ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

savex
Newly Registered

Good News

Post by savex » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:21 am

Hello Everybody,

I have received my RC today. Yesterday in fact, I had the "something for you" card and after a sleepless night, collected it from the Post Office this morning. This is my first post on this forum, I have been reading it since the page 108 :) and my turn has come on page 164:) a MASSIVE thank you to everyone on this forum, been a great support. I hope everybody will get theirs very soon. Best of luck, here is my timeline:

EEA2 sent: 12.01.12
HO received: 13.01.12
COA received: Mid Feb(can't remember exact date now) dated 01.02.12 with right to work
A few phone calls, so many e-mails, and one hand written letter
RC received: 19.06.2012

My heart is with you people. I want to hug everybody :)

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:38 am

I called yet again and then the lady said no documents were sent out!!

Then said I have an email indicating documents sent out then she put me on hold and said on closer inspection it seems documents were sent out on the 19th and when I said that is different from what I was told she blamed it on limited information she has.

If she has so little information how can she miss something that important out.

I was attacked a few months ago on this forum for stating my opinion and was accused of trolling this forum, I wonder where all those people are right now!
EEA 4 applied - 15th November 2015
COA received - 18 Jan
Application Refused: 15th of April
Appeal: 16th of April
Reconsideration Letter sent: 16th April
Reapplied EEA 4: 24th October 2016
Payment Taken: 28th October 2016
RC: 23 May 2017

danz
Newly Registered

Post by danz » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:44 am

just called them and no decision been made yet, and asked me to wait.

congratulation samelamin. so is it confirmed that is been sent out to you?

Best luck for all.

zahirsona

Re: Good News

Post by zahirsona » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:55 am

[quote="savex"]Hello Everybody,

I have received my RC today. Yesterday in fact, I had the "something for you" card and after a sleepless night, collected it from the Post Office this morning. This is my first post on this forum, I have been reading it since the page 108 :) and my turn has come on page 164:) a MASSIVE thank you to everyone on this forum, been a great support. I hope everybody will get theirs very soon. Best of luck, here is my timeline:

EEA2 sent: 12.01.12
HO received: 13.01.12
COA received: Mid Feb(can't remember exact date now) dated 01.02.12 with right to work
A few phone calls, so many e-mails, and one hand written letter
RC received: 19.06.2012
That good news i am very happy for u enjoy plz send me the ukba email address and phone number please I send them email I thinks this wrong email
LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk
I send many time email but automatic reply Like this
Thank you for your email to the UK Border Agency, Liverpool European Passport Returns. This in- box is specifically for requesting the return of passports or identity documentation submitted with applications made under the European Economic Area Regulations of 2006.

If you have made an application for a Residence Card or Registration Certificate under the European Regulations, please provide your name, passport/identity card number and if applicable postage reference number.

Your request will then be directed to the relevant team for resolution.

We will endeavour to return your documentation as soon as is possible, usually within five working days, from when the passport has been received onto the relevant team and processed into this department. However there may be exceptional cases where it takes longer. So we strongly advise that you do not book any travel arrangements until your application has been fully considered.

Please be advised that your application will not be expedited alongside the request to return a passport. If your passport is not with UK Border Agency at the time of decision then you may need to make a new application should you require the transfer of your Residence Card into your passport.

We will not reply directly to your email, if your query relates to anything other than a request to return your documentation, further information upon our services can be found at: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk.
 Can u send me the correct email plz
Zkhan

horizon1985

Post by horizon1985 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:30 pm

danz wrote:just called them and no decision been made yet, and asked me to wait.

Best luck for all.

Hi Danz,

Didn't you ask them that 6 months has gone now. I think you need to call them everyday and send email as well. Need a little push like samelamin did. You will get it sooner as well. My deadline is finishing tomorrow as HO received my application on 21 December. So I will start pushing them from monday. I hope that wont be needed. GOOD LUCK to everyone.

Anatole
Newly Registered

Post by Anatole » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:34 pm

horizon1985 wrote:
danz wrote:just called them and no decision been made yet, and asked me to wait.

Best luck for all.

