ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:41 pm

Samelamin wrote:The refusal came and as discussed it is due to the home office believing it was a marriage of convienience

The refusal letter states that we needed an interpreter at our wedding which is totally untrue, my wife has a great command of the english language

and the sad - or funny in this case - thing is we have a video of us at the wedding doing our vows

The letter then goes to state that there was no interaction between me and my wife at the wedding!

it feels like a template they send to all marriages they feel are fake!!

I am fuming at the amount of lies on this refusal and the funny thing is the report which indicates all this was made on the 19th of June, the day of the deadline

Which feels like a rushed job just to meet a deadline, our lawyer said to send the refusal letter first thing monday which we will do

Its crazy but here is valid proof that there is some sort of discrimination going on. They state that they were at our wedding which they werent and that me and my partner could barly understand each other which is a blatent lie!!
Definitly appealing this decision!
Sorry to hear the bad news. It is obviously rushed, unless the registrar alerted the HO (which you would have felt on the day, most likely) there is no way they could have said all that. Also, unless you were in the country in breach of immigration laws, it is highly unlikely for anyone to have bothered attending your wedding, and you would have noticed anyone else apart from the registrar and your guests, wouldn't you?

Anyway, the way forward is to lodge an immediate appeal, this would probably be quicker than a new application. Having said that, you COULD simultaneously apply with a covering letter and proof of you and your wife communicating in English both during and potentially after the wedding. You could then contact the complaints department and give them the tracking number so that they can locate your application quicker.

You then request PRIORITY treatment http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary on the basis of your case being "mishandled" as there was no attempt to ascertain whether your marriage is of convenience. They could have easily asked for proof of your relationship from date of marriage till June 2012 while they were considering your application, but they didn't. You are free to mention that they based their decision on blatant lies, unsupported by evidence!

I would include yours and your wife's bank statements, any pictures, tickets to concerts, museums etc. Was that flight you were going to make booked for you both or for you alone? If for both, that's another point to make. Anyway, you get my point. If they agree to priority treatment, you will get the result quicker that way, rather than the court hearing date, judgment and then enforcement etc.

But don't give up, your 5 year time towards permanent residence is ticking from the date of your marriage and not from when they issue the card, so I would not worry TOO much about the time you are losing. Equally, you have a good chance of obtaining compensation for lost flights either if they agree to priority treatment (thus agreeing to your side of the story) or after the court decision. Either way, don't worry too much, if your relationship is genuine then they can try all they like, they really have nothing solid and they simply hope you give up.

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:11 pm

mcovet wrote:
Samelamin wrote:The refusal came and as discussed it is due to the home office believing it was a marriage of convienience

The refusal letter states that we needed an interpreter at our wedding which is totally untrue, my wife has a great command of the english language

and the sad - or funny in this case - thing is we have a video of us at the wedding doing our vows

The letter then goes to state that there was no interaction between me and my wife at the wedding!

I am fuming at the amount of lies on this refusal and the funny thing is the report which indicates all this was made on the 19th of June, the day of the deadline

Which feels like a rushed job just to meet a deadline, our lawyer said to send the refusal letter first thing monday which we will do

Its crazy but here is valid proof that there is some sort of discrimination going on. They state that they were at our wedding which they werent and that me and my partner could barly understand each other which is a blatent lie!!
Sorry to hear the bad news. It is obviously rushed, unless the registrar alerted the HO (which you would have felt on the day, most likely) there is no way they could have said all that. Also, unless you were in the country in breach of immigration laws, it is highly unlikely for anyone to have bothered attending your wedding, and you would have noticed anyone else apart from the registrar and your guests, wouldn't you?

Anyway, the way forward is to lodge an immediate appeal, this would probably be quicker than a new application. Having said that, you COULD simultaneously apply with a covering letter and proof of you and your wife communicating in English both during and potentially after the wedding. You could then contact the complaints department and give them the tracking number so that they can locate your application quicker.

You then request PRIORITY treatment http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary on the basis of your case being "mishandled" as there was no attempt to ascertain whether your marriage is of convenience. They could have easily asked for proof of your relationship from date of marriage till June 2012 while they were considering your application, but they didn't. You are free to mention that they based their decision on blatant lies, unsupported by evidence!

I would include yours and your wife's bank statements, any pictures, tickets to concerts, museums etc. Was that flight you were going to make booked for you both or for you alone? If for both, that's another point to make. Anyway, you get my point. If they agree to priority treatment, you will get the result quicker that way, rather than the court hearing date, judgment and then enforcement etc.

