ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Old passport as Supporting document and questions on dates

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Glc

Old passport as Supporting document and questions on dates

Post by Glc » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:52 pm

I am in the process of applying for naturalisation for my kids and myself. My application is on the basis that my spouse is already naturalised and we have been given the ILR 3 years ago (February 2009). The ILR stamps are in our current passports which I have. However, Our old/expired passports are now lost. Hence, there's no way i can provide them as supporting documents.

Questions:

1. Will I still be required to submit our old passports as a supporting document given our above status and situation? If yes, what can we submit in lieu? I am not working at the moment; therefore, I can't provide any employment contracts or documents.

2. There's a section in my application asking me to provide my address for the past five years. The first two years I was living abroad. Should I put my address abroad?

3. Since our old passports are lost, I don't have any proof on the dates that I was away although I have proof on the date that I came back as it is stamped on my current passport. Is it acceptable to just give an estimate on the date of my departure?

4. In my children's application, there's a section asking us to indicate my children's addresses for the last 5 years in the uk. We first arrived in the uk in 2004, left in 2006 and came back in 2009. Since we have breen resident in the uk for less than 5 years, should I indicate all our address from 2004?

I know these may be silly questions but we hope to process our application without delay. Thanks!

asim72
BANNED

Re: Old passport as Supporting document and questions on dat

Post by asim72 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:27 pm

Glc wrote:
You are getting confused here. UKBA is asking nowhere to provide old documents. You have just cooked up requirements in your head, which in reality do not exist.

Because you are applying as spouse of a british citizen, all you need is time spent outside in past 3 years. This three years are to be calculated backwards from the date you apply for naturalisation. eg if you apply in July 2012, you have to mention absences from July 2009.

It does not matter if previous passports were lost or stolen by aliens or whatever else

Questions:

1. Will I still be required to submit our old passports as a supporting document given our above status and situation? If yes, what can we submit in lieu? I am not working at the moment; therefore, I can't provide any employment contracts or documents.

There is no situation and there are no documents to be submitted apart from your current passport. There is no requirement for any employment contracts or anything. If you are signing in jobcentre, then enter their details as employers.

2. There's a section in my application asking me to provide my address for the past five years. The first two years I was living abroad. Should I put my address abroad?

An address is an address is an address. An address in UK is an address, and an address in swaziland is also an address.

3. Since our old passports are lost, I don't have any proof on the dates that I was away although I have proof on the date that I came back as it is stamped on my current passport. Is it acceptable to just give an estimate on the date of my departure?

You just need to give details of 3 years, immediately preceeding your application. Nothing else.

4. In my children's application, there's a section asking us to indicate my children's addresses for the last 5 years in the uk. We first arrived in the uk in 2004, left in 2006 and came back in 2009. Since we have breen resident in the uk for less than 5 years, should I indicate all our address from 2004?

Read my reply for 2.

I know these may be silly questions but we hope to process our application without delay. Thanks!

Glc

Post by Glc » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:44 pm

Thanks for your reply, asim72. I told you these may be silly questions but then again who wants to spend £2k only to have your application refused? I was just worried that ukba may be too strict on the dates that you put on your application that they would require us to attach supporting documents which in my case my old passports with all my entry and exit dates in uk stamped.. Nonetheless, I appreciate your reply.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:50 pm

The requirement in your application is, to provide absense details 3 years preceeding the application. They cannot be strict on something which they do not require of you.