ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

annpgeorge

Re: Life in the UK pass cert

Post by annpgeorge » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:40 pm

zara2012 wrote:
annpgeorge wrote:I just noticed that I did not get back my Life in the UK pass cert. Should they have returned it?
No body gets their certificates back as HO keep them for the record. We were told this at NCS. Hope this help.
Thank you for that.

Another qn - My entry visa was on one passport which I renewed within
the last 3 years and my new/current passport had my ILR sticker. I sent both passports. Now when I checked the returned envelope, there is only 1 passport. the covering letter states 2 passports as enclosures but only one was actually in the envelope.

Any ideas on what I can do to get my previous passport. It is of no use but I would like to have it for documentation (evidence of previous travel visas)

ilrbuddy1
Newly Registered

UKBA Stats for applications till 31 March 2012

Post by ilrbuddy1 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:19 pm

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... 022986.pdf

Above gives some insight why most applicants who applied in march and onwards are still waiting for approval.

zara2012
Newly Registered

Post by zara2012 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:16 pm

the last 3 years and my new/current passport had my ILR sticker. I sent both passports. Now when I checked the returned envelope, there is only 1 passport. the covering letter states 2 passports as enclosures but only one was actually in the envelope.

Any ideas on what I can do to get my previous passport. It is of no use but I would like to have it for documentation (evidence of previous travel visas)[/quote]

Human error occurred!
I think you should write a letter to home office. Ask for your passport to be located and returned to you. When writing the letter state your reference number from the acknowledgement letter and your unreturned passport number (hope u would have a copy of that). You can also ask the moderator they might have professional view over this matter.

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Re: UKBA Stats for applications till 31 March 2012

Post by jms_uk » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:34 pm

ilrbuddy1 wrote:http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... 022986.pdf

Above gives some insight why most applicants who applied in march and onwards are still waiting for approval.
That is some serious backlog. :shock:

I also wonder if the higher number of applications in March was connected to the increase in fees?

annpgeorge

Post by annpgeorge » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:31 pm

zara2012 wrote:

Any ideas on what I can do to get my previous passport. It is of no use but I would like to have it for documentation (evidence of previous travel visas)

Human error occurred!
I think you should write a letter to home office. Ask for your passport to be located and returned to you. When writing the letter state your reference number from the acknowledgement letter and your unreturned passport number (hope u would have a copy of that). You can also ask the moderator they might have professional view over this matter.
Thanks Zara. I think I will post this qn in a separate topic and see if others have had this happen to them

MTZ01
Newly Registered

Post by MTZ01 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:12 am

Just to ask the forum, does the HO send the aproval letter on Royal Mail special delivery or what?

As i have a letter sent to me which needed my signature and i want hm so i have to colect it and they have ticked that is is a letter. Just want to know if HO do send normal post or not.

Thanks

peace31
Newly Registered

Post by peace31 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:24 am

MTZ01 wrote:Just to ask the forum, does the HO send the aproval letter on Royal Mail special delivery or what?

As i have a letter sent to me which needed my signature and i want hm so i have to colect it and they have ticked that is is a letter. Just want to know if HO do send normal post or not.

Thanks
Depends on if you did include a signed for envelop with your application thn if you did you will be always able to check it out online with your Tracker N that was provided in the first time u did sent the application at the post office.

If not i wouldn't think it will be signed for ! But i may be wrong .

MTZ01
Newly Registered

Post by MTZ01 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:33 am

peace31 wrote:
MTZ01 wrote:Just to ask the forum, does the HO send the aproval letter on Royal Mail special delivery or what?

Thanks
Depends on if you did include a signed for envelop with your application thn if you did you will be always able to check it out online with your Tracker N that was provided in the first time u did sent the application at the post office.

If not i wouldn't think it will be signed for ! But i may be wrong .
thanks Peace31 for the quick reply. No i did not include a pre-paid envelope at all. i sent it via NCS thats it.

