ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 General Dependent - Outside UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Tier-1 General Dependent - Outside UK

Post by adityaisukapalli » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:47 am

My wife will be applying her Tier-1 General Dependent visa from India in a month's time. I have questions regarding her application - any response will be appreciated:

1. When she submits copies of my passport and visa, do they need to be attested by me or some authority ?

2. Tenancy agreement: Its a 2 bed flat but only mentions my name on it. Will this be okay ?

The following will be evidences attached along with visa application - will these be enough:

1. Duly filled and signed application form along with Photographs
2. Her original Indian Passport
3. Marriage Registration Certificate
4. Personal bank statements of myself for last 3 months showing the minimum of £600 as funds maintenance (Its not £900+£600 i guess?)
5. Wedding Invitation Card
6. Few photographs taken on our wedding day
7. Copies of email conversations between us prior to wedding
8. Copies of Gift orders sent
9. Income proofs of myself (Pay slips, Dividend vouchers, Bank statements etc)
10. Copy of Tenancy agreement
11. An Invitation letter written by me & a Cover letter written by her

She will be applying just 2 days after our wedding and i am not applying along with her as i have Tier-1G valid till Feb 2013.

QuickSam
BANNED

Re: Tier-1 General Dependent - Outside UK

Post by QuickSam » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:51 am

adityaisukapalli wrote: 1. When she submits copies of my passport and visa, do they need to be attested by me or some authority ?
Just photocopies are enough. You could choose to self attest them.

2. Tenancy agreement: Its a 2 bed flat but only mentions my name on it. Will this be okay ?
Not Mandatory.
Give me more Karma (+)

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Post by adityaisukapalli » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:53 am

QuickSam wrote:
adityaisukapalli wrote: 1. When she submits copies of my passport and visa, do they need to be attested by me or some authority ?
Just photocopies are enough. You could choose to self attest them.

Not Mandatory.
Thanks..

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:17 am

adityaisukapalli wrote:My wife will be applying her Tier-1 General Dependent visa from India in a month's time.
Consider applying before 09-Jul-12.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Post by adityaisukapalli » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:57 am

sushdmehta wrote:Consider applying before 09-Jul-12.
She can not apply before 9th July 2012 because we are getting married in 1st week of August 2012.

1) All i need is, these changes won't effect her dependent entry clearance visa right ? I am not worried about that 2 years or 5 years rule at this point.

2) And can you please check the 11 points i mentioned above and tell me if those are enough for a newly married ?

params0073

Post by params0073 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:00 pm

No probs with her EC and will only effect ILR.

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Post by adityaisukapalli » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:06 pm

params0073 wrote:No probs with her EC and will only effect ILR.
Thanks

kunal
Newly Registered

Post by kunal » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:22 am

Aditya, my wife and I will be doing something similar from India. Do you know if the "main applicant" is allowed to accompany the dependant and enter the visa application centre?

Thanks.

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Post by adityaisukapalli » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:12 am

kunal wrote:Aditya, my wife and I will be doing something similar from India. Do you know if the "main applicant" is allowed to accompany the dependant and enter the visa application centre?

Thanks.
Normally it is not possible to enter into VFS when you are not the applicant.

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Post by adityaisukapalli » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:42 am

When the Tier-1 dependent (Wife) apply for dependent visa in India, will she receive Bio-metric card or Visa stamp in passport ?

If it is Bio-metric card, will she receive along with Passport ?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:48 am

SlickSam
BANNED

Post by SlickSam » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:51 am

adityaisukapalli wrote:When the Tier-1 dependent (Wife) apply for dependent visa in India, will she receive Bio-metric card or Visa stamp in passport ?

Visa stamp in passport

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Post by adityaisukapalli » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:51 am

SlickSam wrote:
adityaisukapalli wrote:When the Tier-1 dependent (Wife) apply for dependent visa in India, will she receive Bio-metric card or Visa stamp in passport ?

Visa stamp in passport
Thanks

cool4u
Newly Registered

Post by cool4u » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:40 am

When they apply visa in india just they will take finger prints but they dont issue BRP card in india

abhishekjain1983
Newly Registered

Wedding Invitation Card for tier1 dependent visa

Post by abhishekjain1983 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:54 pm

Hi guys,

I have been reading a lot of posts and noticed that almost all suggest to provide wedding invitation card.

Unfortunately my wedding card is in Hindi and I just realised it when my wife dependent visa appointment is just 10 days away. Do I need to get an english translation? if yes, please suggest an easy way of getting it done.

