ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employing someone from your Ltd company

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Chase53

Employing someone from your Ltd company

Post by Chase53 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:56 am

Hi people,

Iam a contractor with my own Limited Company and my friend is due for his ILR application early next year and he is short of some amount to prove his last 12 months income.

So I decided to pay him the shortfall salary from my limited company as his second employer. And iam also ready to pay NI and PAYE tax for his salary. And my accounts are up to date so far and paying all the taxes on time.

So if we do this, will there be any problem for his visa?? And what are the necessary measures I need to take in doing so?

Please help!

Thanks,
Chase

adityak77
Member of Standing

Re: Employing someone from your Ltd company

Post by adityak77 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:18 am

Chase53 wrote:Hi people,

Iam a contractor with my own Limited Company and my friend is due for his ILR application early next year and he is short of some amount to prove his last 12 months income.

So I decided to pay him the shortfall salary from my limited company as his second employer. And iam also ready to pay NI and PAYE tax for his salary. And my accounts are up to date so far and paying all the taxes on time.

So if we do this, will there be any problem for his visa?? And what are the necessary measures I need to take in doing so?

Please help!

Thanks,
Chase

First of all. This is legally not allowed. If this was the case..any one could open a limited company and hire and pay money.

You think the HO will accept such a thing?

Check with HMRC and competent accountants who manage large company accounts for an opinion

Chase53

Post by Chase53 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 am

Thanks for your reply.

I agree with your statement but how does UKBA or HO get suspicious about the employee? As a Limited company owner, can I not hire people?

What I glean from HO point of view is that whether the applicant paid all the taxes for the income he has been claiming points for? And check the employer history and verify that the employer is genuine or not? Am I wrong?
First of all. This is legally not allowed. If this was the case..any one could open a limited company and hire and pay money.
Yes, everyone can open a limited company but the hardest thing is auditing which many people can't do correctly all the time and maintain records and submit all types of forms on time.