ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retaining right of residence after divorce

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ravii

Retaining right of residence after divorce

Post by ravii » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:35 pm

I will be very thankfull if any one help me .i am looking to retain my residence status ,here is my case summary:
Married jan 2009.received R C in aug 09.divorce start feb 12 and final decree june 12. Documents which i got for retaining right of residence : My passport..bt bills both me and my x name last 15 months..joint bank statments for last 15 months.My ex was self employed , self assesment for x year 2011 till april 2012 and from april 2012 till june 2012.accounant letters from x till final decree.invoices for whole of this self employed peirod..private health insurance both of us valid from dec 2010 till final decree..income protection insurance both of us for last 15 months valid till divorce.life insurance since marriage.My self assesment returns and companies letter confirming that i am working in the company as a self employed for last 18 months till to date plus invoices..ex mobile bills for last 18 months. Documents which i do not have with my application, my ex business bank statment.please advice me if my ex failed to produce her business bank statment in that reason i will able to retain my right in uk .

Sent from my idiot-phone
Best regards

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:50 pm

You have a decent amount of paper work and your case should be a piece of cake besides a cup of tea in case your ex was working (I assume) in 2009, 2010 :lol:
Enjoy your retention :o

ravii

Retaining right of residence

Post by ravii » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:04 pm

Thanks for your reply ,Ex was employed in 2009 and 2010 , i have p60 and some salary slip should i inculdes these in my application .please advice me what final documents i have to submit for retain right of residence .
Best regards

mcovet
BANNED

Re: Retaining right of residence after divorce

Post by mcovet » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:26 pm

ravii wrote:I will be very thankfull if any one help me .i am looking to retain my residence status ,here is my case summary:
Married jan 2009.received R C in aug 09.divorce start feb 12 and final decree june 12. Documents which i got for retaining right of residence : My passport..bt bills both me and my x name last 15 months..joint bank statments for last 15 months.My ex was self employed , self assesment for x year 2011 till april 2012 and from april 2012 till june 2012.accounant letters from x till final decree.invoices for whole of this self employed peirod..private health insurance both of us valid from dec 2010 till final decree..income protection insurance both of us for last 15 months valid till divorce.life insurance since marriage.My self assesment returns and companies letter confirming that i am working in the company as a self employed for last 18 months till to date plus invoices..ex mobile bills for last 18 months. Documents which i do not have with my application, my ex business bank statment.please advice me if my ex failed to produce her business bank statment in that reason i will able to retain my right in uk .

Sent from my idiot-phone
no need to send health insurance, pay prot ins, life insurance, mobile bills, ex business bank statements (accountant's letter and tax returns are enough).

you covered yourself for years 2011 and 2012, you need to prove she was exercising treaty rights for years 2009 and 2010 so you should be fine. provide P60s definitely and salary slips so to cover your backside and go for it.

ravii

Re: Retaining right of residence after divorce

Post by ravii » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:30 am

no need to send health insurance, pay prot ins, life insurance, mobile bills, ex business bank statements (accountant's letter and tax returns are enough).

you covered yourself for years 2011 and 2012, you need to prove she was exercising treaty rights for years 2009 and 2010 so you should be fine. provide P60s definitely and salary slips so to cover your backside and go for it.[/quote].

Thanks for your reply kindly can you please advice me if i send my insurance documents is this make a negitive effect on my case or possitive .
Best regards

ravii

Post by ravii » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:31 am

Hello every body,I applied EEA 2 for the confirmation of my retaning rights of residence on 16 July 2012,UKBA received 17 July 2012.today I received a letter from UKBA and they are asking for more proof that my former spouse EEA national was a qualified person before and till divorce.following EEA national treaty rights documents attached with application.1.accountants letter.2.tax return year 2011-12.3.national insurance contribution paid year 2011-12.tax paid receipt year 2010-11.5.6 pay slips year 2009 and p45..Need advice from senior members that what else UKBA wants from me,as I already fulfil the requirement.
Best regards

dinushka

Post by dinushka » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:31 am

hi ravii,

can you tell us that, what is update of your case? have you got ROR? if Yes, then in how many months?
it will be helpful for readers.

regards

peyam
Newly Registered

Post by peyam » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:37 pm

ravii wrote:Hello every body,I applied EEA 2 for the confirmation of my retaning rights of residence on 16 July 2012,UKBA ....
hi there, i have a same situation az u, but yet don't apply for anything to UKBA,
can you please say about your current results? can you see my forum and help me with your advise? http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=
thanks a lot

ravii

Post by ravii » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:55 am

On 29th August I send them fresh accountants letter plus private health insurance documents from health on line insurance company with the covering letter that ex spouse treaty rights already attached with EEA 2 application form.hope this will be enough.?
Best regards

dinushka

Post by dinushka » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:25 am

hopefully, it will be enough. lets see ravii. wish you good luck and please let us know if there will any update. it will be helpful for others. Because it is very important to know that how much time UKBA will take to issue you ROR. Also, that what UKBA will ask you to provide more (i hope nothing more). will you be keep updating your question-page?