Hi Danz,

Didn't you ask them that 6 months has gone now. I think you need to call them everyday and send email as well. Need a little push like samelamin did. You will get it sooner as well. My deadline is finishing tomorrow as HO received my application on 21 December. So I will start pushing them from monday. I hope that wont be needed. GOOD LUCK to everyone.
Same here: I will start pushing on Monday.

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:57 pm

exactly, keep pushing through all available channels

I don't know if I got an rc or it got rejected but I supplied all the neccasary documents so I can't see why they would reject it

I'll keep u posted but Danz speak your map , even a simple enquiry might get the home office on the ball
COA received - 18 Jan

danz
Newly Registered

Post by danz » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:26 pm

Yes I am calling them everyday, I sent emails as well. Today I contact my MP and waiting for his reply.

All the best for all

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:31 pm

danz wrote:Yes I am calling them everyday, I sent emails as well. Today I contact my MP and waiting for his reply.

All the best for all

alright please do continue to keep everyone posted.This forum really gives everyone hope

A quick note - It seems useless sending a next day delievery envelope AFTER you sent your EEA application so I advise to send them together

Ill confirm this once my application arrives
COA received - 18 Jan

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:32 pm

Huys I have terrible news

Our eea application was refused, my MP just sent me and email informing me of this

I have a right of appeal but I was the MP has not told me why this has happend

I have sent all the documents required so I do not know why this has happend

I dont know what this means for my work and they currently employ me under my Tier 1 visa
COA received - 18 Jan

Anatole
Newly Registered

Post by Anatole » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:41 pm

Samelamin wrote:Huys I have terrible news

Our eea application was refused, my MP just sent me and email informing me of this

I dont know what this means for my work and they currently employ me under my Tier 1 visa
I am so sorry to hear this. Do consider hiring a solicitor. My thoughts are with you.

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:55 pm

I don't know on what grounds this decision has been made

I have a feeling its because my visa is running out in July and I applied a few days after our wedding but that doesn't change the validity of the relationship

I will of course appeal but that means I am def not going on holiday
COA received - 18 Jan

horizon1985

Post by horizon1985 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:59 pm

Samelamin wrote:Huys I have terrible news

Oh Dear :/,

This is very heart aching news. I don't understand on what basis they refused you? Don't worry Man. I think you must hire a proper immigration solicitor immediately. Just go into appeal. Dear take my advise. Whatever has happened, that's gone now I don't know how much important for you to travel now but If this is actual news from MP then do every proper arrangement for appeal and win this case comprehensively. Don't be hurry now. Calmly sort this matter out because this RC is most important for you right at this time. My sympathies are with you because I know it gave everyone shock over here. Finger cross and never give up. You will win appeal and get RC soon. wishes and prayers for everyone.

Anatole
Newly Registered

Post by Anatole » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:42 pm

Samelamin wrote:I don't know on what grounds this decision has been made

I have a feeling its because my visa is running out in July and I applied a few days after our wedding but that doesn't change the validity of the relationship

Do remember that your MP is in no way an expert on this. It may well be that your application has been refused because the case worker wasn't satisfied on specific points and that you don't have to appeal but submit the application again. This happens often when the EU partner is self employed and has not submitted enough evidence around this. Should they think that your marriage is not genuine, then try to get as much evidence around the validity of your relationship. So, don't despair: wait for their letter and how they explain the refusal.

horizon1985

Post by horizon1985 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:57 pm

Samelamin can you confirm whether HO gave you right to work in your COA ?

kaycee89
Newly Registered

EEA 2 - right of retention

Post by kaycee89 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:08 pm

Hi there - hope you are all doing well.

Just an update I rang the HO today, liverpool number and I advised them that it's almost 3 months since I sent my application but hadn't received my COA. The lady on the phone confirmed that my application was yet to be validated, not sure what that means but she did give me a HO reference number - do any of you guys know what this means? Does this mean that my application is currently being looked at by the case worked considering I have now been give a HO reference?

