ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW on ACCA Fundamental Papers

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:59 pm

@Greenie Thanks for your reply.

Well, firstly I did not completely rule out the possibility that they will appeal against it as in majority of cases they don't so there is no question of misleading others here. Secondly, even if they go for appeal there are cases where applicants have been granted PSW visas in the first place. So my question from them in the UTT or High Court would be, why this double standard and unfairness in their decisions? Thirdly, why have they settled several High Court cases outside the court?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:12 pm

The reports that the UKBA 'settled out of court' are unverified and we don't know anything about the circumstances of those cases other than the fact that they involved ACCA. The FTT and UTT are not bound by the decisions of UKBA caseworkers. It is clear that the intention of the UKBA was to exclude professional qualifications such as ACCA. I can't comment on why some caseworkers have apparently misunderstood this but it is clear from the rules, and the guidance, that only UK recognised bachelors, masters, PhDs, PGCEs and Scottish HNDs qualify for the points for attributes for PSW.

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:12 am

King Khan whats the progress on your appeal? You should have received the determination by now. Have you heard anything from HO yet? Are they challenging it?

malik5805
BANNED

Post by malik5805 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:08 pm

hello king khan hope you have positive reply from home office..i am bit worried abt my case i applied my psw in march on the basis of fundamental level still did not receive any reply does anyone know how long they will take and wat is chances are to get visa????plz let me know asap??one thing more if my appeal rejected can i go on the student visa again bcz i am still studying

NAHID

PSW ACCA

Post by NAHID » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:42 pm

Hello ACCA student

its a green light day for all PSW applicant based on fundamental level. today my friend Mr D Hossain psw appeal based on ACCA fundamental level has been Allowed. it has represented by Mr Marfat from Newcastle. You guys may heard about him but it is a very good news.

Decision will be sent out by Tribunal very short period of time but I was present with my friend at tribunal and JUDGE from UPPER TRIBUNAL has allowed the appeal.

I believe we acca student those applied for PSW based on ACCA qualification would not have any problem to get positive result from tribunal.
you can not expect positive result from UKBA but you can expect positive reply from tribunal provided who represent your case.

I heard some firm lying about upper tribunal's decision but today's incident is genuine and you may call my friend 0786100108 to ask his experience in upper tribunal and can feed back from him about your paw matter.

hope this will help lots of students.

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:19 pm

Wow! Congrats to your friend and I hope that all the others waiting succeed with their application. It looks like all of ACCA applicant will have to end up in UTT. Anyways all the best to everybody else who are banking on ACCA fundamentals for PSW.

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:01 am

@Deepshithole2010, @malik5805

My decision was allowed a few weeks ago. So far I haven't heard anything from HO nor from my solicitor so I would assume that HO haven't appealed against the decision as they had got 5-7 working days to do so.

I personally haven't received a copy of the determination, called AIT but they said that the procedure has changed now and only the representatives will receive the determination copy. Still have to see the decision letter personally....

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:44 am

UKBA has 5 days from the date of promulgation to appeal, since you haven't received a copy yet, it means that your appeal hasn't been promulgated yet so UKBA will have 5 days from then and not when you had your hearing.

By the way how do you know your appeal was allowed as judges generally give you an indication whether you were successful or not, they do not declare/guarantee whether your appeal is allowed (ie generally reserve their judgement.... but may differ from judges to judges)

NAHID

Post by NAHID » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:19 pm

Dear Deepsheet hole

the appeal in UPT was allowed because judge was satisfied with Mr marfat's submission and his presented documentation. it is not usual document only. I hard he has managed to collect few other evidences from different sources which enable him to get easy success in his represented cases. it has been proved beyond doubt that the ACCA qualification is UK recognised degree. its true that UKBA has five days time to challenge but from my friends view they would not do because they did not had much say when judge asked ukba to defend MR Marfat's argument and supported document. therefore appeal was allowed.