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:12 pm

MTZ01 wrote:
thanks Peace31 for the quick reply. No i did not include a pre-paid envelope at all. i sent it via NCS thats it.
If envelope is not included with the application, usually it will be sent in RM 2nd class. If you have read this thread, a lot of people complain about using RM 2nd class.

sheryar.uk
Newly Registered

Can any body help???

Post by sheryar.uk » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:25 pm

Canmy wife apply indefinite leave to remain in the UK as suppose of BritishNational?

My wife came to UK inApril 2007 as dependant of Work Permit Holder, as at that time I was on workpermit (TWES).

I applied for”indefinite leave to remain” on 23/01/11 on the basis of long residency in theUK and was granted an indefinite leave to remain on 20th February 2011. SubsequentlyI had to change my wife immigration status and she applied for leave to remainin as a “suppose of settled person in the UK “and was granted 2 years extensionon 13/06/2011.

I have recentlyobtained my British citizenship on 14/05/12 and also my two sons who are bornin the UK are British nationals.

In total my wife has beenliving in the UK for 5 years and 2 months (i.e. 4 years 2 months as a dependentof work permit holder and 1 year as a dependent of a person present and settledin UK). Is she eligible to apply for “indefinite leave to remain” now as shehas already lived here more than 5 years as my wife (dependant)? Or does sheneed to wait until June 2013 (i.e. completion of 2 years as dependent of personpresent and settled in UK)?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Can any body help???

Post by Jambo » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:46 pm

sheryar.uk wrote:Canmy wife apply indefinite leave to remain in the UK as suppose of BritishNational?

My wife came to UK inApril 2007 as dependant of Work Permit Holder, as at that time I was on workpermit (TWES).

I applied for”indefinite leave to remain” on 23/01/11 on the basis of long residency in theUK and was granted an indefinite leave to remain on 20th February 2011. SubsequentlyI had to change my wife immigration status and she applied for leave to remainin as a “suppose of settled person in the UK “and was granted 2 years extensionon 13/06/2011.

I have recentlyobtained my British citizenship on 14/05/12 and also my two sons who are bornin the UK are British nationals.

In total my wife has beenliving in the UK for 5 years and 2 months (i.e. 4 years 2 months as a dependentof work permit holder and 1 year as a dependent of a person present and settledin UK). Is she eligible to apply for “indefinite leave to remain” now as shehas already lived here more than 5 years as my wife (dependant)? Or does sheneed to wait until June 2013 (i.e. completion of 2 years as dependent of personpresent and settled in UK)?
You are more likely to get answers if you ask in the ILR section of the forum.

As far as I know (and I'm not an expert on ILR), she doesn't need to complete 2 years on the spouse visa and can apply now for settlement (as she has been more than 2 years in the UK).

zara2012
Newly Registered

Post by zara2012 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:05 pm

Hello everyone,

We had our British Citizenship ceremony today. It was such an amazing and proud experience.
After the ceremony we straight went to the post office and sent our passport applications off through check and send.
I sincerely wish all of you good luck!!

koga00
Newly Registered

Cert of Regiastration

Post by koga00 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:33 pm

Hello Guyz
I was wondering if anybody could help out with this issue.
I'm new to the board so any info will be highly appreciated.
My dad is looking for a way to get his cert of reg when he was registered as a British Subject and a Citizen of UK and Colonies in 1957.
He wqas issued with the old blue style passport back then as well.
We contacted the passport office to get a new passport and we were told that we would need to submit the old style passport and his cert of Reg for the application as that is waht will give him his connection to British citizenship.
The problem were having is,as far as he knows,he was registered back in 1957 but he wasn't given any cert of reg when he did it in Nigeria.
We assume (just as the email i got from the National Archive) that first the certificate was submitted with first time applications them and we don't even know the Cert Number.
My question is does anyone have any idea how we can go about getting the Cert of Reg as this is our only link to getting the British Passport.

