ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion Over Schengen for France

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:04 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
mcovet wrote: Now, the second issue is what you are going to say coming back from france. They will look at your eea card and ask where your eea national is? If not with you, you do not fall under the eu law so shouldn't be travelling visa free.
I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but if re-entering the UK alone, a UK resident card holder is allowed to do so if joining their EU family member national. That would be one circumstance where they could be traveling alone and be allowed to enter.
yes, that is clearly covered, but a smart border official would ask: "if your EEA fam member is in the UK, how did you get to France without a Schengen visa, as the only way would be to be accompanying or joining your EEA fam member?"

This would be a reasonable question and I wouldn't advise anyone to lie. So, the only thing left to say would be: "your colleague in the UK advised me that I don't need a visa even if travelling alone, check my passport, he stamped my exit on the Resid Card page?"

So, unless someone did it as well as my wife, I would advise to get a visa, but otherwise, just go for it, on Eurostar, there is only ONE booth where they check your docs, and it's French officials (don't remember seeing UK guys on this end).

John G

Travel to Paris with EEA Family visa

Post by John G » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:22 am

Hi All,

To add to this topic thread, me (Italian national) and my de-facto partner (she is a Colombian National) went to Paris with our 8 month old daughter, to watch the Tour De France this year via Eurostar without any problem.

They did "date" stamp her passport on the way out and in, but that's it. Not one question asked and very fast entry/exit to/from France.

Also TLS are TOTALLY INEPT. I don't think they have a clue about any of the EU rules and just copy/paste standard replies. It took me over 20 e-mails to get the reply I needed and even then, they didn't reply with the correct answer to my specific EU article 10 question re freedom of movement.

In any case, anyone reading this, if your partner (married or de-facto) has EEA residence card they DO NOT need a visa for the Euro Schengen zone (bar some countries like Switzerland and 2 or 3 others I think)

Just read up the other threads, print some of the relevant EU legislation on the topic, to keep as ammo if you get some twat at the border gate that hasn't got a clue re EU Law. Then you are ready for a fight! (unlikely to come to this in any case!... but best to be prepared I say)

Thanks

John