ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Charlie101
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 APPLICATION CASE ID

Post by Charlie101 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:58 pm

zubby007 wrote:
Charlie101 wrote:Hello Everybody.
Let me use this opportunity to thank all the members for the priceless contributions in this forum,This has been really helpful to people like us and others like me who would need it in future.Keep on the good work.
I am new here.I relocated officially with my lovely GF(French) to UK in Febuary 2012.I was issued my EEA1 family permit in Shanghai.P.R China(Outside UK).
My GF was already employed before coming to UK because it was an internal company international transfer.
Upon arrival,we rented a house,registered with NI,NHS and council tax.
I applied for my EEA2 on 20th April 2012,Then after 2months(Exactly),I sent an email requesting for my COA(As i read on this forum that they were supposed to send it within 4weeks after application) or any proof of application as i was curious that maybe they forgot or abandoned my application(I have been reading a lot of dissapointment on this forum).
About 10days ago,i recieved a letter from this HO address as below together with my application and passports/my GFs ID and documents i sent to them during the application.
The department is:

Permanent Migration
Department 66
Liverpool
L2 0QN

Stating that for CONFIRMATION of my RESIDENCE STATUS IN UK, i need to provide more documentary evidence of(Originals) from UK.

1. New Eviodence of Relationship (C) as we are unmarried couple.
2.Exercising treaty Right (D)
(Note that we moved to UK not because we wanted to,since i still have my business running in Asia and still have a Shanghai residence permit,but because my GF was transfered by her office and she needed my support,i had to come with her and the UKBA know this fact as our relation is more than 5years and counting.All docs was submmited during our 1hr face to face migration interview with UKBA office in british consulate shanghai including her new UK job contract)

Luckily for us,we had all the new document they requested on this new list(Which i beleive we do till they say otherwise) :) .
We reapplied the next day and they have recieved the new application on 25th june and we attached all the documents and the same application form they sent back after updating it as i see no need for new application.
The questions i want to ask are :

1.What is the actual job of this department 66?
2.From the letter i recieved,i have already been given a CASE ID,does this mean that someone have been assigned to deal with my application?
3.From your experience,which timeline would i be expecting since i BELIEVE that i have provided all the documents they requested.Would they treat my application as new one from 25th June?
4. What are the chances of refusing a legitimate application like ours for EEA2 and what are the common reasons for such refusals since they are mandated by Law to give reasons for EEA Applications refusals(Just curious on this 4th question)?
5.As my EEA1 will expire by end of July,do i need to reapply for a new EEA1 while still waiting for the EEA2 RC as i am already overdew for travel to Asia.What is the best way to do this if need be?

God bless you all.

I believe EEA2 applications should send to this address, correct me if I'm wrong.
UK Border Agency
European Applications EEA2
PO Box 306
Dept 110
Liverpool
L2 0QN
I was asked to send the new application to the address on my letter.Dont know why.

MONIQUITA
Newly Registered

Post by MONIQUITA » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:14 pm

Hi

I have been reading this forum, which helped me to reduce the anxiety of waiting for my husband RC. He is from Western Africa, I am Spanish with Western Africa origin. Unfrotunately it has been refused on the basis that we have no showed enough evidence of living (despite rental agreement with both names was enclosed), and not enough proof of my self-employment status (a certificate of self-employment, the 14 invoices and H&R payments were also enclosed). Moreover, they expected original bank statements. I do not understand why original is highligthed and in bold, like suggesting the ones they recieved were fake!?Those statements were issued by the bank.

The worst thing is that they have not given back most of the invoices nor the certificate of self-employment. So of course they do not have enough evidence because they have lost it and not taken into consideration other. I am really dissapointed. It is appalling how bad a public organization can work. My feeling of what has happened? After recieveing a kind, not threatening email, which targeted all the HO departments involved and not involved, requesting update info about the progress of the appication, they got in a rush of dealing with it, and a lazy caseworker considered it was easier for him to refuse and get rid of it. I just came to the conclusion they may need a target of refusals to achieve. Also they earn money with the appeal, in our case merely 10 days,I still do not know which is the fee. This is completely unfair for our lifes and our little child.

