ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Application (joint application)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

helloimran

Naturalization Application (joint application)

Post by helloimran » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:36 pm

Dear respected members,
First of all i would like to thank every one in this forum for your advises on immigration matters.
I will be highly appreciated if you guys pay little bit attention on my query.

I got indefinite leave to remain last year 23rd of march 2011 under 10 year long residence rule ( 7 years student and 3 years tier 1 general.
My wife came to UK in June 2008 as a student dependent,she got two year spouse visa last year when i got ILR,couple of months later in September 2011 she got ILR same day service as she completed two years period included 1 years and 8 months as tier 1 dependant.
My daughter born here and she got British passport.

Now i am going to apply Naturalization after 23rd of march 2012.
My questions are followings:-
1):- Can i apply naturalization for my wife with my application at a same time?(she got ILR on the basis of my ILR,settled person in UK)

Thanks for reading my query.
Thanks
IMRAN...

Smallfamily

Re: Naturalization Application ( strange situation )........

Post by Smallfamily » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:07 pm

No she can't... once u neutralize as a british citizen then she can apply on ur basis i.e. as a spouse of "british citizen" but only after 12 months from the date when she got her ILR.

helloimran

Post by helloimran » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:14 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I called to Home office today and they said she can apply with my application,on the basis of she will be eligible Immediately after my naturalization approval.

Can someone suggest on that?

Thanks
IMRAN...

helloimran

Post by helloimran » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:26 pm

helloimran wrote:Thanks for your reply.
I called to Home office today and they said she can apply with my application,on the basis of she will be eligible Immediately after my naturalization approval.

Thanks
IMRAN...
As she will complete three years period when i apply.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:08 am

helloimran wrote:Thanks for your reply.

Thanks
IMRAN...
They have been reports on this method although I didn't see any recent one so not sure if this practice is still acceptable (although if the HO confirmed it over the phone, it might still be the case). This is using a discretion by the HO outside the rules. Basically, they approve the main applicant and if approved, the spouse is treated under the 3 years rules for spouses. This is a discretion as technically you only become a BC in the citizenship ceremony and not when approved by the HO.
This way you are able to save on the fees (as you pay a joint fee) and save some time.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Naturalization Application ( strange situation )........

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:09 am

Smallfamily wrote:No she can't... once u neutralize as a british citizen then she can apply on ur basis i.e. as a spouse of "british citizen" but only after 12 months from the date when she got her ILR.
Spouse of BC don't require to wait 12 month from the ILR date. They can apply on the same day ILR is granted if they meet the 3 years residential requirements.

helloimran

Post by helloimran » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:12 pm

Will NCS accept our joint application for naturalization,as its an unusual case?
Thanks
IMRAN...

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:20 pm

helloimran wrote:Will NCS accept our joint application for naturalization,as its an unusual case?
Thanks
IMRAN...
Whenever NCS staff is in doubt they contact HO straightaway infront of applicants. So if HO have told you that they will accept her app then they will say the same thing to NCS staff hopefully :) so in that case it shouldn't be any problem.

dikushah82
Newly Registered

Post by dikushah82 » Sun May 13, 2012 10:30 pm

Hello Imran,

Can you please share your experience? In the end did you apply together or separately? I'm in same situation as yours so any help will be really appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun May 13, 2012 10:42 pm

dikushah82
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by dikushah82 » Sun May 13, 2012 10:49 pm

Thanks again Jambo. :)

helloimran

Post by helloimran » Mon May 14, 2012 11:11 pm

dikushah82 wrote:Hello Imran,

Can you please share your experience? In the end did you apply together or separately? I'm in same situation as yours so any help will be really appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Regards
They eventually taken the full payment now which is £1317.
They got our application after 6th of april and i had to pay an extra £23 for joint naturalisation application.

I called them today and they confirmed with me,the full fee has taken,and the fee account has closed now.
And they confirmed that the application is going to consideration department.

Hopefully they will be dealing our joint application.
Finger Cross.

dikushah82
Newly Registered

Thank you.

Post by dikushah82 » Tue May 15, 2012 12:26 pm

helloimran wrote:

Thank you very much.

Regards
They got our application after 6th of april and i had to pay an extra £23 for joint naturalisation application.

I called them today and they confirmed with me,the full fee has taken,and the fee account has closed now.

Finger Cross.
Imran,

that's good news. Hopefully they will consider your joint application and you get the good news very soon. :)

Please post the final result so we know the outcome.

Thanks.

dikushah82
Newly Registered

Cover Letter

Post by dikushah82 » Wed May 16, 2012 10:00 pm

helloimran wrote:

Thank you very much.

Regards

Finger Cross.
Imran,

If possible, can you please share cover letter with me? I have messaged (pm) you my email address.

