ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa not Fiance visa the way forward? Please advise!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

JC.
Newly Registered

Spouse visa not Fiance visa the way forward? Please advise!

Post by JC. » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:40 am

Hi... me again.

I have been doing some further research. It seems more likely that I can get my g/f here on a spouse visa than a fiance visa.
I am a UK citizen and she is an American citizen.

Someone suggested that I go over there and meet her to "split up the traveling"

What if we were to both go to Mexico and get married? You can stay there for up to 6 months on a tourist visa. You just fill out a form on the plane and that it apparently! Ive looked into the procedure for marrying out there and its ever so straight forward. I just need a few documents translated into spanish, my passport, a blood test, chest x-ray and then we can get married.
We have talked about this in great length over the phone and this seems like a good solution.

My g/f has $50k USD in a bank account. whereas I, a student am £1000 over drawn and have no regular source of income.

Can someone confirm the following for me?

you are legally married to each other or are in a civil partnership recognised in the UK Just a matter of getting the mexican wedding cert' legalised in london?

your husband, wife or civil partner is present and settled in the UK (see below) I am a UK citizen.

you both intend to live together permanently as husband and wife or as civil partners Yes, very much so.

you have met each other before we will meet for the first time over the summer if she comes to stay or in mexico next september

together you can support yourselves and any dependants without any help from public funds She has $50k avaliable. Is that enough?

you have suitable accommodation, which is owned or lived in only by you and your household, and where you and your dependants can live without any help from public funds We can live in my parents house indefinately. Again, is $50k enough?

your husband, wife or civil partner is not under 18, and
you are not under 18.
Will both be 21 when application is made.

1)Would the fact we had lived together for 6 months as a married couple in mexico make things easier than going through the fiance visa?

2) Would the fact we would have a large amount of cash to support ourselves in the UK till we both find work be enough to satisfy the imigration dept even though I have only had part time work up until this point (being a student)?

3) We would be able to stay at my parents house untill we can find jobs and our own place to live.

I just want to be with my girlfriend. I couldnt care less where!

Thankyou in advance,

JC.

antontony

Post by antontony » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:38 pm

Hello, JC,

My comments :

)Would the fact we had lived together for 6 months as a married couple in mexico make things easier than going through the fiance visa? --- not really ; you will just prove that you have met and that you possibly intend to live together permanently

2) Would the fact we would have a large amount of cash to support ourselves in the UK till we both find work be enough to satisfy the imigration dept even though I have only had part time work up until this point (being a student)? --- you are the sponsor, so the ECO may only be looking into your circumsatnces, unless he will be satisfied that your future wife's funds will be really available to both of you, that is, transferred to the UK to your account BEFORE you lodge her EC application

3) We would be able to stay at my parents house untill we can find jobs and our own place to live --- yes ; minimum requirement is a single bedroom in your exclusive use

Regards,

Anton

JC.
Newly Registered

Post by JC. » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:27 am

Thankyou for your comments antontony.
Would you think that this is route is more likely to resolve in success than going the fiance visa route?