ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply on basis of spouse citizen or 5 year reckon-able?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

NearlyIrish

Apply on basis of spouse citizen or 5 year reckon-able?

Post by NearlyIrish » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:07 pm

Folks,

It's been a long time since I last visited this forum. I got my naturalisation back in Oct/Nov 2009 and it's my wife's turn to apply for her naturalisation.
So this year
We have the option to either apply on the basis that she's been on valid work permits with all the relevant stamps for the past 5 yrs or on the basis that she's the spouse of an Irish Citizen (me). We got married in Jan 2007.

We would like to have some advice as to which basis of application would be best for us based on experiences here.

Cheers

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:05 am

Your wife would not be able to apply for citizenship based on her marriage to you (an Irish national) until Oct/Nov of this year as then she will have completed 3 years marriage to an Irish citizen.

I am unaware if either application is more favourable or faster, perhaps someone who has knowledge of that will be able to answer.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton