ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

John

Post by John » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:17 am

I was caught by Police and I got 3 Points and £60 fine for Using mobile phone while I was driving.
You did not get a £60 fine. You got a £60 penalty. Rather different.
John

nickpatel2012

Re: Traffic Offence (using mobile while Driving) after ILR a

Post by nickpatel2012 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:19 am

If i was you i would send them information and give them an update, make sure you send teh documents by recorded delievry

smzai80 wrote:Can Some one Advise me that I had applied for ILR on 10 Years Long Term Residency in 10 May 2012. Exactly after one month on 10 June I was caught by Police and I got 3 Points and £60 fine for Using mobile phone while I was driving. Will It affect my Application? Do I need to Inform Home Office about it or not? Please urgent advise

sam2106

Post by sam2106 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:46 am

No news yet mate! very slow process, let us know when you get yours

thanks
Loveislovely wrote:5thave
Km25
Sam
Gbemi
Hemalay
Sri_red
Mrki

What's up guys????

Will it be next week or what, please tell me, it will be.

Good luck to everyone, waiting for the precious ILR

Duzir
Newly Registered

Post by Duzir » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:56 am

smzai80 wrote:Can Some one Advise me that I had applied for ILR on 10 Years Long Term Residency in 10 May 2012. Exactly after one month on 10 June I was caught by Police and I got 3 Points and £60 fine for Using mobile phone while I was driving. Will It affect my Application? Do I need to Inform Home Office about it or not? Please urgent advise
Motoring offences dealt with by way of a fixed penalty notice are not criminal convictions and therefore you do not have to disclose them. If you have to go to court then that's a different matter.

km25

Post by km25 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:34 am

Loveislovely wrote: 5thave
Km25
Sam
Gbemi
Hemalay
Sri_red
Mrki

What's up guys????

Will it be next week or what, please tell me, it will be.

Good luck to everyone, waiting for the precious ILR

@Loveislovely - no news yet and i am starting to panic as I have confirmed international flights next month. i didn't expect it to be this long. I was eligible last sept but had to wait as i needed to travel abroad during Dec. I am starting to wonder if its to do with something in the application. Its wierd bcos someone (i think dino99) applied at the same time and got theirs back. I am checking on Royal Mail website every hour or so but nothing is picking up yet.

Any good news from you all will be amazing.

Cheers guyz lets hope we get all ours this week or atleast next.

MRKI
Newly Registered

Did U Guys Applied Through Solicitor?

Post by MRKI » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:41 am

Hi I believe We are 7 or 8 Applicant Nearly finish off 18 Weeks.My Question Did you apply yourself or use solicitor?I heard that people get reply earlier who use solicitor,is it true?My one friend apply almost same time n get his PP Back after 14 Weeks.And few other got back in between 12 to 14Weeks.I am the only one did not use Solicitor?Please Reply Me .Thanks.MRKI

km25

Post by km25 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:43 am

I think there have been some recent changes to the reporting of traffic offences. May be check the guidance notes.

Also, does it say anywhere in the document that you have to update the homeoffice if your situation changes. Normally, when you apply you declare any or all of such issues and it may not be obligatory to report/update whilst the application is in process. Check the guidance document though to make sure that they dont require you to update them of such issues.

Personally, i think that by sending more paperwork/reporting this may delay your application further. It's worth discussing with more experienced members on this forum or even ask a immigration lawyer to ensure that you are doing the correct thing.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

websource
BANNED

Re: Did U Guys Applied Through Solicitor?

Post by websource » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:50 am

MRKI wrote:Hi I believe We are 7 or 8 Applicant Nearly finish off 18 Weeks.My Question Did you apply yourself or use solicitor?I heard that people get reply earlier who use solicitor,is it true?My one friend apply almost same time n get his PP Back after 14 Weeks.And few other got back in between 12 to 14Weeks.I am the only one did not use Solicitor?Please Reply Me .Thanks.MRKI

Hi MRKI,
Its not correct, even i used solicitor and applied on 23 FEB and this is 16th week.
well this is my opinion pls correct me if there is other news related to this topic by senior members.
well its too long to wait and just wait. yes it has been very quite since two weeks. any way expecting soon good news insha allah.

km25

Re: Did U Guys Applied Through Solicitor?