Also let me mention that,according to the 1981 Act, he can only get the British Citizenship if he was Registered as a citizen of UK and Colonies which was introduced by the 1948 Act.

Cheerssssssssssssss

Crazydude30
Newly Registered

Post by Crazydude30 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:02 am

I've finally received my approval letter this Saturday it was dated 25th June, now waiting for the invitation letter to arrive

Eligibility criteria: civil partner of british citizen
Method of application: postal
Date receipt by UKBA: 20th March 2012
Date of debit of fees: 24th March 2012
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 29th March dated 24th March
Date of approval: 30th June (dated 25th June)
Invitation letter:
Date of ceremony:

Does anyone know how long will take me to get this invitation letter?

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:40 pm

Crazydude30 wrote:
mine arrived within a week after the approval letter

boudia
Newly Registered

Post by boudia » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:45 am

manoj123 wrote:
Crazydude30 wrote:
mine arrived within a week after the approval letter

i just call HO they say to me my application is in suspence .i dont know what that mean

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:51 am

boudia wrote:
i just call HO they say to me my application is in suspence .i dont know what that mean
You mean suspense? That is a very strange status update. Do not worry too much. Sometimes the call center do not have latest updates.

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread about calling UKBA after getting the approval letter and was told their application is in queue.

boudia
Newly Registered

Post by boudia » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:03 am

manoj123 wrote:
boudia wrote:
You mean suspense? That is a very strange status update. Do not worry too much. Sometimes the call center do not have latest updates.

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread about calling UKBA after getting the approval letter and was told their application is in queue.

yes ,the lady from HO said SUSPENSE sorry i wrote wrong the word . thanks manoj

darksun

Post by darksun » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:23 pm

Hey guys&girls,

I tried to 2 times to call call center to get some sort of update but was unsuccessful both times. People who get an update, my question is to you :)
What do you say? What do you ask to be able to get a piece of information ? :)

Thanks!

girlpower19818

Post by girlpower19818 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:52 pm

darksun wrote:Hey guys&girls,

I tried to 2 times to call call center to get some sort of update but was unsuccessful both times. People who get an update, my question is to you :)
What do you say? What do you ask to be able to get a piece of information ? :)

Thanks!

Hi there
Trying to get information before 6 months is difficult and will normally depend on your luck to be honest. Some people try saying things like "I am having problems with my mail and would like to know if any mail has been sent out". This will not tell you the progress but at least tell you if approval letter is on it's way. Some people lie and say they did not get their acknowledgement letter only to be told never mind as a decision has been made and you will here from us soon. :lol:
People have had to be creative to get any kind of information from homeoffice as even after the 6 months is up, there is not much useful information you get from them.
Good luck and i hope you will get some information about your application progress.

ilrbuddy1
Newly Registered

Anyone from April

Post by ilrbuddy1 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:14 pm

Anyone from April with approval?

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Re: Anyone from April

Post by jms_uk » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:34 pm

ilrbuddy1 wrote:Anyone from April with approval?
There is one in April club topic.

Crazydude30
Newly Registered

Post by Crazydude30 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:14 pm

Darksun, I wish you luck....I tried to ring them several times with all different stories trying to get some information but without luck, my application has been approved now it took just over 3 months, the only time I managed to get an update it was when I requested them to send my passports back I needed them because I had a holiday booked, they said I was on the main system and they could send my passports back but in some occasions it could have a delay which wasn't the case because I had an answer just a week after I rang them.

darksun

Post by darksun » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:33 pm

Thanks everyone. It's gonna be 3 months soon for me. I tried to call HO twice and no luck :)

I hope i'll be hearing soon. Good luck to everyone and congrats who got their approval!

sun_ilr

Post by sun_ilr » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:21 pm

Hi Guys,

i had my ilr done last year and now looking forward to next step of citizenship.

Can any one tell me under the application form they have mentioned 2 refrees? do they contact the refrees via letter or its just for reference?

Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks,