ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Divorced, do I need to inform home office ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dj25000

Divorced, do I need to inform home office ?

Post by dj25000 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:36 pm

Hi Guys,

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone for your help and support i got form this site in the past.

Once again i'm here for some advise . I was on EEA family permit as a non EU citizen. Then I got PR after 5 years. Due to some unavoidable differences we got divorced. After a while, i got remarried recently, to a non-eu citizen. I have applied for her to come over to UK as her sponsor.

Now the question is - Do i need to inform home office of my divorce ? or do i need to do anything else regarding this ?

Once again thanks a lot for the good work you guys are doing.

Best regards,
Dj25000

ngueda2009

Post by ngueda2009 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:32 am

what do you expect you have to inform them in fact your decree absolute is part of the application of the visa of your new partner this is to make sure that you did not remarried while you was still married in the uk