ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Checking for Unspent Convictions yourself....

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Cheekoo
Newly Registered

Post by Cheekoo » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:37 pm

Mine was the similar case, speeding ticket thru Court (Sp30, 3 points and £60 fine). I applied for SAR report which they said will take 40 days, but got it in 20 days. Applied for Basic Disclosure (CRB check) which I didn't receive till the time of appoitment for ILR at Solhull PEO. SAR report was all clean, teh fine thru court was considered as FPN it seems and was not recorded as conviction.

Went ahead with ILR application and it was successful. Thanks to the members who provided their valuable suggestions.

dewales001

Post by dewales001 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:37 pm

HI,

I have two driving offences. Both are IN10 in 2008, LC20 in 2010. I was given 6pts/£200 and 3pts/£100 respectively by a Sherriff Court in Scotland.

Last week, I sent an application to ACRO (Access Criminal Record Office) for a Police Certificate. My certificate came in today, and to my surprise, the certificate show NO TRACE- this means that I do not have any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warning held on the PNC( Police National Computer).

I am due for ILR anytime from next month..My question now is, am I good enough to submit the ILR application since there are no spent/unspent convictions recorded on my name or should I go for a CRB check also to reinforce the result of the police certificate?

I strongly believe CRB will give you the details of what they found on the PNC, which will be the result of what I got from the police.

Seniors/Moderators please advise!

vinaya

Post by vinaya » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:06 pm

KP- Can you please let me know how u applied for your CRB check

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Re: Similar situation

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:07 pm

nahmed wrote:Hello guys,

I am in a similar situation and need some advice.

I am on Tier 1 G requiring extension next month. I was on WP before Tier 1 and my ILR is due May 2012.

Basically, I had a SP30 speeding ticket in Aug 2010 in Scotland while driving to NI. Unfortunately on my retun to birmingham after 15-20 days I realised that I have misplaced my counterpart. I rang the court that I have ordered replacement and will forward it to you as soon as and should I send the payment and card license now. She advised that she will put a note on the system and that I should send it all together asap. Later on I sent it to them with payment. However, I ended up receiving court notice and then 3 points and £150 fine.

Now, with the new ILR rules coming soon, I am badly stuck.

1st things 1st, What should I do on my FLR application? Declare the conviction or not?

What do you guys suggest? With what I read, this will show up on CRB.

Never thought something this small could affect the long awaited ILR.
The best thing will be for every ambiguity about these convictions is to write or call NACRO (you can google it). If you send them an email explaining all you have described here with scanned copies of record. They will revert back with the correct answer. Let me tell you Home Office use NACRO as an external agency to confirm if the conviction is spent or otherwise. So better send them email.

My personal experiance with NACRO is good. My wife have 3 points on her licence. I have sent counterpart, fine slip and police station record. They revert back, after reading the documents, that she do not have to worry about anything.

Do share your experiance afterwards....
The question is... to be or not to be....

Struggler

Post by Struggler » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:26 am

Hi KP - what extra legal certificate did you request from Disclosure Scotland. I received my CRB certificate yesterday which is blank so do I need to request something else from them.

I want to have the maximum number of proofs that I have no unspent convictions.

Many thanks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:44 pm

The CRB certificate is evidence enough.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Struggler

Post by Struggler » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:59 am

Many thanks

rushabhjvora

Post by rushabhjvora » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:12 pm

Sorry for drifting away from the topic but is following case an only exception getting ILR rejected though having clean disclosure scotland?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... sc&start=0

Obviously all cases are different and it depends on the case worker but I thought you are OK with an non-recordable offense and a clean disclosure scotland.

omerabdul
Newly Registered

License Revoked

Post by omerabdul » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:53 pm

I am due to submit my ILR (WP) on 4th Jan 2012.

I had to pay a fine for SP30 when I had my provisional license and it carried over to my new license. Then I managed to get another fine just few days before the initial two years for which the DVLA asked me to return my license and apply for new one as I reached 6 points. Both the fines I paid by post and did not go to court.
My question is
As my license was revoked, is this going to be a problem?

Many thanks for your help
Regards, Omer

uday2509

Post by uday2509 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:24 pm

Hello There,

I got a similar situation, I have paid fine in the court when i failed to go out of
city centre ( March 2010).Is it spent conviction or Unspent? I am going for my Tier 1 extension next month, Do i need mention while filling the application?
I got my CRB check which says no convictions.

Thanks,
Uday

Krishna555

Post by Krishna555 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:59 pm

Hi Expers
Could you please advise whether Scotland disclosure show CCJ s for default payments (Credit cards /bank loans/Mobile bills)

hamid164
Newly Registered

traffic convictions and ILR

Post by hamid164 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:41 am

If scotland disclosure showing no convictions and police national computer showing no record of any conviction, but i got 6 point and £400 fine from court. My questions is , do i need to declare that i got conviction from court when applying for ILR OR just tick the box saying no criminal convictions.

nahmed

Clean PNC Record but conviction on Disclosure Scotland

Post by nahmed » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:36 am

Hello Folks,
I need some help guys.
I am in an unusual situation where I have 2 different results from different official bodies.
The ACRO Certificate in response to SAR request for my record on the PNC supplied by the Criminal Records office states no conviction.
I also applied for a basic disclosure from Disclosure scotland which shows the traffic speeding offence as a conviction.
Now, I dont know what to do and am really worried.