UKBA has no chance to appeal against that decision even if they do , hope that they can not win.
need any help you may contact him at ...

smmarfat@yahoo.com
(07903161315)

king khan............. thank you for your reply to us. UKBA probably would not challenge the decision. hope you will get your visa by nest month. contact your solicitors. sometime they do delay to inform clients on time.
NALAM

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:01 am

@Deepshithole2010 : I think I haven't cleared myself :). The decision was promulgated on 31st of May which was allowed. Only my solicitor received a copy of the decision not me. So when i called AIT regarding another copy of decision not being sent to me, they said only the representatives receive the copy of decision not the appellants as the procedure has changed now. And since almost a month has elapsed from the promulgation date I assume HO are not going to appeal against the decision. Now I'm waiting for HO to send me the letter for submission of my passport.

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:53 am

Thanks @NAHID. Can you please share the appeal number as I couldn't find any ACCA case promulgated between 22-25th of june by UTT? Thanks

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:41 pm

Thats much more clear now. Thanks for the update and goodluck for your visa. Hope you hear from Home Office soon with some good news but they very notorious and keep people waiting for ages in spite of losing.

Anyways all's well that ends well and in your case clearly there has been a happy ending.

malik5805
BANNED

Post by malik5805 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:13 pm

hello king khan and nahid congrats to yr friend i have few question if you can answer those plz i applied my visa in end of march and given mine fingerprints in 25th april and still havnt got any reply is anyone plz let me know how long they will take to appeal to through usually how long home office takes ...

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:34 pm

Thanks @Deepshithole2010 and malik5805,

The processing time for psw applications have become so unpredictable now. Some of my friends who had applied later than the other got their decisions earlier. Since there is a huge backlog of psw cases you've got to be patient at this time. :)
It's been a month now since my appeal was allowed and still I haven't received the letter from HO. Hopefully it will be soon. Wish you all best of luck.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:21 pm

Another case that an applicant lost:

http://www.ait.gov.uk/Public/Unreported ... 832012.doc

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:16 pm

Very depressing to hear that.........................when you are in the same situation, even though there have been some success stories.

Anyways I have already resigned to my fate that my visa will be refused. But UKBA is known not to apply policies consistently to all the application and much is left to the discretion of the the caseworker.

I am only hoping to scrape through the net,even though chances are very minimal.

malik5805
BANNED

Post by malik5805 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:05 pm

Ohh my god this is really sad to see this....All i can say now i am also the victim of this forum...i have left hope now...after reading this decision i am so disappointed that UK is country where everyone received same treatment but after watching this very disappointed coz some ppl are getting visa and they have same courses and some are not getting visa which is very annoying....I know one thing when i will go to court if my visa refuse and i will get fair justice by Judge...Finger cross for eveyone please keep inform us whats going on...Thanks again and pray for me aswell pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

foreverdeux
Newly Registered

Ive got it today!

Post by foreverdeux » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:11 pm

I am normally not that kind of person that post my comments on forum.

But today I just to have to tell you guys that it is 'TRUE' that you'll be able to receive PSW visa with your ACCA fundamental certificate.
Today I got a letter from UKBA that my appeal has been allowed. (the hearing date was last wednesday, so i didnt expect they would get back to me this fast)

If you want a peace of mind with your appeal process go to Marfat.
He sure will be more than happy to help you out.

smmarfat@yahoo.com 07903161315

I am over the moon!!

NAHID

Post by NAHID » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:46 pm

Dear Malik 5850 and Deepshithole and all

it is my firm believe that you guys should contact to such lawyer who can really help you and in my knowledge and belief its Mr Marfat.

I did not hard yet that he was not able to get positive result for his psw clients. the evidence he got I dont believe that any other lawyer have it. that is why he gets success in his cases.

if you have any appeal pending or application has been refused you should contact him first to find out your possibility.

you may hire famous solicitors or they will appoint barristers but again in this PSW no body yet get highest success than him. No harm and no offence drop down your concern and ego and contact him straight. its definitely better than anybody and you will have peace of mind.
It is my advice to all do not ruin your opportuity at first place becasue its hards to fix things if your case goes wrong at first tier tribunals.

