ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent’s Status while long residency application is pendi

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mrgsingh

Dependent’s Status while long residency application is pendi

Post by mrgsingh » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:45 am

I am going to apply for my ILR on the basis of 10 yrs long residency in Aug and I am currently on Tier 1 visa until Nov. I understand that the turnaround time is atleast 12 weeks to 14 weeks and I may not be able to get my passport back before the current leave expires. As my wife and children are on dependant visa, what will be their status while my case is pending with the home office? Is there anybody else who is in the same boat? Please share your views…

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:00 am

Unless they make a valid, in-time leave to remain application before the expiry of their current leave, they will become overstayers after expiry of their current leave.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

s_raj11

Post by s_raj11 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:25 am

sushdmehta wrote:Unless they make a valid, in-time leave to remain application before the expiry of their current leave, they will become overstayers after expiry of their current leave.
On the above note i have a query. I have applied for my ILR on 10 yrs rule last month. My wife and son are dependents and their visa expires in Aug. Now looking at the current situation highly unlikely might get my passport back before that. The question is my son is born in UK. Do you want me apply for him as well with my wife or could i skip his application.

one more thing wanted to enquire is if applied through a solicitor, will i receive the biometric letter to my home address or will it be posted to solicitors address as i have moved into a different address now.

Thanks in advance

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:28 am

s_raj11 wrote:On the above note i have a query. I have applied for my ILR on 10 yrs rule last month. My wife and son are dependents and their visa expires in Aug. Now looking at the current situation highly unlikely might get my passport back before that. The question is my son is born in UK. Do you want me apply for him as well with my wife or could i skip his application.
Click on the link given in my response above.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

s_raj11

Post by s_raj11 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:34 am

sushdmehta wrote:
s_raj11 wrote:On the above note i have a query. I have applied for my ILR on 10 yrs rule last month. My wife and son are dependents and their visa expires in Aug. Now looking at the current situation highly unlikely might get my passport back before that. The question is my son is born in UK. Do you want me apply for him as well with my wife or could i skip his application.
Click on the link given in my response above.
Thanks for the response.