ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Last name spelled wrong on acknowledgement letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

muhandis.ak

Last name spelled wrong on acknowledgement letter

Post by muhandis.ak » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:13 pm

Hello,

I sent in my postal application for Tier 1 extension last week and received the acknowledgement letter today.

In it, they have mis-spelled my last name (for eg: NARRYAN instead of NARAYAN). This has happened in all the places where my name is mentioned in the letter including where it says 'Applicant Name'.

I'm not sure whether I should write them a letter notifying them of the error and will that delay the processing, any suggestions please?

Thanks,

Kala

nks

Post by nks » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:36 pm

I would inform them.

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:39 am

you would need tell them otherwise your BRP will have wrong name..

muhandis.ak

Post by muhandis.ak » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:54 pm

Thanks for your inputs. I sent them a letter informing them of the error and requested them to resend the acknowledgement letter with the correct name.

Hope it helps!

However, I'm pretty sure that the Biometric letter is already on its way with the wrong name on it, not sure what to do about that.

Kala

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:46 pm

you would need to get that changed as well if it arrives with the wrong name

azhar_new2004

Post by azhar_new2004 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:53 am

Hi All,

My friend applied for dependent visa for his baby where the BRP contains incorrect spelling. It was incorrect in the Biometric enrollment letter also but didn't noticed it. Please tell me what he has to be now.

Thanks,
Azhar

nafe12

Re: Last name spelled wrong on acknowledgement letter

Post by nafe12 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:21 pm

muhandis.ak wrote:Hello,

I sent in my postal application for Tier 1 extension last week and received the acknowledgement letter today.

In it, they have mis-spelled my last name (for eg: NARRYAN instead of NARAYAN).
This happened to me on my original Tier 1 application.
I called them and they said don't worry about the App letter, just let them know if the BRP is wrong.
Everything was fine for me.
azhar_new2004 wrote: My friend applied for dependent visa for his baby where the BRP contains incorrect spelling. It was incorrect in the Biometric enrollment letter also but didn't noticed it. Please tell me what he has to be now.
It tells you what to do on the letter that comes with the BRP.
Basically - inform them!

anjanjua18
Newly Registered

Re: Last name spelled on NADRA nikah copy

Post by anjanjua18 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:01 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have applied my wife visa from Pakistan on 2nd of September 2015. I have submitted all documents but noticed that NADRA nikah copy spellings were ee INSTEAD of i

However on passport, translated nikah copy, ID card, NADRA FRC, educational qualifications spelling are alright.

I am still waiting for the decision but panicking due to this small issue.

Regards

madhuumesh13
Newly Registered

Post by madhuumesh13 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:42 am

hi
Actually i go to post office to collect my brp card with my letter and passport but they didn't give me bcz they said my name is wrong on brp card but all other things r match like photos and all with my passport.now my visa is going to expire on 26 july (my 30 days is going to over) what should i do ? is there any contact numer so that i contact them? i already go throug the official web site gov.uk

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:05 pm

madhuumesh13 wrote:hi
Actually i go to post office to collect my brp card with my letter and passport but they didn't give me bcz they said my name is wrong on brp card but all other things r match like photos and all with my passport.now my visa is going to expire on 26 july (my 30 days is going to over) what should i do ? is there any contact numer so that i contact them? i already go throug the official web site gov.uk
Kindly refrain from digging up and posting in topics that are 3 years old.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.