But don't give up, your 5 year time towards permanent residence is ticking from the date of your marriage and not from when they issue the card, so I would not worry TOO much about the time you are losing. Equally, you have a good chance of obtaining compensation for lost flights either if they agree to priority treatment (thus agreeing to your side of the story) or after the court decision. Either way, don't worry too much, if your relationship is genuine then they can try all they like, they really have nothing solid and they simply hope you give up.

Thank you for your kind words, I am not worried in the least because of the lies, I did have problems applying for tier 1 psw back in 2010 (refused twice) but they then granted it the third time. I thought immigration history didnt affect my RC decision. Even if it did the fact that it was granted should have removed any doubt as to my status.

It is blantent lies yes,especially the interpretor part as the video of the vows proves otherwise

I will follow the lawyers advice but I will raise your points, we really feel discriminated against.TO refuse applicants without gathering evidence is appalling enough but to fabricate it AND state it in the refusal letter, that just reeks of beloved. I am sorry as I am sure this statement would anger some members of this forum but I am the victim here and all our friends have assured us to be witnesses in court to vouch for us including my wifes work partners

I will keep this forum up to date on the status of my application but what worries me is my right to work, as my visa runs out on the 15th of July( part of the reason for refusal as well) so I will have to prove to my work that I am legal to work, hopefully my solicitor can help with this
EEA 4 applied - 15th November 2015
COA received - 18 Jan
Application Refused: 15th of April
Appeal: 16th of April
Reconsideration Letter sent: 16th April
Reapplied EEA 4: 24th October 2016
Payment Taken: 28th October 2016
RC: 23 May 2017

jayven

Post by jayven » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:18 am

my timeline:
sent eea2= 02/02/12
HO received= 03/02/12
COA= 02/05/12 ( 3months )
RC = no news

request passport back = 29/05/12
passport received = 06/06/12 without RC

hope everyone will receive it soon!!!!

zahirsona

Re: Received my RC!!!

Post by zahirsona » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:03 am

Congrats Zubby007 that's good news I am very happy for u the UKBA give u work permission In your COA or not did u send them any email or did u call them Once again congratulation.
My EEA time line
EEA2 send 20 January 2012(Unmarried partner)
HO received 23 January 2012
COA received 27 February 2011 issue date 24 February 2012 with right to work
RC no news ?????????
Send them email but still no reply
Zkhan

horizon1985

Post by horizon1985 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:25 am

Hi Guys,

My application has been refused as we failed to provide HO sufficient proof of self-employment of my wife for example (Invoices,banks statement showing money coming into the account on regular basis) etc . It is because when we made application in December, my wife just started to work as a self-employed. So we didn't have enough evidence of her way of earning money. Though we attached HM Revenue online self-employment registration letter. Accountant letter and her recent bank statements (of that time). I would say it is all because of the negligence of my solicitor. We could send updated documents to HO in march or April but he was out of UK. Anyway guys I need some advise that as HO gave me a right of appeal. My solicitor said that if we show them all these documents in tribunal we will win it. But I was thinking that to make fresh application again. I have no complain from HO except a minor that i wish they could ask me further documentation to satisfy this case but they didn't :/. but fair enough I can understand they deal thousands of application like that it is our duty to send them appropriate documents & satisfy all conditions. But definitely angry on my solicitor who could send it before decision being made. now Guys tell me please which is the best option to make a fresh application or go for appeal with relevant documents ?
your advise would be highly appreciated.
thanks

kingade

Post by kingade » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:17 am

mcovet wrote:

Hello mcovet.
can you please verify the statement you said below
"But don't give up, your 5 year time towards permanent residence is ticking from the date of your marriage and not from when they issue the card, so I would not worry TOO much about the time you are losing. "
That would really be a good news.

ikidunot
Newly Registered

Post by ikidunot » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:55 pm

When the passports are returned with the residence card from the UKBA, are the original supporting documents, such as certificates, pay slips, etc., returned as well?

ikidunot
Newly Registered

Post by ikidunot » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:03 pm

kingade wrote:
Hello mcovet.
"But don't give up, your 5 year time towards permanent residence is ticking from the date of your marriage and not from when they issue the card, so I would not worry TOO much about the time you are losing. "
See here: http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2011/05 ... nce-begin/

kingade

Post by kingade » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:08 pm

ikidunot wrote:
kingade wrote:
Hello mcovet.
See here: http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2011/05 ... nce-begin/
Thanks for the reference, so what this means is that if a non eu is married to an eea national for 3 years and bothe residing in uk for the 3 years before deciding to apply for eea1 and eea2.When they are issued RC for 5 years, does that mean they only need to wait for just 2 years more before they apply for their permanent resident since they already spent 3 years as resident.

kingade

Post by kingade » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:10 pm

mcovet wrote:

Good news
So what this means is that if a non eu is married to an eea national for 3 years and bothe residing in uk for the 3 years before deciding to apply for eea1 and eea2.When they are issued RC for 5 years, does that mean they only need to wait for just 2 years more before they apply for their permanent resident since they already spent 3 years as resident.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:39 pm

Remember this:

* Rights under EEA regulations are derived automatically by the actions of the EEA national.
* Residence documentation is optional.
* The HO just confirms existing rights. They don't confer them.

