ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite leave application with a UK born child

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

imthiyaz
Newly Registered

Indefinite leave application with a UK born child

Post by imthiyaz » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:38 pm

Hi,
Firstly apologies if any one have asked the question i am asking now, i did try to search the answer for the question i have and unable to find a firm answer.

My question is:-
I will be applying for ILR in August along with my wife and 2 kids, 1st kid was born in india and the second kid born in UK.

I gathered from the forum that children born abroad should apply for ILR dependent visa and UK born need not apply for ILR dependent, once the parent get the ILR the UK born can apply for MN1.

on that basis i am little confused while booking the appoint for PEO office should i be booking the appoint for 1 main + 3 dependent( wife + 1 indian born kid + 1 Uk born kid) and in the ILR SET(0) select main + 2 dependents.

if i book the appointment for PEO office with main + 2 dependents, during the process the case worker from the history will come to know that i have other child which i didnt include in the form.

if i book the appointment for main + 2 dependents and showup at PEO office with main + 2 depends + uk born child my uk born child,will be allowed inside the PEO?

your help in this is greatly appreciated.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:58 pm

imthiyaz wrote:during the process the case worker from the history will come to know that i have other child which i didnt include in the form.
So? Now that you are aware that the child does not need to be included in the settlement application, if asked a reason it should not be difficult for you tell the same to the caseworker!

You need to book appointments only for those individuals who are "named applicants".
You'll be allowed to take your children inside the PEO.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!