ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR visa application from India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

sureshgarre
Newly Registered

FLR visa application from India

Post by sureshgarre » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:04 pm

Hi,

I am in the UK on Tier-1 visa valid until Sep 2012. I will be eligible for ILR in Sept and hence will be applying for the same during that time.

My wife is currently in India for the last few months and her Tier-1 dependant visa is due to expire at the same time as mine (which is Sept 2012).

I would like to know if she can apply for the FLR (Further leave to remain) visa from India, once I get my ILR approved here(by submitting my ILR approval copies as evidence)?

I appreciate your response to this. Thanks very much...

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:21 pm

No. If she needs to apply for a visa after you are granted ILR, she will be applying for spouse visa. Please refer yourself to the new rules for entry clearance in this category.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -migration

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:37 pm

Leave to remain cannot be applied for from outside the UK.

You need to be in UK to seek permission to "remain" (FLR).
From outside UK, you can only seek permission to "enter" (visa).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sureshgarre
Newly Registered

Post by sureshgarre » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:18 pm

Thanks very much @sushdmehta and @Lucapooka for your replies.

I have a new-born child (born in India) and would like to bring him along with my wife to the UK before my visa expiry in Sept 2012.

Am I right in assuming that if I apply for Tier-1 dependant visa (permission to enter) for my child, his visa expiry date would be the same as mine (Sept 2012) or does he get it for 2 years by default (under the conditions I renew my visa later)

Sorry for asking a question related to a different topic...

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:33 pm

The child will only be granted leave in line with yours. It will expire when yours expires.

sureshgarre
Newly Registered

Post by sureshgarre » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:29 am

Thanks very much for your replies @sushdmehta and @Lucapooka

I am planning to go for ILR PEO in first week of September and as @sushdmehta said, as my wife cannot apply for FLR(M) from outside the UK, she will be coming back to UK during the last week of August to join me for the PEO appointment. I have 2 questions.

1. I will be applying for ILR and my wife applying for FLR(M) on the same day at the PEO. Can we do both applications on the same day at the PEO or does my wife need to apply separately for FLR(M) after my ILR is granted? I am a bit confused about this. Both of our visas are going to expire end of Sept.

2. Also, we are planning to apply dependant visa for my kid who is in India since he was born there (2 months ago) after I get my ILR here. Can we do this or will we have any issues when applying dependant visa for my child

As always, I appreciate you for spending time to answer my questions....

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:02 am

1. You'll need to two separate appointments - one for ILR and one for FLR(M). If intending to make both the applications on the same day, consider booking ILR appointment in first half, and FLR(M) appointment in second half.

2. After you are granted ILR, your child will apply for settlement visa as a child, not a dependant (PBS) visa. No problem.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sureshgarre
Newly Registered

Post by sureshgarre » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:27 am

Thanks @sushdmehta for your concise and clear response.

When submitting the documents for the FLR(M) visa in the afternoon appointment, do I need to submit a proof that my ILR visa has been approved on that day or can I just mention the reference number of my ILR application in my wife's FLR(M) application?