ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE HELP - PREGNANT AND AWAITING SPOUSE VISA DECISION

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rainbow24

PLEASE HELP - PREGNANT AND AWAITING SPOUSE VISA DECISION

Post by rainbow24 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:26 pm

This question is for John but also for anyone else out there who may know the answer to this quesiton or can give any advice. PLEASE HELP!!!

I am currently awaiting a decision regarding my husbands spouse visa (he lived here in the UK illegally for 6 years). At the moment he is living in Pakistan and I am in the UK about to give birth to his child any day now. We have submitted our documents to Islamabad BHC and the decision should come in February 2006.

I am really anxious because if he does not get his visa I would have to wait 12 months for an appeal. This would mean him losing out on 12 months (and more) of his sons life. It's bad enough not having him here for the birth, but not being allowed to spend the first year with his baby is terrible and can have a damaging affect on both father and son.

I am wondeirng, would I have the right to appeal sooner because there is a child involved? Now believe me, I am not using the fact that I have a child to skip the queue, I am just really concerned about the length of time my husband and my son would be apart from each other.

I have heard about Human Rights Appeal. How does this work? What are my options. Please help.

rainbow24

Post by rainbow24 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:36 pm

Just wanted to add to my previous message that I would try my best to take our son to Pakistan to see him if the visa is rejected, however I am concerned about the conditions of living in Pakistan especially where my husband comes from. He stays in a village where there is a high risk of all sorts of diseases, and there is no clean running water. My friend has recently come back from the same village with her newborn and told me her baby was sick the whole time. I also came back from Pakistan in August having spent only 1 week there. I had a very bad stomach ache and infection and had to take a course of antibiotics. Above everthing, the roads are dangerous there, they drive cars with no seatbelts and the village roads are even more dangerous. I am not exagerating, you have to drive up a hill to get to the village, one wrong turn and you've had it. I don't want to return to Pakistan if I can help it...I desperately need someones help.

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:27 pm

Why so negative and assume that your husband will get his visa application refused? Did you ensure you had all your paperwork in order before you submitted the application? If so, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about and inshahallah your husband will get his visa soon.

Filing a fresh application is one option, although it depends on the reasons of refusal so you can't start preparing for that until you know the outcome.

And if it does come it, living in pak isn't that bad....although it depends whereabouts you live I guess. I lived with my husband in pak for 6 months while we were waiting for our appeal to go through and didn't have any problems (we lived in islamabad)

And just to give you further hope.....my husband's application was processed in 8 weeks, so it was a nice surprise to get a call from the fed ex guys telling us to collect the passport cos we weren't execting to hear anything for another 6 or so weeks.