Thanks,
Manan

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Cover Letter

Post by Jambo » Wed May 16, 2012 10:51 pm

dikushah82 wrote: Imran,

If possible, can you please share cover letter with me? I have messaged (pm) you my email address.

Thanks,
Manan
As he paid £1200 for the service, he might not be willing to share it.

helloimran

Post by helloimran » Wed May 16, 2012 11:43 pm

Jambo wrote:

Thanks,
Manan
I did not ask any covering letter copies from my solicitor,i used their whole naturalization's application services,they done whole process for us.
I do not have any idea about covering letter.
Sorry for that.

Does it mean UKBA has consider my joint application as they have take full fee now,even i paid them £23 over the phone last week?
Thanks.
IMRAN.

dikushah82
Newly Registered

Post by dikushah82 » Thu May 17, 2012 8:51 am

helloimran wrote:
Jambo wrote:

Thanks,
Manan
I did not ask any covering letter copies from my solicitor,i used their whole naturalization's application services,they done whole process for us.
Sorry for that.

Does it mean UKBA has consider my joint application as they have take full fee now,even i paid them £23 over the phone last week?
Thanks.
IMRAN.
Hi Imran,

Thanks for your reply. Can you let me know the solicitor's name or website?

I'm not sure on how exactly HO works but because they have deducted the money so, I assume, your case will be forwarded to one of the case worker and now it's up to the case worker to to decide whether to grant you naturalization or not. Again, I'm saying this based on my personal experience so far and when we went for the in person service in first stage one of the staff members does a quick check (may be eligibility and all the basic documents), then you pay the fees and after that case worker processes your application.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

dikushah82
Newly Registered

Post by dikushah82 » Thu May 17, 2012 8:58 am

Jambo wrote:

Thanks,
Manan
I see what you mean and that's why I mentioned "If possible"...anyway thanks for all your help so far for pointing out all the correct threads..really appreciated :)

helloimran

Post by helloimran » Thu May 17, 2012 4:17 pm

dikushah82 wrote:
helloimran wrote:
Jambo wrote:

Thanks,
Manan
Sorry for that.

Thanks.
IMRAN.
Hi Imran,

I'm not sure on how exactly HO works but because they have deducted the money so, I assume, your case will be forwarded to one of the case worker and now it's up to the case worker to to decide whether to grant you naturalization or not. Again, I'm saying this based on my personal experience so far and when we went for the in person service in first stage one of the staff members does a quick check (may be eligibility and all the basic documents), then you pay the fees and after that case worker processes your application.

Regards
Thanks Manan for your compliments.

FIrm name is MULBERRY FINCH,based in holborn london.
If you google it you will get many links to their web site.

Thanks
IMRAN...

dikushah82
Newly Registered

Post by dikushah82 » Thu May 17, 2012 11:12 pm

helloimran wrote:
dikushah82 wrote:
helloimran wrote:
Jambo wrote:
Sorry for that.

Thanks.
IMRAN.
Hi Imran,

Regards
Thanks Manan for your compliments.

FIrm name is MULBERRY FINCH,based in holborn london.
If you google it you will get many links to their web site.

Thanks
IMRAN...
Thanks a lot Imran..Hope everything goes well with your application and you get the good news very soon.

Regards

dikushah82
Newly Registered

Any News?

Post by dikushah82 » Tue May 29, 2012 11:23 pm

Hello Imran,

If you have received any updates, please let us know.

Regards,

helloimran

Re: Any News?

Post by helloimran » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:48 pm

Regards,
Just want to share a good news my naturalisation been successful.i had a call from my solicitor today but unfortunately wifes's application been refused,letter stating I need to get naturalisation certificate first before she will be able to apply for naturalisation.now just waiting for a ceremony letter that will come to my solicitor. Can I book my ceremony without ceremony letter or I need to wait for it?

dikushah82
Newly Registered

Re: Any News?

Post by dikushah82 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:23 pm

helloimran wrote:

Regards,
Just want to share a good news my naturalisation been successful.i had a call from my solicitor today but unfortunately wifes's application been refused,letter stating I need to get naturalisation certificate first before she will be able to apply for naturalisation.now just waiting for a ceremony letter that will come to my solicitor. Can I book my ceremony without ceremony letter or I need to wait for it?
Hello Imran,

Congratulations for your naturalization approval and sorry to hear that your wife's application wasn't considered.

Thank you very much for your update. I'm in exact same situation as yours so your update was very much helpful and appreciated.

Hope someone else will be able to advice you on your question.

Regards

cadillac2006
Newly Registered

Post by cadillac2006 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:38 pm

Dear Imran

Did they refund you the differential fees as your wifes application was rejected !

Will be grateful for your repsonse .

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:50 pm

cadillac2006 wrote:Dear Imran

Did they refund you the differential fees as your wifes application was rejected !

Will be grateful for your repsonse .
Rejected = refused = no refund (apart from £80 for ceremony).