ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife as dependent on ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chamelion

Wife as dependent on ILR application

Post by chamelion » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:52 pm

Hi all,

Am in a bit of a pickle and hoping you guys can help figure out my issue.

Key dates:

- I apply for ILR in September after 5 years of points based stay
- Married my wife June 2011. We have lived in the same house since March 2011 - either case, <2 years. She's lived in the UK for a few years - first as Tier 2, and is currently Tier1 dependent of mine.
- Prior to that we lived together at my old house, although she had her own place. Only evidence we may be able to show on that front is a NHS registration evidence (that she gave my address registering for NHS from >2 years ago from September) and maybe a credit card for which she is an additional card holder and has my address listed on it, again from >2 years ago as of September.

Based on the above, could we apply for her as my dependent on ILR, showing for the first 6 months the credit card + NHS evidence, and for the remaining 18 months all of our bills etc from the house we live in now?

We're desperate for this as given the rules change (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -migration) from July 9th, it means if we can't apply for her as a dependent it won't be for another 3 years that we can actually apply for her ILR.

Key bits here I guess are 1) 'do we need to have been married for 2 years or just cohabitating with shared finances etc similar to marriage for 2 years?' and 2) 'do we have enough evidence to show the 2 years bit?'

Appreciate any thoughts / advice.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:34 pm

FAQs for ILR - WP/Tier 2/HSMP/Tier 1 - Read before posting
Q0, Q12, Q13 & Q19.

319E(d).

Since you two will not have been married for 2 years when you become eligible for settlement, the documentary evidences to prove cohabitation (for at least 2 years) will be key.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!