Many thanks in advance.

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Post by adityaisukapalli » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:25 pm

I am submitting,

1. 10 Emails printouts
2. Some Wedding Photos
3. Gift order summary printouts

Are these enough to prove the relation ? She is applying just 3 days after the wedding anyway.

Tier1G09
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:35 am

kunal wrote:Aditya, my wife and I will be doing something similar from India. Do you know if the "main applicant" is allowed to accompany the dependant and enter the visa application centre?

Thanks.
Yes main applicant can enter VFS office. I was accompanying my partner in the VFS office Delhi and the staff was very co-operating and I was the one who was submitting docs but my partner was sitting with me and she was signing all the docs.

Tier1G09
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:39 am

adityaisukapalli wrote:I am submitting,

1. 10 Emails printouts
2. Some Wedding Photos
3. Gift order summary printouts

Are these enough to prove the relation ? She is applying just 3 days after the wedding anyway.
These docs are enough to proof relationship, you can go to the local shop and they can translate the card from Hindi to english and then you can get it stamp. Please senior member confirm.

Also in the recent past if you have traveled to India, you can show your travel ticket as a proof that you went to India to meet your fiance.

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Post by adityaisukapalli » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:55 pm

Hi,

My wife will be applying her Tier-1 G Dependent visa soon. When filling the online application form, i found few questions confusing. Please advice if these answers are correct. She is unemployed.

Section 6 - Employment and Finances (Is this about her ? or myself ?)

80 Are you unemployed‚ employed‚ or self-employed? - Unemployed
81 Do you receive income from any other sources‚ including friends or family? - No
82 Do you have savings‚ properties or other income‚ for example‚ from stocks and shares? - No
83 How much of your monthly income is used to support your family members? 0
84 How much do you spend each month on living costs? - 3000 INR

Section 7 - Additional Information

87 Are there sufficient funds to support you and any other dependants? - Yes
88 Please state the amount of money available and total number of dependents - GBP 600 for Myself (wife)

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:04 pm

Lucapooka wrote:All questions are asked to the applicant.

laxmipathi

Post by laxmipathi » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:57 pm

Hi adityaisukaplli,

Even i'm planning to apply my fiancee application online before marriage and looking for an appointment on Aug6th to submit the application. I have few questions could you please clarify?

1) .have you submitted your fiancee application online before marriage?
2).what you have filled for marriage status and relation to main applicant questions?
3) Did you managed to get an appointment in Aug 2012?
4) is it ok to fill marriage status as "married" and relation to main application as "wife" before actual wedding happened and submit the application online to get an appointment on Aug 6th 2012 as we are getting married on Aug 3rd 2012.

Please help me regarding my queries.

Thanks in Advance..
Laxmipathi

t

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:05 pm

laxmipathi wrote:is it ok to fill marriage status as "married" and relation to main application as "wife" before actual wedding happened and submit the application online to get an appointment on Aug 6th 2012 as we are getting married on Aug 3rd 2012.
Reading this post should help.

laxmipathi

Post by laxmipathi » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:26 pm

Thanks sushdmehta for your quick response, much appreciated.
From your post, its ok to fill marriage status as "married" and relation to main application as "wife" and given information must be valid before dependant applicant signing and submit the application at VFS.

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Post by adityaisukapalli » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:31 pm

1) Have you submitted your fiancee application online before marriage?

Ans: She will submit her application in 2 weeks time. Because, the dates are open for next 4 weeks only. Our marriage is on 12th Aug and Intended to apply on 16th Aug. So she will submit online application after 16th July

2)What you have filled for marriage status and relation to main applicant questions?

Ans: Married/Wife

3) Did you managed to get an appointment in Aug 2012?

Ans: No Problem at all. You will get appointments easily. Try this weekend - you should get it on 6th Aug

4) Is it ok to fill marriage status as "married" and relation to main application as "wife" before actual wedding happened

Ans: You can fill Married/Wife. The date of application will be the date your wife submits the application in person and the online decleration page shows today's date but when you print the application after filling out, the date will be erased (according to couple of friends applied recently). What ever the case, you will be married by the date your wife submits the application/documents in person. So don't worry, i am in same boat..

laxmipathi

Post by laxmipathi » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:07 pm

Thanks adityaisukapalli for quick response and your answers are very helpful to me. Once again Big thanks to you, to this forum and all members and moderators. Much appreciated for all their efforts..

Cheers
Laxmipathi