ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoA with right to work, what next? no NI, passport with UKBA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

misscam
Newly Registered

CoA with right to work, what next? no NI, passport with UKBA

Post by misscam » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:58 am

hi all
i have just recieved my CERTIFICATE OF APPLICATION with right to work.
i have no NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER, and no photo id.
can i apply for NI with just the home office letter??
what about opening a bank accout to have my wages paid into in case i find work?
if there is any one out there who can advice me on how to do this, i would appreciate it. waiting for advice please.
thanks alot you all

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:21 am

See COA and NI.

To open a bank account, a CoA is not enough as it is not ID document. You will need your passport.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:02 pm

You can request your passport back right now. It often takes a few weeks so do it early. Your application will continue to be processed.

toabetterchange

coa

Post by toabetterchange » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:18 am

Hi guys, just a question related to COA ; after having COA; is it given in a separate document or in the passport? if i ask for my passport without the residence card; where will the ukba stamp or issue it if i will have the passport in my hands? If anyone can explain to me please. thank you

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:49 am

The CoA is just a letter confirming the receipt of your application and your eligibility to work.

If the HO doesn't have your passport when a decision is made they might ask for the passport back to place the vignette or just put it on a standalone A4 paper. There is no rule. It depends on the CW.

toabetterchange

Coa

Post by toabetterchange » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:30 pm

Thank you Jambo. do you know if i can travel to anothr EU country with a COA? could i apply for Schengen visa? thank you

aledeniz

Re: Coa

Post by aledeniz » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:46 pm

toabetterchange wrote: do you know if i can travel to anothr EU country with a COA? could i apply for Schengen visa? thank you
If you have another travel document, i.e. an ID card of a EU country, or another passport, you may use those, otherwise I am afraid you cannot travel with a COA. My wife EEA2 application took 8 months, and in the last 4 months she couldn't travel as the then BIA wad holding her only passport, and EU countries and airlines weren't accepting her ID card.

Consequentially I am also afraid you cannot apply for a Schengen visa with a COA.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:51 pm

I presume you mean a passport + CoA (instead of RC). Not just the CoA.

I suggest you contact the relevant embassy and ask if they accept CoA as proof of legal stay in the UK. Have you got a copy of your marriage certificate? You will need that also to show your relationship to the EEA national (if traveling together).

toabetterchange

Post by toabetterchange » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:33 pm

Jambo wrote:I presume you mean a passport + CoA (instead of RC). Not just the CoA.

I suggest you contact the relevant embassy and ask if they accept CoA as proof of legal stay in the UK. Have you got a copy of your marriage certificate? You will need that also to show your relationship to the EEA national (if traveling together).
Thank you guys, yes passport and COA...

Will try and ask.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:58 pm

http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/ describes travelling without a visa. Note that it mainly works if you avoid airlines

toabetterchange

Post by toabetterchange » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:14 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/ describes travelling without a visa. Note that it mainly works if you avoid airlines
Thank you but better to wait the RC.

toabetterchange

another doubt

Post by toabetterchange » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:08 am

guys need your opinion.

I am wondering why I cannot apply for an Schengen visa even if I don't have UK visa at the moment or evn if my UK visa expired...or even waiting for a COA or with COA?

Why I have to wait for that visa(UK residence card) in order to apply and travel to a Schengen country?

Am I not allowed to live or visit those countries? I don't understand what UK visa has to do with Schengen visa?

I think I should be able to get a Schengen visa without questions except certificate of relationship and passports. Am I correct?

Thank you in advance.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:26 am

You should not need any proof of your current residence in the UK. Apply for a visa from the Germans by post. Such proof is not required in the application.

Germany is also lovely to visit!

Why does everyone want to go to Spain? It is beyond me! (I realize you did not say you want to go to Spain).

toabetterchange

Post by toabetterchange » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:53 am

Thank you! hehehe I had a Dutch visa before and didn't use it, I have seen Spanish are crazy....

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:55 am

Go to Munich and from there south to the Alps! Mid to Late September is lovely if you have time then

toabetterchange

Post by toabetterchange » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:40 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Go to Munich and from there south to the Alps! Mid to Late September is lovely if you have time then
Thank you for recommendation! Germany in the list :wink:

stetois

Post by stetois » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:28 pm

toabetterchange wrote:
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Go to Munich and from there south to the Alps! Mid to Late September is lovely if you have time then
Thank you for recommendation! Germany in the list :wink:
If you get your visa from the Germans please let us know how it went. I m so curious to know how they can deliver a shengen visa. Without any form of stay even if you are a family menber of EEA

stetois

Post by stetois » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:29 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:You should not need any proof of your current residence in the UK. Apply for a visa from the Germans by post. Such proof is not required in the application.

Germany is also lovely to visit!

Why does everyone want to go to Spain? It is beyond me! (I realize you did not say you want to go to Spain).
How come they don t need your status

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:49 pm

stetois wrote:How come they don t need your status
I am not sure exactly what question you are asking.

But in general the spouse of an EU citizen is almost always legally resident as long as the EU citizen is resident. Also, even if they are not legally resident in the place of application, that should not get in the way of their application to travel to the host EU member state (in this case Germany)

toabetterchange

Post by toabetterchange » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:50 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/ describes travelling without a visa. Note that it mainly works if you avoid airlines
Hi, did you say that this mainly works if i avoid airlines? what about Eurostar? or by train?