Basically, I got a speeding FPN in Scotland in 2010. I was supposed to pay for it within the 28-30 day period but I couldnt because I had misplaced my counterpart. I did ring the Court up within the period that I am sending you the payment and photocard and will forward the counterpart as soon as it arrives. I was advised to hold on to it and send everything together. By the time all the paperwork got to the court the time had lapsed. So, Summons were issued and I wrote a letter in response that I never meant to challenge the FPN and explained to them the reason & that I am okay to get the points and the fine. I had to pay £150 fine instead of £60 and the 3 points on my license. The court decision is dated 03-Feb-2011.

When the new rules came into effect, I got worried and applied to the Police for the SAR disclosure which came back as clean in May 2011. Now that my ILR is due in a few weeks, I applied for a basic disclosure at the disclosure scotland, just to be on the safe side, which actually shows the same offence as a conviction and I am back to my worrying stage.

Would any of you be able to advise me on my situation?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

makkan00

Post by makkan00 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:11 am

Can somebody kindly share, how do you apply for CRB, as your employer is supposed to do it?

Also how do you go for NACRO / ACRO certificate?

Thanks.

Gary_G
Newly Registered

Post by Gary_G » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:23 am

I work in the health service and have to have Enhanced Disclosures done every time I change jobs, I have had 3 done so far in recent years and none of them have ever shown up any of my motoring offences and I have had a tonne of fixed penalties and even been banned for totting up of points and narrowly avoided another ban a few years back due to totting up again but the judge let me off with 13 points as I needed my car for work.

nshamid
Newly Registered

Post by nshamid » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Gary_G wrote:I work in the health service and have to have Enhanced Disclosures done every time I change jobs, I have had 3 done so far in recent years and none of them have ever shown up any of my motoring offences and I have had a tonne of fixed penalties and even been banned for totting up of points and narrowly avoided another ban a few years back due to totting up again but the judge let me off with 13 points as I needed my car for work.
I got my ILR last month July 2012, while I had unspent traffic conviction. 5 points issued by court with £300 fine. Case worker looked at the conviction page, but didn't pay any attention to it even though I have entered all my details.
So don't worry and apply in confidence.

tehmer

Post by tehmer » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:39 am

I had a similar issue as I was travelling in underground and I lost my oyster but unfortunately caught and was fined.

For some reason I didn't received the latter for more than a month and suddenly I received a latter from the court for a hearing otherwise pay fine.

I paid the fine online and than I received the latter that you have paid the fine and no hearing against you.

Now My IRL coming this January do I need to declare this in it or is there a way that I can check from some where that's its on my identity.
I don't want to take risk please help me how I can find that its appearing on my identity or not or is it safe if I will not mention this in my application.

jay020
Newly Registered

Driving without insurance

Post by jay020 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:58 pm

HI

i got a fined £200 + 6points for driving without insurance in 2011.

I checked my CRB records, CRB report stated clear.

for clarification , what do I have to do on SET(O) form? disclose as "NO"?

would appreciate your feedback on this.

ayosotinrin
Newly Registered

Unspent conviction

Post by ayosotinrin » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:44 pm

I also have the same experience. I was caught in september 2008 for driving without insurance and I got 8 points and £450 fine for pleading guilty by post without going to court and I paid it off.
Please can someone advice if I should declare that on my Tier1 general extension application due this week.

I also travelled outside the country for some months and my car was caught with expired tax disc and I was given a fine from the court which I paid, id that also another conviction?

Experts please advise a brother in dire need.

ShimuraCorps
Newly Registered

Post by ShimuraCorps » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:25 am

Question,

I was deported from the U.S. in May, and want to start work. Can i assume
that the CRB does not incl. convictions outside of the territory of the UK...?
I'd assume that the CRB only incl. PNC Database for convictions in the UK.
That said, does it ever include deportation and any information such as that?

Thanks.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:41 am

ShimuraCorps wrote:Question,

I was deported from the U.S. in May, and want to start work. Can i assume
that the CRB does not incl. convictions outside of the territory of the UK...?
I'd assume that the CRB only incl. PNC Database for convictions in the UK.
That said, does it ever include deportation and any information such as that?

Thanks.
Have you been convicted abroad?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ShimuraCorps
Newly Registered

Post by ShimuraCorps » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:47 am

I was convicted in the U.S.

edit:

I was given a fully suspended sentence, two years probation and then a few
months ago they closed the probation due to my location. Otherwise that is
it. The conviction was for a threat/arson (as in threat of arson) in the U.S.A.

It's an M or Misdemeanor, the Felony was Nolle Prosequi and was never an
actual conviction. Only the misdemeanor counts on my record and it is all i
was ever convicted of. Do i need to declare this on my Applications for work
and is it a CRB issue? I am concerned this will affect my future career work.
Last edited by ShimuraCorps on Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:48 am

What are you planning on applying for?

What was the offence, the sentence and when the sentence was given?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ShimuraCorps
Newly Registered

Post by ShimuraCorps » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:51 am

I'd like to work in the legal profession. Obviously it was an immature mistake
to joke like i did, but the point is that the profession of law really interest me
and i would like to be able to work in that profession. I hold *zero* legal act
or convictions here against me in the United Kingdom. This was the first time
i was ever arrested/detained and i was released on the day of sentencing...!

ShimuraCorps
Newly Registered

Post by ShimuraCorps » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:55 am

I was convicted in March of 2013, they closed the probation and the whole
case a couple of months ago. I've been in the UK since. What can you tell
me? I'd like to be able to get this past me and start working without hassle.