May I ask Samelamin, to whom I have been supporting silently, how your appeal is going and some advice here, please? We are thinking of a solicitor services because it is too much for us emotionally.

Timeline

EEA2 dated 16 January
COA received 16 February
Spanish passport requested : 7h June
Spanish passport received : 13 June
Massive email of request/complain : 25 June
Refusal letter recieved : 2 July
Refusal letter issued : 26 June (just one day after my email!!

I am travelling to Spain with the baby today, and this is honestly the worst it could happen to us. If the appeal is not succesful he will have to leave the country by the time we are returning...

That is simply bad.

Good luck to those waiting.
[/u]

kenna
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 APPLICATION CASE ID

Post by kenna » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:02 pm

Charlie101 wrote:
zubby007 wrote:
Charlie101 wrote:Hello Everybody.
Let me use this opportunity to thank all the members for the priceless contributions in this forum,This has been really helpful to people like us and others like me who would need it in future.Keep on the good work.
I am new here.I relocated officially with my lovely GF(French) to UK in Febuary 2012.I was issued my EEA1 family permit in Shanghai.P.R China(Outside UK).
My GF was already employed before coming to UK because it was an internal company international transfer.
Upon arrival,we rented a house,registered with NI,NHS and council tax.
I applied for my EEA2 on 20th April 2012,Then after 2months(Exactly),I sent an email requesting for my COA(As i read on this forum that they were supposed to send it within 4weeks after application) or any proof of application as i was curious that maybe they forgot or abandoned my application(I have been reading a lot of dissapointment on this forum).
About 10days ago,i recieved a letter from this HO address as below together with my application and passports/my GFs ID and documents i sent to them during the application.
The department is:

Permanent Migration
Department 66
Liverpool
L2 0QN

Stating that for CONFIRMATION of my RESIDENCE STATUS IN UK, i need to provide more documentary evidence of(Originals) from UK.

1. New Eviodence of Relationship (C) as we are unmarried couple.
2.Exercising treaty Right (D)
(Note that we moved to UK not because we wanted to,since i still have my business running in Asia and still have a Shanghai residence permit,but because my GF was transfered by her office and she needed my support,i had to come with her and the UKBA know this fact as our relation is more than 5years and counting.All docs was submmited during our 1hr face to face migration interview with UKBA office in british consulate shanghai including her new UK job contract)

Luckily for us,we had all the new document they requested on this new list(Which i beleive we do till they say otherwise) :) .
We reapplied the next day and they have recieved the new application on 25th june and we attached all the documents and the same application form they sent back after updating it as i see no need for new application.
The questions i want to ask are :

1.What is the actual job of this department 66?
2.From the letter i recieved,i have already been given a CASE ID,does this mean that someone have been assigned to deal with my application?
3.From your experience,which timeline would i be expecting since i BELIEVE that i have provided all the documents they requested.Would they treat my application as new one from 25th June?
4. What are the chances of refusing a legitimate application like ours for EEA2 and what are the common reasons for such refusals since they are mandated by Law to give reasons for EEA Applications refusals(Just curious on this 4th question)?
5.As my EEA1 will expire by end of July,do i need to reapply for a new EEA1 while still waiting for the EEA2 RC as i am already overdew for travel to Asia.What is the best way to do this if need be?

God bless you all.

I believe EEA2 applications should send to this address, correct me if I'm wrong.
UK Border Agency
European Applications EEA2
PO Box 306
Dept 110
Liverpool
L2 0QN
I was asked to send the new application to the address on my letter.Dont know why.

