ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How can I cancel a residence card ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Peter Kent
Newly Registered

How can I cancel a residence card ?

Post by Peter Kent » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:04 pm

I am European National and my wife(Unmarried Partner) is not my wife anymore. I have reasons to want to cancel it. She agreed. How can I cancel her residence card ?

boloney

Re: How can I cancel a residence card ?

Post by boloney » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:11 pm

Peter Kent wrote:I am European National and my wife(Unmarried Partner) is not my wife anymore. I have reasons to want to cancel it. She agreed. How can I cancel her residence card ?
Cut it in half, there is nothing else you can do.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:19 pm

it's not yours to cancel.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:20 pm

Cut it in half, there is nothing else you can do.
That might not be advisable if it's in her passport!

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:54 pm

Peter Kent wrote:I am European National and my wife(Unmarried Partner) is not my wife anymore. I have reasons to want to cancel it. She agreed. How can I cancel her residence card ?
you are pathetic my friend. if she's out of your life there is no need to be busybodying about her future, nothing to do with you anymore. Roughly, legally if she has been your wife for 3 years and lived in the uk with u for a year, she doesnt need your permission to stay here. if less than that, another story but u do your own research. i doubt anyone would agree to cancel their own card, it doesnt hurt anyone in the passport and noone has the right to deface it. hope u just leave her alone mate.

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:09 pm

Why do you want to cancel her RC? if you guys are divorce ,then the best thing for you, is just go your own way and move on.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:32 am

Peter,
as many others already advised you: go on with your life, and forget about revenge.
If you choose to ignore this advice, then all you can do is write a letter to UKBA, saying that she is no longer a family member (with effect from ...) and then it is up to UKBA to take any action or not.

keffers
BANNED

Post by keffers » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:01 am

She was not your wife if you were simply unmarried 'partners'. There is a big difference regardless of what immigration regulations allow. As you were never fully commmitted to each other what's the problem? Let her be and get on with your own life.