ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-2 Employer is my husband

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ish51

Tier-2 Employer is my husband

Post by Ish51 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:40 pm

I have one doubt if My husband is on tier-1 general visa and holds tier-2 employer license (have own business) then can he issue me a work permit IF REQUIRED and currently I am dependent on my husband.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:52 am

If you have a PBS Dependant visa you can work for your husband's company within the terms of your visa.

It is not clear what you mean by your husband holding a "tier-2 employer license". If you mean a Tier 2 sponsor licence then your husband's company could indeed sponsor you as a Tier 2 General migrant, otherwise it would have to obtain a sponsor licence first.

Ish51

Tier 2 sponsor licence

Post by Ish51 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:01 am

Correct me if I am wrong that I can transfer from PBS dependent to Tier-2 visa even If Tier-2 employer is my husband company.

The idea behind this is in case my husband visa which is tier-1 is not renewed then he can be my dependent (Tier-2 dependent). Hope it make sense.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:43 am

It makes no difference whose company it is, if they are a T2 licensed sponsor they can sponsor you. After they have assigned a CoS to you you will have to apply for entry clearance from abroad. Both the sponsor company and you have to comply with current immigration rules set out in the respective guidance documents.