ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in ILR PEO Premium Service Application in Croydon Off

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

virgo2012

Delay in ILR PEO Premium Service Application in Croydon Off

Post by virgo2012 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:28 am

Dear all
Can anybody suggest me what can be possible for if the ILR PEO Premium Service application get delayed coz of the something gone wrong(may be IT problem or something else) in Croydon office and they send all applicants back to their homes after taking applications and documents and now 48 Hrs has been past from my appointment time with UKBA premium service application and there is no reply from Croydon office for the outcome of the application.
What can I do now to find out what is going on into Home Office ?
Whether they have start working on applications or not?
Whether problem in home office is fixed or not?
How they consider now for PEO premium Service application?
Will my application be considered as normal postal application now?

Pls suggest if the same has happened before and somebody have experience of this situation .

I am really nervous?

Rohaya74
Newly Registered

Post by Rohaya74 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:17 pm

When did you go to the PEO in Croydon, today? Did you get sent off today?

I went yesterday, all went smoothly and had my Biometric fingerprint done, the problem or hiccup starts the case worker call me around about 1ish...after almost 2 hours waiting after I had my Biometric Finger prints taken. She took all of my documents, which doing that she said the case worker could review my case because of their IT problem! She told me that they will be calling me between 2-3days ( 3 days being this Friday, so we shall see)

I've read this problem happen since March and you would have thought they have dealt with it or at least stopped people of going to the PEO until their IT problem has been resolved, at least people like us, can use post system instead. Premium System was suppose to be quicker and that is why we pay extra!!

Mine was SET M and straight forward.

Fingers crossed.

Aya

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:44 pm

hi
my case was straight forward too, for set(o) on work permit.my appt was on 2nd july at 1245.we did biometrics at 1400 hrs and very smoothly by 1330 hrs.after that problem start up and they stop calling any body , all were keep on waiting until 1700 hrs and then one lady from inside and start asking the tkt nos from every body and also asked for biometrics as well. all applicants were finished with biometrics by 1600 hrs and weer waiting for to be called by case worker. i never been called by case worker and then personally went o customer service window to ask and then one case worker asked me to give his application and relevent docs to him. i have given all docs to him along with app form around 1745 hrs and then he chk the application quickly and told me that they will call us asap, he did not confirm any time limit except said your application will be considered on priority basis.I believe this is not right, they should stop taking people in if there is any it prob or something wrong going on there.for us its really big tension on head.

Rohaya74
Newly Registered

Post by Rohaya74 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:16 pm

so it happens on Monday as well and they did the same thing on Tuesday. In fact, this issue has been raised in March?! The least they could do is to stop people from sending directly to PEO

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/may/0 ... er-failure

Are they trying to cash in although the system is not working?!

I pray that we will be getting the call from them soon.

In the meantime Chin up! I'm sure we will get the news soon. Keep up posted k.

foopai
Newly Registered

Post by foopai » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:29 pm

I applied for ILR yesterday at Croydon.

ILR SET (O), applied July 3rd 8:25 AM
Security check, Payment, Initial scrutiny, Biometric completed by 9:30 AM.
9:45 AM papers submitted to caseworker.
12:20 PM delays due to IT issues announced on public announcement system.
1:00 PM Caseworker tells me to go out and have lunch and come back as it will take longer due to IT issues.
2:00 PM Caseworker tells me that due to IT issues my application cannot be processed. However she said that my papers were in order and that there should not be any problems with my ILR. She returned all original documents back to me but retained my passport. I was told that I will get a call within 2 days and they will confirm my ILR at that time and also let me know when I can collect my passport from the office. She informed that the BRP will be posted to my home address within 5 to 10 days.

So much for a premium service and a premium price!

I am very anxious about this call and just hoping that this will be sorted out very soon.
Has anyone else experienced the same issues at Croydon in June/July?

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:56 pm

Dear friends
keep fingers cross with hope to listen positively from PEO Croydon office by the week end . Keep posting and keep on updating if someone listen something for their premium service application .
thanks

ron17
Newly Registered

Post by ron17 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:18 pm

Is this only happening at Croydon PEO? or is it across all the PEOs?

My appointment is next week at Sheffield, lets hope everything is ok on the day!!

