ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gkskumar12

Spouse Visa

Post by gkskumar12 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:28 pm

Hi
I am applying for Spouse Visa for my wife.
Please some one clarify my doubts please

1.I was full time Employed till Jan 2012, i resigned my job and went to India and got married in Feb.
I came back in March and registered as self employed and started working as
a Taxi driver, as i have PCO licence.

Now what documents should i provide to Embassy in India, being a self employed.
I was depositing cash and cheques in my bank, what ever i was paid and the accountant said he will make a statement and give me.
Is this statement enough, to prove my income, as i have a P45 till Jan to prove previous years income.
As a a self employed i dont have any previous record, please advise.

Next i am planning to rent a single bed room house from next month, is this ok?This will be after my wife applies for visa.

Please clarify my doubts.

Many thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:48 pm

You'll need to have suitable accommodation for the actual application rather than leaving this until after. Where are you living now?

The following assumes she will be applying before 9th July:
HMRC registration, bank statements, and a letter from your accountant (Chartered?) should be acceptable if the level of income vs expenditure is not so low that you can't live within your means. Your past income from your old job is not really relevant unless it still exists in the from of savings held in your account.

Is she is applying after 9th July let me know and I'll direct you to the information necessary for that situation.

gkskumar12

Post by gkskumar12 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:02 pm

Pls advise what precautions i need to take after 9th of July.
And till now from March i have paid about £7000 in my account.
So please advise what i need to be careful.

Regarding house contract , is it ok to just sign on a WH smith house contract forms.
And from your experience does the embassy contact the landlord?????

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:06 pm

The immigration rules are changing from 09-Jul-12.

Gist of the changes relevant to your spouse - You'll need to have an annual gross income of 18600 to sponsor your spouse on settlement visa and the qualifying residence period for settlement will be 5 years.

Read the Statement of Intent and Annex FM for more details.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!