ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help - Appointment rescheduled by UKBA

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amit_kos
Newly Registered

Please help - Appointment rescheduled by UKBA

Post by amit_kos » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:55 am

Hello all,

I had an appointment on 5 July 2012 at Sollihul. I just received an email from UKBA saying that due to uncontrollable factors Sollihul office will not open on 5 July 2012 and they have rescheduled my appointment on 20 July 2012. Any one else had the same thing? Can I register another account by different email address and try to book another earlier appointment (if I am lucky enough)?

Thanks,
Amit

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:57 am

Guess you can do that ... no one is stopping you.

Maybe try booking a new appointment, once you get it, just cancel the older one. Holding two appointments is however unethical because that blocks an extra appointment slot.
Give me more Karma (+)

amit_kos
Newly Registered

Post by amit_kos » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:09 am

Thanks QuickSam.

I can understand your point about being 'unethical', but it was UKBA who rescheduled my appointment. I still want to attend the appointment. And I guess the whole office will be closed on 5th July 2012, so no one will be able to attend.

I will try to open another account by different email and will let know here what happens.

Thanks,
Amit

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:20 am

What I meant is, people like you and me get affected when we hold multiple appointments.
Give me more Karma (+)

amit_kos
Newly Registered

Post by amit_kos » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:40 am

Hi QuickSam,

Thanks for the reply. I just received another email saying that they can book me on earlier appointment :)

By the way, do you know how long does it take to get your biometric card after the visa approval? If I get my approval on the same day as my PEO appointment and if the biometric system is working fine, then how long it may take to get the card?

Thanks,
Amit

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:41 am

It took 2 days for me... max it could take upto 7 business days (as stated by UKBA)
Give me more Karma (+)

amit_kos
Newly Registered

Post by amit_kos » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:57 am

Thanks QuickSam,

One last question, how do I know that the email is genuine? I received email from Paul Haywood. Is there any way or are you aware of any other way to check whether this person is genuine? I did a Google search but can't find much info.

Thanks,
Amit

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:07 am

You should receive the confirmation of you re-scheduled booking on your mobile and that should be enough.
Give me more Karma (+)

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:52 pm

amit_kos wrote:Hi all,

My Solihull PEO appointment for 5 Jul 12 is cancelled by UKBA. Got email this morning saying that whole PEO is closed on 5 Jul 12! Searched a lot whether anyone else had the same, but couldn't find it. The person who emailed me booked another one but said I won't get email or text confirmation as their system is faulty!

Any one else had the same? Please help, I am really worried!

Sorry administrators and moderators, but my post before was similar but I had to rephrase the question. I hope this post doesn't get deleted. Thank you.

Thanks,
Amit
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:13 am

Call up and enquire if they have an appointment scheduled in your/applicant's name for 20-Jul.
Simple!!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!