 2012 1:46 pm

I can not seem to pinpoint a answer to this question.

Registered self employed in March, received income April, my visa expires July. I need to make a class 2 payment NOW but the HMRC will not give me my self employ reference number to submit payment. HMRC says they will not bill me for NI class 2 untill October and thats when I get my number (18 digits starting with 11...)

I have a UTR number, but this other reference number is needed for class 2 payment.

How can UKba expect to see proof of class 2 payment, When HMRC is saying it is impossible for me to make a payment until October.

What is the trick around this???

Thank you

basis2011
Newly Registered

Post by basis2011 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:35 pm

Hello,

Please how long did it take you to get your UTR number. I have applied for three weeks now...and I am still expecting my UTR number.

John

Post by John » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:12 pm

How can UKba expect to see proof of class 2 payment, When HMRC is saying it is impossible for me to make a payment until October.
UKBA expect all due Class 2 payments to have been paid. However as no payment is due from you until October, you have nothing to worry about, as regards Class 2 NIC.
John

rajaninanu

Post by rajaninanu » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:53 am

Disc Player, You can keep the welcome letter sent to you by HMRC and mention in your covering letter that your class 2 payment is not due till october.

Basis, you can call HMRC and ask for update. Their helpline number is
0845 900 0444.
It is always good to call them and confirm if they have received your details. One of my friends had registered online and when she called after 6 weeks they said they had not received any application from her.
But I did online and it was fine, but there was delay. so I called them and within a week I received my UTR number

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:29 am

You don't need to worry about class 2 nic .. But if you want further you could set up a direct debit which goes towards the same every month .. And they bill you after 6 months .. It will be reflected in your bank statement and your accountant could point out the same to the case worker .. But when you are registered as self employment they should give u a UTR number .. Try calling them again and ask them to send a letter to you stating that you are registered as self employed and mention the UTR number in it ..
Good luck
Fingers crossed.....Trust in God.....

nks

Post by nks » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:16 am

Is receiving UTR number proof of business having been registered? I have this letter from HMRC but no other document to make me sure that my application has been received and company registered from the date I intend it to be.

Thanks,
nks

John

Post by John » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:43 am

Is receiving UTR number proof of business having been registered?
No, not necessarily. For a start every UK taxpayer has a UTR, in the HMRC computer system, but not everyone has been informed of their UTR.

Someone might be made aware of their UTR for a number of reasons, such as because they have Let Property income, not necessarily anything to do with being in business.
Last edited by John on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
John

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: speeding up self employed class 2 payment

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:46 am

discplayer wrote:I can not seem to pinpoint a answer to this question.

Registered self employed in March, received income April, my visa expires July. I need to make a class 2 payment NOW but the HMRC will not give me my self employ reference number to submit payment. HMRC says they will not bill me for NI class 2 untill October and thats when I get my number (18 digits starting with 11...)

I have a UTR number, but this other reference number is needed for class 2 payment.

What is the trick around this???

IF u Have UTR no. U WILL BE OK for yr visa application

Thank you