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:37 pm

dear ron17
at the moment i can only tell you that all happened to croydon off only as no one have share his /her experience from any other peo from rest of the uk.
pls share your experience at shefield peo off after you come back.
best of luck for you application.

rkesav
Newly Registered

IT Issues

Post by rkesav » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:57 pm

I applied in cardiff on monday July 2 and waiting for my approval letter and BRP.
Documents and passports were returned and was told there was IT issues.

aummar
Newly Registered

Post by aummar » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:44 pm

I am in a similar situation, applied at Croydon PEO on 12th June because of IT issues case worker kept my passport but returned all originals. Received grant letter and passports after 6 days but I am still waiting for BRP card. I have contacted BRP team but they are saying that due to some IT issue they are unable to issue my card and they are unable to tell me how long it will take.......

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:22 am

Dear rkesav
what time your appt was in peo cyoydon on 2nd july. as i were there as well. my appt was at 1245 set(o).what was your application.
they take my all originals docs,passports and application and told me that they will contact me asap.my biometrics has been done at approx 1430.

Thought_Oasis
Newly Registered

Post by Thought_Oasis » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:01 am

I was at PEO Croydon yesterday (4th of July). The seemingly straightforward Set (M) application turned out to be one of the worst experiences of my life. I cannot comprehend or seemingly am able to shed light on the following issues:
1) If there was a technical glitch like in my case (and all of yours above) why didn't they email me about it? They emailed me 7 times that my appointment was today- for heavens sake I even got an email at 15:30 hrs althought my timing was for 13:40 hours
2) Why is the staff at Croydon so rude & obnoxious? The counter guy on the ground floor was talking to his friend whilst serving me. He then said we have a technical glitch but
DO NOT ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT IT
Me & my wife looked at each other & thought 'did that really happen?'
3) The situation worsened when I saw all those messages on plasma TVs stating
We believe I'm customer service... My staff are respectful ... We are here to serve you.... (other such pathetic lies)
Please! Stop with this hypocrisy- your staff is the rudest I've ever witnessed in a service delivery place. Even McDonalds staff apologize to you for a badly made burger- here I didnt categorically receive ONE APOLOGY from anybody! This is after paying them nearly 1400 pounds & taking 2 days off work!!
4) The person who took my form indulged in scare tactics- you have only bank statements? Erm yeaaah... Is that wrong? Isn't that a part of the form? He said ask me any question- when I did- he stated ask counter 44 (customer services)- then why ask me to ask you questions in the first place?? Such lunacy is unbelievable. Moreover, all were in uniform whereas my counter guy was in bright parrot green shirt! Wow- the height of unprofessionalism was certified by that smooth choice of clothing.

I cannot be more forceful of my frustration since last night. I cant stop thinking about all the uncertainty. Why in heavens name did I pay a premium fee for such abysmal service which wasn't fulfilled even! I'm not going to complain to them as thousands have already and it's fallen on deaf ears. I need the media involved somehow. And by Jove I'm even willing to make my own amateur video journalistic report on YouTube if things come to that! Pity my most important UK experience turned out to be my most horrid!
TL;DR- UKBA is in shambles- I advise any readers to delay their premium applications if they can and apply by post instead.

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:51 am

deat thought_oasis
good idea to raise the issue to media or anywhere else to get the right services for what we paid for.thats our right i believe.
why not joint together( unity is power) to raise the issue to the highest lavel.
if someone can suggest what can be the possible way to do it, i will surely be the part of that appeal or claim .

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:59 am

The additional problem is that they have a huge backlog of postal applications at the moment.

mghe

Post by mghe » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:20 am

BBC watchdog???

kkay_30
Newly Registered

Should i call up croydon PEo to give missed out information?

Post by kkay_30 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:35 am

Dear all,

I could really use some help on this topic if anyone knows anything about it.

Like everyone else here, i had a premium service appointment at Croydon PEO on 3rd July - Same IT issue - documents retained - case not reviewed - and was told to expect a phone call at some point - no time specified.

I later realised I didnt fill out 2 bits in the form correctly:
1. the bit which asked about any previous address in last 2 years - when i did live at a previous address for 1.5 months before my current address.
2. My rent/Mortgage - i wrote only my share which is £600, instead of the whole rent which is £1200 (thats what it was asking for)

Now - should i call up Croydon PEO and try and provide these two information while the application is still being reviewed.

Or should i wait for them to flag it?

Can my application be rejected based on these two fields when all other paperwork is correct?

