ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

German EU spouse visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:11 pm

She is being paid in cash and it gets paid to her postbank account by her. We are keeping record of these income so that we would be able to pay taxes on them, I know the taxes wont be hefty though . We do not even know which office we need to go to declare the income.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:16 pm

frei wrote:She is being paid in cash and it gets paid to her postbank account by her. We are keeping record of these income so that we would be able to pay taxes on them, I know the taxes wont be hefty though . We do not even know which office we need to go to declare the income.
You are doing the right thing.

But I am curious about her employer. Is her employer officially paying her? Or put another way, is her employer happy with your wife declaring her income as part of an annual tax return?

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:39 pm

She isn't working for no one, it is still a word of mouth thing as it is in that she goes to people's house to make their hairs or they come to us to have it done, transportation cost is included if she has to travel to them.

do we have to go to the tax office to inquire about paying tax on this income , and what is the office called if you know it

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:51 pm

I suspect if you report it, it would count as self employed.

You would need to contact the Steuramt (or something like that). That in itself will be an experience! (Not sure it will be a positive experience unless your German is good)

Stefan-TR

Post by Stefan-TR » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:58 pm

frei wrote:She isn't working for no one, it is still a word of mouth thing as it is in that she goes to people's house to make their hairs or they come to us to have it done, transportation cost is included if she has to travel to them.
If you properly organize this and sort out a health insurance for both of your, then you can get your residence documentation on the basis of your wife being self-employed.
frei wrote:do we have to go to the tax office to inquire about paying tax on this income , and what is the office called if you know it
You can ask your local chamber of commerce (IHK = Industrie- und Handelskammer) for advice, they would know all the administrative steps that your wife has to go through to officially set up her business and sort out her taxes.

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:21 pm

Thank you for your input stefan, how expensive are the insurance annualy in germany for a family of 2 if you have a rough idea?

Stefan-TR

Post by Stefan-TR » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:40 pm

frei wrote:Thank you for your input stefan, how expensive are the insurance annualy in germany for a family of 2 if you have a rough idea?
If one of you was working as an employee, the health insurance for him/her and the partner would be provided through the "Gesetzliche Krankenkasse" (the statutory health insurance system) and directly deducted from the gross salary.

If neither of you is an employee, e.g. if one of you is self-employed, then you'd have to find a private health insurance. You'll probably find plenty of comparison sites to see what tariffs can be offered to you.

As a guideline from http://www.cecu.de/krankenversicherung- ... ndige.html I found:
Male, age 30, from 130 EUR / month,
Male, age 40, from 178 EUR / month,
Female, age 30, from 213 EUR / month,
Female, age 40, from 262 EUR / month.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:24 pm

Often the private insurance is actually cheaper than the public. Or it least it was when I bought insurance. Very odd.

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:43 am

Thanks guyz I will keep you informed of progress.

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:39 am

I will firstly thank God for progress being made,and then to everyone who have contributed to my thread thank you for your support and guidance especially Directive2004/38/EC.

We have moved out of the Munchen Area, houses seems to be too difficult to come by in Munchen, so we are in Bremen at the moment. we have 2 job opportunities in Bremen and we shall decide which way to go on the two.

We have been to the Auslanderbehorde, they noticed that my one month visa has expired and they didn't say anything to me orally, I am guessing they might be asking for a valid visa prior to making an application for residence card. My wife was issued a Bescheinigung gemass & 5 FreizugG/EU.

The visa man listed their requirement and I can hardly understand some of it so I would need anyone with the Deutsche knowledge to help me with a human translator Google doesn't seem to be doing a good job at that.

NationaLpass mit visum, this is the particular one I didn't understand which seems to be a valid visa to me not sure what it is.

he then again requested to have the marriage certificate legalized, he also requested house contract, and after seeing our Anmeldung which was under the same address I am not prepared to give him that as I do not even have it.

Now my point is if the Auslanderberhorde refuse to accept my application, until all (his) requirements which are not required in the directive are fulfilled to whom can i turn to for assistance? the application form he gave me doesn't say residence card or EEA or EU something like that, it says on it application for granting a residence permit, is this the normal practise in Germany?

And finally on the form it asked how long I am planning to stay in Deutschland, it ask for from date and ending date shall i just put N/A in those field or something.

Thank you in advance.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:19 pm

frei wrote: We have been to the Auslanderbehorde, they noticed that my one month visa has expired and they didn't say anything to me orally, I am guessing they might be asking for a valid visa prior to making an application for residence card. My wife was issued a Bescheinigung gemass & 5 FreizugG/EU.

The visa man listed their requirement and I can hardly understand some of it so I would need anyone with the Deutsche knowledge to help me with a human translator Google doesn't seem to be doing a good job at that.