Which email address did you send an email requesting for a COA ???

gamextar
Newly Registered

Post by gamextar » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:05 pm

Ati wrote:Hi . Any body who sent their application on (may 2012 )can tell us that they got reply from ukba ( coa or any reply) or waiting
I've sent my EEA1/EEA2 app on 16/05 stiill no COA. I'm Spanish married with no EU. =)

satty
Newly Registered

about COA and biometrics

Post by satty » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:33 pm

Ati wrote:Hi . Any body who sent their application on (may 2012 )can tell us that they got reply from ukba ( coa or any reply) or waiting

hi everyone......i have been following this forum from a quite some time and it's really helpful...
i just want somebody explain me about COA and my solicitor said iam going to receive a biometrics this week.but i dont remember anyone mentioned anything about biometrics on this forum....could someone explain me about it.
can anyone tell me if i can apply for a new job using COA?

my time line
eea2 sent 25th may
waiting for COA

will be grateful for the advice....thank you

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:55 pm

satty wrote:

hi everyone......i have been following this forum from a quite some time and it's really helpful...
i just want somebody explain me about COA and my solicitor said iam going to receive a biometrics this week.but i dont remember anyone mentioned anything about biometrics on this forum....could someone explain me about it.
can anyone tell me if i can apply for a new job using COA?

my time line
eea2 sent 25th may
waiting for COA

will be grateful for the advice....thank you
CoA is Certicate of Application. It's a letter from the HO acknowledging the receipt of the application. It also confirms your right of employment (if you have this right).

On what basis did you apply for EEA2?

Biometrics are not required for application under EEA applications. It sounds that your solicitor is not very familiar with such applications.

MONIQUITA
Newly Registered

Post by MONIQUITA » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Hello again

One day without news, either bad or good, from nobody. I guess people is just waiting and no one has recieved RCs or refusal letters today. I also guess Samelamin is quite busy because it is been a while since his last post. I am particularly interested in knowing the result of his appeal and in his approach to media. His advice, or any other´s regarding appeal, would be most appreciated, indeed.

In the meantime, my worst criticisms go to HO and their wide proof of incompetence of their work. I bet real convenience marriages get their approval readily and yet, they make lots of true families undergo the hell of their wrong judgement, preventing them from staying together and impairing in a great extent their lifes. I just throw several question: Is it really the price to pay for wanting to be a legal citizen in a an alien country, with or without family? Do British people go through similar processes under other countries´s immigration laws? Can the party in the government be considered full liable because of their agenda on the matter?

Good luck to all those waiting a response.

Best regards

thsths

Post by thsths » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:29 pm

MONIQUITA wrote:The worst thing is that they have not given back most of the invoices nor the certificate of self-employment.
I would send a letter of complaint. Do you need these documents? You should certainly ask them to reimburse your costs of getting another copy. I hope you have a copy of the original documents.

Maybe you can also ask for reconsideration, but that is unlikely. So you have the choice of reapplying or appeal.
I just came to the conclusion they may need a target of refusals to achieve.
That may all be true, and the standard of service is certainly terrible. But I think you should stay focussed and constructive. You can complain to Solvit and the European Commissions, if you like, and the later may certainly have some effect at some point.
Also they earn money with the appeal, in our case merely 10 days,I still do not know which is the fee.
You should get the cost of the appeal and all the others costs back. It is not easy, but it is your right.
We are thinking of a solicitor services because it is too much for us emotionally.
I know what you mean, but you have to stay cold and calculating about this.
If the appeal is not succesful he will have to leave the country by the time we are returning...
No, he does not. The legal hurdles for that are much higher, because they have to prove that you are not exercising treaty rights. Not exercising treaty rights is difficult to start with, and proving it even more so.