Regards

EEA 2 application made 22/3/2012
Application received by HO 23/3/2012
COA - awaiting as of today 20/6/2012

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:11 pm

Anatole wrote:

Do remember that your MP is in no way an expert on this. It may well be that your application has been refused because the case worker wasn't satisfied on specific points and that you don't have to appeal but submit the application again. This happens often when the EU partner is self employed and has not submitted enough evidence around this. Should they think that your marriage is not genuine, then try to get as much evidence around the validity of your relationship. So, don't despair: wait for their letter and how they explain the refusal.
No It isnt because my partner is self employed because she isnt, she is in full time employment and we attached an official letter from her place of work AND 2 payslip, one official and one printed off

We were told we dont need to supply evidence of the relationship as a marraige cert is enough, clearly it wasnt!

Anyways your right the MP is not an expert but she hasnt given us the reason for rejection. I was given right to work on my COA but does anyone know if I am eligible for work during the appeal process
COA received - 18 Jan

NG1983

Post by NG1983 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:42 pm

Samelamin wrote:
Anatole wrote:

No It isnt because my partner is self employed because she isnt, she is in full time employment and we attached an official letter from her place of work AND 2 payslip, one official and one printed off

We were told we dont need to supply evidence of the relationship as a marraige cert is enough, clearly it wasnt!

Anyways your right the MP is not an expert but she hasnt given us the reason for rejection. I was given right to work on my COA but does anyone know if I am eligible for work during the appeal process

sorry about your case, my prayer is with you...your case just left me thinking........if they knew they were gonna refuse you, how come they didnt do it early before now, not after psending 6 months with them.......this si sad....my advice is for you to chill and find out what they said in the papers,,,it could be they are requesting for more things, but what possibly could they be wanting from you when u submitted everything,listed in their form,and if they felt u didnt include all then they should have requested more from you......anyways lets know when you get the letter, appelaing is not the best thing to do....rather i think you should reaopply with a good cover up letter
PRICELESS

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:07 pm

I read a few posts that suggest I should apply again with documents to prove our marraige.

why do you not think an appeal is the way to go, we have all the documents to prove it and appeal might take less time which at the moment we have alot of
COA received - 18 Jan

galatie

Post by galatie » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:26 pm

Really so sorry to hear about this, I know you have been waiting so long for your residence card. Hopefully, everything can be cleared and sorted, just wait to see what the rejection letter states. UKBA is a nightmare, but when there's a will, there's a way, and you will get your residence card!!

munkeehmagic
Newly Registered

Post by munkeehmagic » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:27 pm

Now after reading this.. I am worried that my application will be rejected as well...

munkeehmagic
Newly Registered

Post by munkeehmagic » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:35 pm

I will call the HO on Monday and contact our MP as well..

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:27 pm

Samelamin, I am deeply sorry to hear the news...the 2nd class post should arrive within the next few days. Let's see maybe it hasn't been refused yet (wouldn't be surprised). But if it has, they must give you reasons, your financial claim will still stand so don't worry about that bit. Let's wait and see what the reasons for refusal are.

One cannot assume that your marriage is of convenience based on the time scales. Yes, some suspicion may creep in but they MUST write to you and ask for additional docs or proof of genuine relationship (even though IMHO the onus is on them to prove the relationship is not genuine).

Let's wait and see.

mobismome

Post by mobismome » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:32 am

hi Samelamin, sorry about the bad news but dont worry you will still get your residence card but will take time.

pls what do you mean by solvit/mp this word keeps confusing me how will i know mine . i stay in south east london woolwich precisely thanks.

stetois

Post by stetois » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:46 am

HI SAMELAMIN

i m so sorry for your refusal and i can feel your pain because my first
application was refused as well but it took them 2.5 months to take a decision,no COA was issued and my second one is still pending and will hit 4 months in a couple of days. having to get the COA and wait 6 months to be denied RC is quite not easy to swallow but there is a fact. i understand it makes you sad but if you really got refused you have to wait for your refusal letter and see what reason reason the case worker gave, find the solutions and decide whether to appeal or resubmit, don t just guess. in both ways don t plan any holidays abroad they are the least important when applying for a stay because your job is to apply for RC but theirs is to cut down the number of people receiving it.

EEA1 and EEA2 sent 24/02/12. HO received 27/02/12
EEA1 received 25 april date 04 april 12
COA received the 16 june date 06 june ( requested but they told me they issued one in april but i never received it)
RC still waiting.