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:39 pm

I have just emailed our MP informing them of the refusal and asking them to find out why these lies have been put in place. I asked her to hold the home office accountable for their actions as I am still deeply upset

I have also sent out an email to news stories and the media so we get some exposure that might put the home office under pressure and stop them making these unacceptable decisions.

I will keep everyone updated on my case
COA received - 18 Jan

Cherry_xue
Newly Registered

Post by Cherry_xue » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:31 pm

Hi all I have good news. This morning the postman rang the bell at 8ish and it was my RC and all other documents I submitted. It came as such a big surprise. My husband and I moved house last weekend. I sent an email to home office to notify the change of address on Thursday night. I didn't get any reply to my email but this must have reminded them of my application so they processed it on Friday. I submitted on 10.Jan and until today it is 5 month + 13 days!

I hope everyone can get your RC back soon, and especially Samelamin - Hang on there and I know it is a struggle but I am sure your appeal will come through. All the best to everyone!!

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:48 pm

[quote="Cherry_xue"]Hi all I have good news. This morning the postman rang the bell at 8ish and it was my RC and all other documents I submitted. It came as such a big surprise. My husband and I moved house last weekend. I sent an email to home office to notify the change of address on Thursday night. I didn't get any reply to my email but this must have reminded them of my application so they processed it on Friday. I submitted on 10.Jan and until today it is 5 month + 13 days!

I hope everyone can get your RC back soon, and especially Samelamin - Hang on there and I know it is a struggle but I am sure your appeal will come through. All the best to everyone!![/quote]

Some good news at least

onthemoon
Newly Registered

eea2

Post by onthemoon » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:45 pm

it is absolutely against the human rights that UKBA decide eea2 application within 6months,because they decide application for studies,work and indefinite leave on the same day and application on marriage with british citizen within days.
I donot know why they take soo long in such an advanced country.
The eea2 application should be decided in one month or maximum in two months in complix situation,but in simple cases it sholuld be decided within days.
Therefore we all need to request the Govt to reduced the time limit to 1 to 2 months on humanterian basis.

brianslade9
Newly Registered

Re: eea2

Post by brianslade9 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:47 pm

I agree. Short in staff or anything else is a pathetic excuse. Since they are trying to fix the unemployment rate and their economy, why don't they just hire more people.

In fact, I am asking my husband to enquire the issue regarding the non-EEA family members of BRITISH citizen in his country; that's Germany. As I am curious if it also takes UP TO 6 months to deal with the residence permit of UK citizen's non-EEA family member. Maybe it does, maybe not. He says it's unlikely that Germans will deal with a single case for 6 months, however I still want he to call and ask the department responsible for this matter, and hopefully get the answer tomorrow.

I am trying to compile a database myself, about the timeline of EEA2 application. I gather data from this discussion thread mainly. It might be insignificant in terms of case numbers compared to the total EEA2 application UKBA receives. But it should still reveal some interesting aspects and examine the pattern of processing time, as current processing time on each case just varies dramatically, from less to 2 months to over 6 months, not to mention the extremely non-transparent procedure. From the 54 cases I have so far, the duration from application received by UKBA to RC received by applicants varies from 1month+27days to 6months+10days (roughly, I will make a more accurate calculation)

As it is an anonymous forum, it should not cause problems of privacy. I am also thinking about including the background of applicants in this, as it is quite often debated that UKBA does not treat each applicant fairly. Certainly they have every right to reject people trying to settle through obviously illegal ways, but it is not really acceptable that legitimate applicants should suffer the anxiety caused by the long wait due to their lack of organisation.

Any suggestions, comments or ideas are very much welcome and appreciated.

Best wishes to those who are still waiting, including myself, and very much congratulations to those having the precious RC in hands!

onthemoon wrote:it is absolutely against the human rights that UKBA decide eea2 application within 6months,because they decide application for studies,work and indefinite leave on the same day and application on marriage with british citizen within days.
The eea2 application should be decided in one month or maximum in two months in complix situation,but in simple cases it sholuld be decided within days.
Therefore we all need to request the Govt to reduced the time limit to 1 to 2 months on humanterian basis.