Ati
Newly Registered

Post by Ati » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:16 pm

No reply from may 2012 application. Ho become busy bcz of olympics?

zahirsona

Post by zahirsona » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:32 pm

Hi guys I received my documents with refusal latter becouse insufficient documents refusal latter issue 21st June 2012
EEA2 send 20 January 2012
HO Received 23 January 2012
COA received 27 February 2012 with right to work
Documents received with refusal latter 4 July 2012 refusal issue 21st June 2012
Last edited by zahirsona on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zkhan

suzuki1985
Turkey

Post by suzuki1985 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:54 pm

Hello,

I will send my eea2 application to HO. I need to confirm my documents.

partners passports
marriage certificate
partners bank statements
partners payslips
rental contract
photo

Should i need to add some more documents?

angel25
Sri Lanka

Post by angel25 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi zahirsona im sorry to hear that.what does the refusal letter say?.did you send them enough evidence of your relationship?i sent my application as unmarried partner in may and still waiting.how many years worth of bills did you send? Again im sorrry i think you should reapply with a covering letter.

MONIQUITA
Newly Registered

Post by MONIQUITA » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:31 pm

thsths wrote:
MONIQUITA wrote:The worst thing is that they have not given back most of the invoices nor the certificate of self-employment.
I would send a letter of complaint. Do you need these documents? You should certainly ask them to reimburse your costs of getting another copy. I hope you have a copy of the original documents.

Maybe you can also ask for reconsideration, but that is unlikely. So you have the choice of reapplying or appeal.
I just came to the conclusion they may need a target of refusals to achieve.
That may all be true, and the standard of service is certainly terrible. But I think you should stay focussed and constructive. You can complain to Solvit and the European Commissions, if you like, and the later may certainly have some effect at some point.
Also they earn money with the appeal, in our case merely 10 days,I still do not know which is the fee.
You should get the cost of the appeal and all the others costs back. It is not easy, but it is your right.
We are thinking of a solicitor services because it is too much for us emotionally.
I know what you mean, but you have to stay cold and calculating about this.
If the appeal is not succesful he will have to leave the country by the time we are returning...
No, he does not. The legal hurdles for that are much higher, because they have to prove that you are not exercising treaty rights. Not exercising treaty rights is difficult to start with, and proving it even more so.
Right. Many thanks for your remarks. I certainly kept copies of the missing papers. Actually I did it thinking of the unlikely possiblity of what happened. So, I actually would not complain about the fact that they were missing, yet mainly about their statement saying I have not produced enough evidence. It is not only heavily tricky from them but also malicious and dishonest to have lost it and then to twist it so that it seems as we are the ones who have done it wrong!!!

We have already appealed without the help of a solicitor but with an accurate long cover letter. The appeal was made on the following ground: The decision breaches right which he has, as a member of an EEA national family, under community treaties relating to entry or residence in the United Kingdom.

Sure I could complain to Solvit and European Commissions, however that struggle goes further than my immediate willing, which is just stay with my husband. I also admit I have been the typical complainer in Spain during all my life and for some reason, here in England, do not see myself with the same energy nor attitude.

Could you please tell me how can I claim the cost of the appeal and other costs to have them back?

Sorry, I do not want to sound pessimistic but it seems like they are recently refusing RC´s sistematically. I would love to be mistaken. Fingers crossed.

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:42 pm

[quote="suzuki1985"]Hello,

partners passports
marriage certificate
partners bank statements
partners payslips
rental contract
photo

Should i need to add some more documents?[/quote]

EEA passport, marriage certificate, EEA payslips and your passport should be enough.

zahirsona

Post by zahirsona » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:30 pm

angel25 wrote:Hi zahirsona im sorry to hear that.what does the refusal letter say?.did you send them enough evidence of your relationship?i sent my application as unmarried partner in may and still waiting.how many years worth of bills did you send? Again im sorrry i think you should reapply with a covering letter.
Yes When I was send my application first time I send 2 year our relationship evidence .
Zkhan

suzuki1985
Turkey

Post by suzuki1985 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:16 am

Hello,

I checked in ukba website eea2 application form and version 06/2011. Is it correct one?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... /eea21.pdf

suzuki1985
Turkey

Post by suzuki1985 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:17 am

Thank you for ur reply. Is it important that EU spouse wages mean that is there any minumum limit or something like that? and If i will put also my payslips can be better?

zubby007 wrote:
suzuki1985 wrote:Hello,

partners passports
marriage certificate
partners bank statements
partners payslips
rental contract
photo

Thank you for ur reply. Is it important that EU spouse wages? and If i will put also my payslips can be better?

