ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ramek27
Newly Registered

Applying for naturalisation

Post by ramek27 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:46 pm

Hi,
I rent though a property agent. The designation of the person I know is 'Administrator'
Can he act as a referee for naturalization?

Thanks
R

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:53 pm

If in that company the "Administrator" is regarded as a manager, and if the company is VAT registered, then he can act as referee.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:43 am

ramek27 wrote:http://www.workpermit.com/uk/naturalisation.htm#s1
says
"You must have been living in the UK exactly six years before the date the application reaches the Home Office"

Is this correct? I thought I need to be in the UK for 5 years.

I came here on WP on 28-july-2006
got ILR on 15-july-2011

Can I apply for Naturalization on 15-july-2012 ? or do I need to wait till 28-july-2012 (5+1 = 6 years)?

Kindly reply so that I can make my application asap.

Thanks
R
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:46 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ramek27
Newly Registered

Post by ramek27 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:52 am

Many thanks asim72 & sushdmehta.
-------
I have couple of more queries :

I would like to pay fee by a credit card (Form AN)
What if card is declined by bank for any reason? (technical issues in HO system)
Will HO call me to get payment sorted ? or return my application ?

Is is possible to send both card details and a cheque so that HO can use the cheque in case card payment is declined?

Can I pay over phone?

Kindly let me know.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Why not send a demand draft, a cheque, debit card details, and a friends credit cards details with authrorisation? This way you will totally safeguard yourself. :lol:

Do not overdo it.

Never heard anyone before paying with two different methods of payment in case one fails.

If there is a problem, they will contact you.

If you are thinking that they might return the application, then the sky won't fall down if they return it. You send it again with correct fees. Having said that, they wont just return it.

No, you can't pay over the phone.

Gopaalan

Post by Gopaalan » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:43 pm

Me & my wife were granted ILR after 5 years of stay for me and as a dependant (of WP holder - 3years) for my wife.

Now we've both completed a year since ILR granted. Can we both apply together now? I've completed more than 6 years and my wife 4 years in the country.

Does she have to wait till 6 years in the country to apply for BC? or wait till myself being granted BC and then apply as a wife of a British Citizen (in which case we can't submit together saving some fee)?

blay1

Post by blay1 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:09 am

Gopaalan wrote:Me & my wife were granted ILR after 5 years of stay for me and as a dependant (of WP holder - 3years) for my wife.

Now we've both completed a year since ILR granted. Can we both apply together now? I've completed more than 6 years and my wife 4 years in the country.

Does she have to wait till 6 years in the country to apply for BC? or wait till myself being granted BC and then apply as a wife of a British Citizen (in which case we can't submit together saving some fee)?
You are okay, but your wife needs to complete 5 years before she can apply.

ramek27
Newly Registered

Marriage certificate for joint application

Post by ramek27 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:44 pm

Marriage certificate for joint application
---------
Form AN says -
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS required
SECTION 9 Joint applications - Marriage or civil partnership certificate

There is no section 9 on form AN!
---------

Guide AN and booklet doesn't say anything about Marriage certificate under list of supporting documents -

why can't HO maintain consistency in their documents ?

Please could someone let me know if I need to send Marriage certificate for a joint application?

Thanks
R

blay1

Re: Marriage certificate for joint application

Post by blay1 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:54 pm

ramek27 wrote:Marriage certificate for joint application
---------
Form AN says -
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS required
SECTION 9 Joint applications - Marriage or civil partnership certificate

There is no section 9 on form AN!
---------

Guide AN and booklet doesn't say anything about Marriage certificate under list of supporting documents -

why can't HO maintain consistency in their documents ?

Need to send a marriage certificate

Please could someone let me know if I need to send Marriage certificate for a joint application?

Thanks
R

Gopaalan

Post by Gopaalan » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:54 pm

blay1 wrote:
Gopaalan wrote:Me & my wife were granted ILR after 5 years of stay for me and as a dependant (of WP holder - 3years) for my wife.

You are okay, but your wife needs to complete 5 years before she can apply.
Thanks Blay