Post by km25 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:53 am

MRKI wrote:Hi I believe We are 7 or 8 Applicant Nearly finish off 18 Weeks.My Question Did you apply yourself or use solicitor?I heard that people get reply earlier who use solicitor,is it true?My one friend apply almost same time n get his PP Back after 14 Weeks.And few other got back in between 12 to 14Weeks.I am the only one did not use Solicitor?Please Reply Me .Thanks.MRKI
Hi MRKI,
I didn't use a solicitor as it was a straight forward case. Atleast i believe so. Not sure what the home office record says. There were several times when i had applied closer to the deadline but always within the deadline (expiry of previous visas). It shouldn't matter how you applied and even if there is a difference in processing time it probably won't be much of a difference. Hope this helps.

hemalay

Waiting Game

Post by hemalay » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:06 pm

18 Weeks completed today. Hope we all will get good news soon.
Two successful and one unsuccessful application returned in last three weeks.(all three from outside the waiting list on this forum). This is not good at all.

@MRKI- Solicitors do not add value to your 10 year long stay application if you have a straight forward case.

I have been following timeline since January. waiting time was approx 9 weeks in January moved to 10 weeks and gradually to 15 weeks. normally 5-6 people reprot their time line weekly but last three week were dead slow. do not panic mate. Keep calm you will have your good news soon.

Praying for all of you stuck in this waiting game.
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

MRKI
Newly Registered

Thanks For Reply

Post by MRKI » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:14 pm

Hi First of All Thanks U guys @Hemalay,Km25 & Websourse.Yes My Journey Is Straight Forward and there is no gap at all & By the grace of Almighty Allah I have confident there is no way they can refuse my application unless law has been change.By the way i do understand solicitor cant add anything but so far all of my friend use solicitor and got their PP back and Me and My one friend send Personaly from my place.We both only waiting.Mine 18 & his 15 Weeks.So This Solicitor thing come up in my mind to share with u guys.I Do Pray for all of u guys.HinshaALLAH we all get good news soon... T.C.MRKI

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:44 pm

@Sam2106, there is an old saying, no news is good news, I am a bit fearful but I am trying to keep positive, I sent my application with some guidance from this forum, but now I am a bit concern, as to whether I made a mistake, by not applying for my SAR report, as I was so confident that it was straight foward, I am having doubts now, I do hope all goes well....

@Km25, sorry to know that you have missed the opportunity of applying last year, but who knows? Things could have been worse, keep strong, and I sincerely believe that you won't miss out on your trip for next month, just prepare and be ready to go, good luck to all waiting on the well deserved ILR.

GOOD LUCK ALL
All for one, one for all..... Peace

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:54 pm

Woops! I almost forget, it may be a rumour, but I heard that the HO is caught up with dealing with people planning to come to the olympics, who knows? This maybe the reason for our delay, I have checked other groups and they are also complaining that the HO has their apps for ages, let's see how it goes, I maybe totally wrong.
All for one, one for all..... Peace

sam2106

Post by sam2106 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:18 pm

There you go just forget about your passport and application until you receive it!! There is no need to worry, they are indeed caught up with so many things with the olympics at an immigration point of view..

They should just refund us half of our money as service has clearly been compromised, not a happy customer of UKBA!
Loveislovely wrote:Woops! I almost forget, it may be a rumour, but I heard that the HO is caught up with dealing with people planning to come to the olympics, who knows? This maybe the reason for our delay, I have checked other groups and they are also complaining that the HO has their apps for ages, let's see how it goes, I maybe totally wrong.

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:57 pm

sam2106 wrote:There you go just forget about your passport and application until you receive it!! There is no need to worry, they are indeed caught up with so many things with the olympics at an immigration point of view..

They should just refund us half of our money as service has clearly been compromised, not a happy customer of UKBA!
Loveislovely wrote:Woops! I almost forget, it may be a rumour, but I heard that the HO is caught up with dealing with people planning to come to the olympics, who knows? This maybe the reason for our delay, I have checked other groups and they are also complaining that the HO has their apps for ages, let's see how it goes, I maybe totally wrong.
To be honest I think this is bollocks. Processing tourist visas for London 2012 is probably dealt with by seperate units. Not the by ones who who process settlement applications.
It is a mistake to confuse UKBA's pure arrogance for "too much work to deal with".
Last edited by NOG on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TKay
Newly Registered

Post by TKay » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi guys,
So after browsing so many sites and checking for people that havent received their Biometric Enrolment Letters like me, I decided to be proactive and called the HO.
To my surprise, after just 13 mins of waiting, a well mannered lady (called Janet) picked up the phone. I explaind to her that I sent my application on 27th of March (Acknowledgement received 30th March) and still havent received a Biometric Enrolment Letter and I told her I was wondering if it was a postal issue. After checking my details and pausing for about half a min, she replies saying I have to keep waiting for the Home office response and that is the only information she can provide.
The pessimist in me is mega worried now because she didnt sound apologetic and was quite firm in her response, but on the other hand, the optimist in me is thinking the letter is on its way, but surely if thats the case, she could have easily said that, right? Any opinion?

hemalay

Post by hemalay » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:05 pm

@Loveislovely : I also did not apply for SAR report.
There is lot of tension In this forum because of HO slow processing.