EEA passport, marriage certificate, EEA payslips and your passport should be enough.

stetois

Post by stetois » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:41 am

zahirsona wrote:
angel25 wrote:Hi zahirsona im sorry to hear that.what does the refusal letter say?.did you send them enough evidence of your relationship?i sent my application as unmarried partner in may and still waiting.how many years worth of bills did you send? Again im sorrry i think you should reapply with a covering letter.
Yes When I was send my application first time I send 2 year our relationship evidence .
I feel bad for you. But why did they refused your application?

stetois

Post by stetois » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:45 am

suzuki1985 wrote:Thank you for ur reply. Is it important that EU spouse wages mean that is there any minumum limit or something like that? and If i will put also my payslips can be better?

zubby007 wrote:
suzuki1985 wrote:Hello,

partners passports
marriage certificate
partners bank statements
partners payslips
rental contract
photo

Thank you for ur reply. Is it important that EU spouse wages? and If i will put also my payslips can be better?

You.dont have to put yours. Just the EEA payslips are fine

stetois

Post by stetois » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:50 am

There is no minimum just that the EEA must be a worker. But does not mean he works 1 hour per week but if he does 10-12 hours per week or more for the minimum wage he is a qualified person.

VANANESE
Newly Registered

if they refuse eea2

Post by VANANESE » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:50 am

hi , if they refuse eea2 appeal do they ask to leave the contry when current visa expries while proccesing time . ur help wil be appricated. thnkaz

stetois

Re: if they refuse eea2

Post by stetois » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:21 am

VANANESE wrote:hi , if they refuse eea2 appeal do t ehey ask to leave the contry when current visa expries while proccesing time . ur help wil be appricated. thnkaz
If they refuse you can reapply. Even if you have been asked to leave. Expired visa does not matter if your husband/wife lives here according to EU regulations.

VANANESE
Newly Registered

THANKZ

Post by VANANESE » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:34 pm

THAKZ FOR UR HELP FEW SOLICITORS ALWAYS SCARE U DONT NO MAY COS THEY WANT TO MAKE MONEY

VANANESE
Newly Registered

EEA2 EMPLOYMENT

Post by VANANESE » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:43 pm

EEA2 APPLIED ON 21 JAN 2012 I CALLED HOME OFFICE LAST FRIDAY , ITS BEEN FIVE AND HALF MONTH SHE TOLD ME NO DECSION HAS BEEN MADE YET ,

BUT LAST 2 MONTHS MY WIFE WAS UNEMPLOYED NOW SHE FOUND A JOB STILL MY APPLICATION NOT DECIDED DO ANY ONE SUGGEST ME TO SEND MY WIFS NEW JOB OFFER LETTER TO HOME OFFICE
AS A SOLICTOR STRONGLY ASKED ME TO SEND NEW JOB LETTER ,HE SAID UR LUCKY THEY HAVE NOT TAKEN ANY DECSIION THEY WILL CONTACT THE PREVIOUS EMPLOYER AND IF SHE IS NOT WORKIGN THER THEY WILL REFUSE MY APPLICATION

PLZ GUYS HELP WITH UR INFORMATION

simplegirl
Newly Registered

address

Post by simplegirl » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:47 pm

Hello all!
I already have a RC.
I am non-EEA national wife of EEA national Treaty Rights.
We plan to change our home address in UK.
Must I call or sent letter to HO and notice about our new adress?

Good luck for all, who still waiting RC, I attach my "old" timeline.
- - -
Timeline:
non-EEA national wife of EEA national Treaty Rights
EEA1 & EEA2 Application sent on 14/07/11
EEA1 and COA Received in one pack 08/08/11
1/11/11 Requested passports back by phone for travel
12/11/11 Received RC (Date of issue 07/10/11)