GMB
United States of America

Post by GMB » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:37 am

Here's my timeline so far:

EEA2 application sent: 11 June
EEA2 application received at Liverpool: 12 June
Return of passports requested: 13 June
Certificate of Application received: 22 June
Passports received: 23 June

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:16 am

brianslade9 wrote:I agree. Short in staff or anything else is a pathetic excuse. Since they are trying to fix the unemployment rate and their economy, why don't they just hire more people.

In fact, I am asking my husband to enquire the issue regarding the non-EEA family members of BRITISH citizen in his country; that's Germany. As I am curious if it also takes UP TO 6 months to deal with the residence permit of UK citizen's non-EEA family member. Maybe it does, maybe not. He says it's unlikely that Germans will deal with a single case for 6 months, however I still want he to call and ask the department responsible for this matter, and hopefully get the answer tomorrow.

I am trying to compile a database myself, about the timeline of EEA2 application. I gather data from this discussion thread mainly. It might be insignificant in terms of case numbers compared to the total EEA2 application UKBA receives. But it should still reveal some interesting aspects and examine the pattern of processing time, as current processing time on each case just varies dramatically, from less to 2 months to over 6 months, not to mention the extremely non-transparent procedure. From the 54 cases I have so far, the duration from application received by UKBA to RC received by applicants varies from 1month+27days to 6months+10days (roughly, I will make a more accurate calculation)

As it is an anonymous forum, it should not cause problems of privacy. I am also thinking about including the background of applicants in this, as it is quite often debated that UKBA does not treat each applicant fairly. Certainly they have every right to reject people trying to settle through obviously illegal ways, but it is not really acceptable that legitimate applicants should suffer the anxiety caused by the long wait due to their lack of organisation.

Any suggestions, comments or ideas are very much welcome and appreciated.

Best wishes to those who are still waiting, including myself, and very much congratulations to those having the precious RC in hands!

onthemoon wrote:it is absolutely against the human rights that UKBA decide eea2 application within 6months,because they decide application for studies,work and indefinite leave on the same day and application on marriage with british citizen within days.
You may not like the way the UK is doing it or find out that other countries process the application much quicker, but as long as the UK issue a CoA immediately (which they currrently not doing) and the RC within 6 months, they comply with the EEA regulations. I agree this can cause difficulties to people and maybe affect their rights but I don't think you can classify it as human rights issue.

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:46 am

the EU law allows states to take up to a maximum of 6 months to confirm your right. The "Govt" has nothing to do with it. And, by the way, all the other applications carry a hefty hefty fee. Considering that EEA applications are free...UKBA operate within the legal time limit, nothing you can do. No need to confuse things. Please get your facts right before making such strong allegations.

kaycee89
Newly Registered

EEA 2 - right of retention

Post by kaycee89 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:00 pm

My update as of 25/6/2012

EEA 2 application made 22/3/2012
Application received by HO 23/3/2012
COA - received 25/6/2012, dated 21/6/2012 (after making several phone calls and asking my solicitor to write to HO).
RC - awaiting

The wait continues - good luck to all.

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:03 pm

Well we have just submitted our appeal online and we will post all the necessary documents tomorrow.

Quick note, a free advice help line informed us that on some occasions when there is more than enough evidence provided the tribunal automatically makes a decision even if an oral hearing is requested

can anyone verify this?
COA received - 18 Jan

angel25
Sri Lanka

Post by angel25 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:33 pm

any updates people?has anyone rcvd thier rc this week?May applicants COA?its been 6 weeks no COA yet? worth calling you think?

alex_london
Newly Registered

Post by alex_london » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:43 pm

hi guys my story. eea2 application sent on 12 of December 2011. coa received on 06 of january 2012. RC received on 18 of june . 6 months total as an unmarried partner. no right to work on my coa. thanks guys and good luck to every one

angel25
Sri Lanka

Post by angel25 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:53 pm

congratulations !! all the best in your future. :D

danz
Newly Registered

Post by danz » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:16 pm

I called HO today and they told me is been dispatch to me today, waiting for the post to arrive by the end of the week hopefully with My R.C,

all the best for all.

Timeline
EEA1 + EEA2 Application sent: 17/12/11
Rcvd 19/12/11
Coa: 25/1/12
Eea1 and my wife passport rcvd: 26/1/12 (without requesting)
RC: ???