Do not also worry about upper tribunals decision which Paper pusher posted in this site. i HAVE Discussed with MR Marfat and found out that the solicitor had represent the case wrong way as a result their client has lost the case. there are number of way ACCA fundamental level can be presented to tribunal to get positive decision.

you may not believe me but you may give him a call to find out more, he dont charge for talking like other people.

Congratulation to Foreverdeux.... for your good result , hope other acca hard working student would also get positive result, unless they misguide by some lawyers..........

Any concern just call Mr Marfat and get your remedy and PSW ...will be on your way.
NALAM

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:56 am

I do agree that it is possible for lawyers to win appeal on the basis of a strong argument.

However not too sure about the credibility of Mr Marfat as he might be using different names and email ID to promote himself as its too obvious why a barrister would be distributing his personal mobile no's and email address to the members of public (Very similar to Bukhari Chambers promoting themselves knowing fully well that there is an opportunity to make good money by exploiting student).

In actual fact barristers (Which Marfat should be as he is appearing before a judge) are not suppose to directly engage the public for work they have to be recommended by a solicitor.

Even though some people may have had success with him and I think the best way to establish his credentials would be to refer to the appeal no so forum members can check it themselves or at least even if he does not want to publicly disclose the cases at least should be able to email the link or a copy of the determination to interested people of course protecting the identity of the appellant in doing so.

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:06 pm

Well Just found out that barristers are able to interact with members of public without the intervention of a solicitor.

This is a new 'Public Access Rule' implemented recently which allows Mr Marfat to engage with members of public directly.

But I would still have my skepticism unless I get some concrete evidence.

malik5805
BANNED

Post by malik5805 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:34 pm

i am agree wid you deep coz of he won a lot of cases then y dont he post any winning case in here i am also worried y i jave applied the PSw on basis of fundamental level i am actually say victim of these forums..mr marfat come out wid evidence and let us knw i heared abt marfat through my friend too but he still saying i do not have any prove

malik5805
BANNED

Post by malik5805 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:36 pm

my email adress is kingheart1122@yahoo.com send evodence then we ll trust or either doibt it

foreverdeux
Newly Registered

Post by foreverdeux » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:35 am

I'm not gonna lie to y'all, from time to time I have doubted his ability to get that PSW for me.
But now I have received the decision letter from UKBA with his help. 100%!
I just don't feel safe to post my decision letter to open thread like this.

malik5805, Deepshithole2010

People tend to believe what they want to believe.
If I was you I would just call him and ask him to give you the solid evidence which i think he would not mind showing you.
If you don't bother to do that, then I guess in couple of months you'll be able to find yourselves back in your country doing what I don't know.

I didn't want that to happen and now I don't have to worry about it for at least two years. lol

BTW, I'm not Marfat. As far as I know there is nobody named Marfat from my country.

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:28 am

Bro don't take this personally,but I have noticed that you and Nahid everytime you are posting a comment it is always about promoting Mr Marfat. This may be incidental but it is highly suspicious.

This in itself isn't a bad thing that you like to share your success story with other forum members,however comments from both of you seem to be pushing members towards Mr Marfat and most importantly is not backed by any credible evidence.

Can you answer the following questions please...

1) Is Mr Marfat a barrister,where is he based and which solicitor firm does he works for?

2) What is the appeal no and the date of promulgations which Mr Marfat has won?

3) Why can't you post your determination protecting confidential information about yourself like your identity,personal info etc. as I would only be interested in the skeletal argument and the the judge's interpretation of the law to arrive at your decision ?

Sure you shouldn't have a problem with that as you have been kind enough to advise members about Mr Marfat you should be kind enough to share the requested info.