Please help as i dont want all that money to go to waste and dont know if i should call or leave it be for now!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

shiv123
Newly Registered

Post by shiv123 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:05 pm

Hi,

I also had a similar(or i would like to hope so) experience in Sheffield PEO. I went for the 9:00 AM ILR appointment along with my wife. Our biometric was done by 9:40 AM and then we kept on waiting until 11:30 when a member of the staff comes and start talking to me rudely. He starts off by saying that i will go through the application in front of you( and i was thinking what the hell was he doing with the application for the past 2 hours then)

Then he asks me some stupid questions about salary and number of days out of the country, for which i point out the relevant sections in the application form and show the stickies marking the same

Then he says that my wife's LIUK test results were still not there in the system(although she had given it three days back) and then he says that the letter from my accountant lacks details. I ask him what details he needs, then he says that the membrship of ICAS is not mentioned for which i call up the accountant and get the detail(although i have never heard anyone ask for the membership number).

Then after some time he says that he is not able to reach ICAS to confirm the details that i gave and hence he cant give me the decision on the same day. I told him that i am willing to wait for as long as it takes, then he says that he will not be able to give me the decision as he has some checks to do

Now what i dont understand is, were his systems down(he kept on saying time and again that the systems are very slow) or is there something amiss for which he will reject the application

He has given me the same 0870 number and asked me to get in touch to get updates, but when i call them up they say that if the application is not more than 6 months old, then will not be able to provide any information., I did tell the agent that i had applied in person, to which he replies that if the decision is not made on the day, then it doesnt matter and there is no SLA also to be followed by UKBA

I am not sure what i should be doing now. I am currently on Tier 1(which runs out on 4th August and i dont even know if i will get my PR). If they reject(for whatever reason), then what options do i have? I am currently looking for a job, and i am sure that this visa status is going to be an impediment

Any suggestions/advice guys?

Rohaya74
Newly Registered

Post by Rohaya74 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:53 pm

Seriously, they are taking advantage of us here!! The least they could do is to stop asking people to send their application through PEO so that they can settle the back long.

Their IT issue has been a problem since March and yet they do nothing to solve it! It's a big joke! I'm fuming, not only I wasted my money by choosing Premium Services but time too. If I knew, I would have send it via post and wont be making any traveling planned.

It has been 2 days since I submitted mine application as I said in my thread, they promise to call within 2-3 days...nothing thus far! I've lost respect towards these people and they are riding and taking advantage on us, who clearly followed the rule.

I'm with you lot! I'm up for BBC watchdog, lets do it. We have been abused by the system, lets take this further and teach them a lesson.

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:32 pm

Shiv123, were your documents returned or kept by the UKBA?

shiv123
Newly Registered

Post by shiv123 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:39 pm

chosenaik wrote:Shiv123, were your documents returned or kept by the UKBA?
All the documents were kept and i was told that i will be contacted if any more documents are required. He called me on Friday(last week) to resend one of the documents which i did promptly

But then there is no news/contact after that

i am not sure if i should be scared or even apply for an extension of Tier 1(for which i am not getting any slots :( )

I feel that this happened because their systems were slow(or even not working) and hence they were not able to get all the details that they needed

anyone else think other wise?

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:45 pm

If you believe all your information is complet and valid, I would not worry.

As a point of note, the accountants' registration number shoud always be provdied or even better the Accounatnt's registartion docmnets or a letter from ICAS, ICAEW, ACCA or which ever governing body to verify that the accountant is indeed a regsitered member. Without this UKBA have no way of verifying this and that the information in the accounts can be relied on.

Then if the UKBA officer doesnt look at it, no harm done howver if he does want it, no extra time is wasted.

shiv123
Newly Registered

Post by shiv123 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:52 pm

chosenaik wrote:If you believe all your information is complet and valid, I would not worry.

As a point of note, the accountants' registration number shoud always be provdied or even better the Accounatnt's registartion docmnets or a letter from ICAS, ICAEW, ACCA or which ever governing body to verify that the accountant is indeed a regsitered member. Without this UKBA have no way of verifying this and that the information in the accounts can be relied on.

Then if the UKBA officer doesnt look at it, no harm done howver if he does want it, no extra time is wasted.
I wish, i had known this accountant detail before hand:( would have definitely saved me some time

however its good that you have posted it here , so that other benefit from it

however, does anyone have any idea on how long would my wait be???

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:32 pm

HIi shiv123
which date you submitted your case in sheffield office in person.
pls confirm

shiv123
Newly Registered

Post by shiv123 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:03 pm

virgo2012 wrote:HIi shiv123
which date you submitted your case in sheffield office in person.
pls confirm
I had submitted it on 28th June(Last thursday)

foopai
Newly Registered

Post by foopai » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:02 am

Just received call from UKBA Croydon office. My application is approved. They have asked me to collect the approval letter and my passports anytime next week. Relieved.... and amazed that I received the call in just 3 days... Best of luck to all others.