NationaLpass mit visum, this is the particular one I didn't understand which seems to be a valid visa to me not sure what it is.

he then again requested to have the marriage certificate legalized, he also requested house contract, and after seeing our Anmeldung which was under the same address I am not prepared to give him that as I do not even have it.

Now my point is if the Auslanderberhorde refuse to accept my application, until all (his) requirements which are not required in the directive are fulfilled to whom can i turn to for assistance? the application form he gave me doesn't say residence card or EEA or EU something like that, it says on it application for granting a residence permit, is this the normal practise in Germany?

And finally on the form it asked how long I am planning to stay in Deutschland, it ask for from date and ending date shall i just put N/A in those field or something.

Thank you in advance.
It should actually say something like: 'Aufenthaltsanzeige EU-Bürger und deren Familienangehörige'

Maybe you have been sent to the wrong department? It sounds like he is treating you like the spouse of a German national...

I´d contact (or have somebody call on your behalf) the head of the EU team at the Ausländerbehörde in Bremen:

http://www.stadtamt.bremen.de/sixcms/de ... .c.5811.de

You have to scroll down quite a bit, it´s the first telephone number beneath 'Leitungsfunktionen'.

Good luck!

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:15 am

Thank you very much for that information, I will try and get someone to ring for me this morning.

docteurbenway

Post by docteurbenway » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:18 pm

Hi, frei

could you please provide more information, what segment are you working on (public, private, etc...)

Since these things are case specific please provide detailed background info

Thanks

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:57 pm

Thanks docteurbenway, My wife is working in a private sector, she had just been handed the work contract. They talked about legalizing my marriage certificate again, the Embassy in Ghana says they have stopped all legalization and has been replaced by a verification method. I do not know if we will be responsible for the verification fee which is around 560 euros. And more so since I was issued a visa by the embassy one will assume they would have done these checks before the granting of visa.

If you have any idea on this kindly shed some light.

Thanks

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:01 am

frei wrote:The visa man listed their requirement and I can hardly understand some of it so I would need anyone with the Deutsche knowledge to help me with a human translator Google doesn't seem to be doing a good job at that.

Can you please send me a copy of the list they gave you. Email address at http://eumovement.wordpress.com/about/

Your wife is an EU citizen. She is working. Correct?

If so all you will need to provide is two passports, a marriage certificate, and any simple proof that she is working, such as a payslip OR a letter from her employer. THAT IS ALL.

Did you get a visa to enter Germany on the basis of your marriage to your EU citizen wife?

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:52 pm

Thanks Directive, Yes I di get a visa with the following wording FAMILIENANGEHORIGER EINE UNIONBURGERS/EWR-BURGER, I have sent you a list of their requirements. my wife is currently in employment.

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:25 pm

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to my thread, I have received confirmation of approval of my residence card yesterday. it will expire by 2017. thank you guyz

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:47 pm

So what information did you have to provide in the end? And how long did the whole application process take?

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:09 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:So what information did you have to provide in the end? And how long did the whole application process take?
My wife got another job offer in another town not under the Jurisdiction of the Bremen state, so we went to the to ABH in the city, who directed us to someone at the registry office who was asking that we need to legalize our marriage certificate before they could continue, we tried to explain that the wording on the visa signifies that it was OK with the Embassy that was why they issue me the visa in the first place, the woman at the registry office was convinced after seeing the wording, she rang the head of the ABH( Auslanderbehorde) after who said so long she is ok with the certificate he to is.

We went back to the ABH now and the man directed us to the EU section, the lady took copy of our passports and just booked an appointment for the 31 of July, and ask to bring my wife insurance and employment contract with a bio metric passport photograph, handed us the right form to fill in to be brought back on the 31st.

We attended with the documents, before we arrived she's been doing something on her computer, I found out the passport photograph I had used to apply for the entry visa back in Ghana was on her computer with my details, we handed the documents to her and then she checked and photocopied and took my finger prints for the Aufenthaltskarte, she said it's been issued in Berlin and that I should come back yesterday for a letter to confirm my residence. When we arrived she handed us the letter which says thus: This is to confirm that Mrxxx born on xxx is a family member of Eu burger and has been issued a residence card starting on 31.7.12 expires on 30.07.17, and that the Aufenthaltskarte has been order from the Bundes printing office in Berlin and could only be picked up at a latter date.

Someone at that same ABH told me I had to pay 28 Euros for the card and I thought well may be it's normal and it's just 28 Euros I didn't worry much, but this woman made no mention of such fee, am still wondering if she will ask for this money when I will be picking up the residence card or is just completely free?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:46 am

I also understand there is a charge for the card. You might be able to push back, though I am not sure it will work.

How long between when you booked your appointment and the 31st?

Glad it all worked out!

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:38 pm

It was just about 2 weeks and 2 days.