We have been forced into this waiting game, If I had option I would go to HO for same day service.
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

sam2106

Post by sam2106 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:05 pm

Hmm UKBA is becoming like McDonald's now dear, no overtimers to cover for casework in other departments...cost saving strategy, the caseworker should be multiskilled..it means when there is more work on temporary visa for Olympics, It won't surprise me to understand that these settlement caseworkers is being be directed to pause their current workload and work & handle on priority temporary visa cases for Olympics instead...

NOG wrote:
sam2106 wrote:There you go just forget about your passport and application until you receive it!! There is no need to worry, they are indeed caught up with so many things with the olympics at an immigration point of view..

To be honest I think this is bollocks. Processing tourist visas for London 2012 is probably dealt with by seperate units. Not the by ones who who process settlement applications.
It is a mistake to confuse UKBA's pure arrogance for "too much work to deal with".

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:12 pm

hemalay wrote: We have been forced into this waiting game, If I had option I would go to HO for same day service.
Gandhi style movement is required ouside UKBA offices.

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:19 pm

TKay wrote:Hi guys,
So after browsing so many sites and checking for people that havent received their Biometric Enrolment Letters like me, I decided to be proactive and called the HO.
To my surprise, after just 13 mins of waiting, a well mannered lady (called Janet) picked up the phone. I explaind to her that I sent my application on 27th of March (Acknowledgement received 30th March) and still havent received a Biometric Enrolment Letter and I told her I was wondering if it was a postal issue. After checking my details and pausing for about half a min, she replies saying I have to keep waiting for the Home office response and that is the only information she can provide.
The pessimist in me is mega worried now because she didnt sound apologetic and was quite firm in her response, but on the other hand, the optimist in me is thinking the letter is on its way, but surely if thats the case, she could have easily said that, right? Any opinion?
Mate, its best you don’t think too much about what "the lady on the phone" said. Otherwise you will go crazy, if you haven’t already.
This total lack of transparency and one way communication from UKBA stinks as always. They are in a position to dictate terms. It is scandalous, however, real.
P.S. what number did you call? Perhaps I will ask Janet out to dinner.

TKay
Newly Registered

Post by TKay » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:27 pm

Mate, its best you don’t think too much about what "the lady on the phone" said. Otherwise you will go crazy, if you haven’t already.
This total lack of transparency and one way communication from UKBA stinks as always. They are in a position to dictate terms. It is scandalous, however, real.
P.S. what number did you call? Perhaps I will ask Janet out to dinner.
Lool! too late mate gone crazy and back to normal (ish)! I called the regular 08706067766 number! Just insane that with the amount of money paid we still get treated so badly, any other business service and 99 percent of pple will request a refund! [/quote]

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:38 pm

TKay wrote: Lool! too late mate gone crazy and back to normal (ish)! I called the regular 08706067766 number! Just insane that with the amount of money paid we still get treated so badly, any other business service and 99 percent of pple will request a refund!
Ha! Where did your receive your ackd. letter from? Croydon, Sheffield, Liverpool? Re: our money, imagine it was free to apply for ILR pre 2003. These money grabbing tw*ts have no shame. It will only get worse so in a way I try and console myself. Atleast, pretend to.

GBEMI
- thin ice -

Post by GBEMI » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:23 pm

Hello Everybody, don't let us worry too much! The HO is busy at the moment, when HO is ready they shall send all the pp and we will all get our ILR soon with no refusal.

antonyos
Newly Registered

Post by antonyos » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:20 pm

It's been 15 weeks now. I have had to change travel plans more than once! I never thought it would take me that long when I applied end of Feb! Come On! I guess it's at least 3 of us here (me, sam, and km25) who applied towards end of Feb, and as far as I Know, none has received the ILR yet.!

GBEMI
- thin ice -

Post by GBEMI » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:35 pm

mine is 16 weeks still waiting too.