ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Best Christmas Present ever!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SallyO
Newly Registered

Best Christmas Present ever!

Post by SallyO » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:34 pm

HI! In the months leading up to applying for my visa, I found this site both incredibly scary and incredibly helpful. And I always loved hearing about the successful applications.

My situation was a bit complicated because both my English husband and I have been living in Canada for the past year. He's not been able to work since the end of September, because that's when his Canada visa expired. We have very little savings, so because of all this I was concerned that we didn't have enough to prove financial stability. I got a letter of support from both my parents and my in-laws and I guess that worked.

I applied for my visa on Tuesday, December 12. Sent my supporting documents on the following Friday. I received an email on Monday indicating they'd arrived, and I had my visa by Friday. (Just in time for Christmas!)

I also applied on-line. I would recommend this to anyone who has this option available. After we filled out the application, they sent an email indicating what needed to be included in my package. Including some stuff I would not have included otherwise.

What I did include:
Application support

My application form
My passports and birth certificate
Notorized copy of my husband's passport
Certified copy of my husband's birth certificate
Letters from me and my husband supporting the application
Letter from my mother-in-law supporting the application
2 passport sized photos

Evidence of Finances
Past six months bank statements for both of us
Past four months paystubs for me
The last four months of paystubs for Scott before his visa expired
Letter from my parent's stating support
Letter from my parent's bank stating funds
CV's for my husband and myself
Letter from University confirming my degree
Letter of Reference from previous UK employer (when I was there on WHV)
5-6 possible jobs for me in the area we wish to settle

Evidence of Relationship
Wedding certificate
E-mails between us
Mail going to same address to prove that we're living together (bills in my name and record of employment from my husband's employer)
Wedding and other pictures of us together

Evidence of Accomodation
Letter from my husband's aunt stating she'll let us stay with her until we find accomodation
Possible flats available in the area we wish to settle

I wish you all the best of luck and I hope this helps. :D

John

Post by John » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:39 pm

Congratulations Sally and husband. Glad it all worked out. Have a great life together in the UK.

When do you intend to actually make the journey to the UK?
John